Caro, witch women, spell true

Remove this Banner Ad

I still think that if we are going to get any respect, we have to be professional. I don't get that impression from something like facebook.com. I feel we need our own space, one we have control over and make it look stunning.

Presentation will be our key. I still feel we need to gain the support of some high profile figures that are affiliated to the club in some way.

Anthony Stevens, Glenn Archer, Denis Pagan etc.

I still think that if we are going to get any respect, we have to be professional. I don't get that impression from something like facebook.com. I feel we need our own space, one we have control over and make it look stunning.

Presentation will be our key. I still feel we need to gain the support of some high profile figures that are affiliated to the club in some way.

I agree. Although these days, mountains can be moved by using the technology (internet) to our advantage. I think a campaign like Save our Saints, highly publicized, with high profile North people (as you said) involved is needed. Not just an internet thing either - TV ads if possible, newspaper, billboards, etc etc etc. So that it is constantly in the public eye. Because so far, the pro-gold coast faction seem to have had it all their way.

FB can be far more structured than blogging on BF.
Not saying FB will be the answer, more a better structured forum for people to become involved and get the wheels in motion.

Alright, I've been sitting on this for a little while now ... some time ago, a few people spoke about a supporters trust on this website (and as far as I could tell, it didn't go a long way) - there are apparently similar type things set up for various EPL clubs. I would be pretty keen on setting one up with some help.

I am an accountant by profession, so I would need some help from lawyer types and marketing folks. Also, people with political aspirations (or an existing role) at the club would help. I would want to get about 6-7 people together to draw up statement of intent and later on a deed or constitution once (or if) we get the necessary support.

I would see the aim of such a trust as firstly unwinding the shareholder structure by acquiring shares from existing shareholders (and take on control of the club for the members) and secondly to retain the North Melbourne Football Club as a Melbourne based entity. There are of course a couple of hitches:

* funding. I expect that in the early stages this would be by donations (cash and man hours). Hopefully a few shareholders will donate their shares to the trust to get it up and running;

* awareness. I had originally expected to try this out with the club (and I will still try to) rather than as a separate entity, however there may be a need to be able to operate as a stand alone - accordingly, some people with some marketing experience / ideas would be very helpful;

* acceptance. No matter what the trust actually stands for, it will not keep everyone happy all of the time. The focus of the entity needs to be narrow and have a finite life - unwind the shareholder structure and retain the Melbourne home. That's it. Once mission si accomplished it's over to being a member controlled organisation.

Anyone that may be interested, please PM me and we can get the ball rolling. I don't see any of this as disruptive - no protests or other distractions to the finals charge but perhaps a chance to leverage off a little more interest in the NMFC.

The two most critical things we need todo is raise awareness and then influence public opinion.

All the other ideas in this thread flow on from that. Rallies, flyers, trust groups and political challenges can't happen unless people are aware of what the club faces and how they can help participate.

The best way to raise awareness is through a sticker campaign. This idea would entail us printing off hundreds of stickers and sticking them in locations frequented by large volumes of people.

On the stickers would be message like "KEEP NORTH IN MELBOURNE" with a website address underneath it.

On this website, we would detail the threat that the club faces and include a sticker template and instructions so other people can help join the fight. We could also include a small section detailing what the relocation of North would mean for other Melbourne footy fans.

I've had this idea for a while, but I haven't had the time to implement it yet, so I'm sharing it here. If you think about it, Flinders St Station deals with 150,000 people daily. If we were to put stickers around there...and only 1% read it...then that's 1500 people we're influencing. And if a further 1% of that join us, then that's another 15 people joining the sticker campaign daily.

After a few months, and after enough intrest is generated we could expand the operation to organising rallies and gaining back control of the club again.

The problem at the moment is that most North fans are oblivious to our current plight, and are oblivious to how bad a relocation would be. This whole plot is being orchestrated behind closed doors in secret. We need to alert them and garner there support. The most powerful tool we have in this war, is the power of the mob.

The two most critical things we need todo is raise awareness and then influence public opinion.

All the other ideas in this thread flow on from that. Rallies, flyers, trust groups and political challenges can’' happen unless people are aware of what the club faces and how they can help participate.

The best way to raise awareness is through a sticker campaign. This idea would entail us printing off hundreds of stickers and sticking them in locations frequented by large volumes of people.

On the stickers would be message like "KEEP NORTH IN MELBOURNE" with a website address underneath it.

On this website, we would detail the threat that the club faces and include a sticker template and instructions so other people can help join the fight. We could also include a small section detailing what the relocation of North would mean for other Melbourne footy fans.

I've had this idea for a while, but I haven't had the time to implement it yet, so I'm sharing it here. If you think about it, Flinders St Station deals with 150,000 people daily. If we were to put stickers around there...and only 1% read it...then that's 1500 people we're influencing. And if a further 1% of that join us, then that's another 15 people joining the sticker campaign daily.

After a few months, and after enough intrest is generated we could expand the operation to organising rallies and gaining back control of the club again.

The problem at the moment is that most North fans are oblivious to our current plight, and are oblivious to how bad a relocation would be. This whole plot is being orchestrated behind closed doors in secret. We need to alert them and garner there support. The most powerful tool we have in this war, is the power of the mob.

I like these viral ideas. I think a variety of methods to spread awareness are required, and without a Howard-esque marketing budget, I think stickers, emails, etc, etc, are the way to go

Officeworks sells blocks of 100 blank A4 stickers for around 20 odd dollars.

Cut the paper in half and that makes around 200 stickers.

Design a template, host it here, open up Word, and we can all start printing them straight off our printers.

We could start this weekend, there'll be a crowd of around 60,000-70,000. Put a few up around the walkway across from the tennis centre...and a few around Jolimont station and thousands would see it.

I'm an interstater but will fight to the death to ensure our club keeps it's soul.

Obviously I do have limitations in I can't get to games and wave banners etc, but anything else I can do I will. I will not let my club die on my watch.

I think Yianni's Facebook Idea is great. If he hasn't started a group already or doesn't want to, I'd be happy to.

i no another way to do it. We would need someone with a web space i think rooboy has one(would be great if we could use), we create our own forum but make it private, lock it and only allow people that we know to use it, i.e make it that you have to apply for a username. we either use rooboys or we chip in 5-10 bucks each and buy one.

Does PERKO still visit this site? Didn't Anthony Stevens nominate him for the board. We need someone of his calibre to grab this thing by the short and curleys and run with it.

Count me in.

I'm all for a website to raise awareness, but I don't see how a private forum on it is going to achieve anything

i'm open to the idea if you can explain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The stickers idea is great, but you're better off going somewhere like SNAP printing or the like, and getting a bulk batch done. Will be cheaper and a lot more time-effective.

Remove this Banner Ad

Caro, witch women, spell true

Remove this Banner Ad

Back