damuzzdu

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2007
Hotel California
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
This is going to cause hell of a storm in coming days...

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/pies-must-tackle-bad-behaviour-20121128-2aef8.html

IT IS true that Collingwood's chief executive Gary Pert genuinely believes that illegal drugs have infiltrated football clubs to a dangerous and damaging degree - a degree that the current AFL illicit drugs policy cannot hope to adequately address.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/pies-must-tackle-bad-behaviour-20121128-2aef8.html#ixzz2DWVFjQtb

Oh well, a journalist who gets caught out fabricating details of a story, more than once, should be sacked as well. Think Caro should have been in strife a few times.

Gee she is a miserable bitch. Does she ever actually write about football?

AFL players are subjected to some of the strictest drug testing and controls on their behaviour of any person in this country.

Swan has reported fit and healthy to pre season training so despite all the "heavy nights" and the "nasty fight" (being king hit in a club, but walking away instead of retaliating) he has acted professionally.

It's a disgrace that she holds the position she does when she continues to spout this rubbish.

This will tear the club apart! Dreadful timing. This is a hard-hitting article which puts into perspective Gary Pert's surprising public utterances last week. Carolyn Wilson seems convinced that Swan is the nucleus of a group of drug users and alcohol drinkers and that the players are divided. She thinks Collingwood should sack Swan! Grundy dropping through to us is now to be yesterday's news. There is nothing to be done other than to sit back and watch events play out.

Lots of players from every club in the league use drugs, especially overseas on their holidays.

I'm not naming names because i think they should be free to do what they want as long as they are turning up to training/games. Until journo's comply with the same stringent rules that they lay into AFL players about than this sort of stuff is garbage.

Source: I've worked in nightclubs in Melbourne over the last 5 years, been in cities overseas where i've partied with AFL players on holidays and also seen many Melbourne based journos getting stuck into things that they would want players sacked for.

Lots of players from every club in the league use drugs, especially overseas on their holidays. Swans included.

I'm not naming names because i think they should be free to do what they want as long as they are turning up to training/games. Until journo's comply with the same stringent rules that they lay into AFL players about than this sort of stuff is garbage.

Source: I've worked in nightclubs in Melbourne over the last 5 years, been in cities overseas where i've partied with AFL players on holidays and also seen many Melbourne based journos getting stuck into things that they would want players sacked for.

I know mate that's why I don't care nor do I want to create any drama here. Plenty of my mates do it and everyone can do what they like. It's funny how Caro singles out Swan, Fisher etc there's a certain bloke with shaggy hair from the bulldogs who she might want to target next.

Which is why Collingwood should seriously consider sacking Dane Swan...Even if Swan is telling the truth about drugs his cavalier behaviour has helped create a culture which is not healthy.

i'm not worries about the drugs; it's clear to me that the club as a whole needs to make a stand and put an end to this cavalierity.

A player is not in some sort of slave master relationship. Caroline Wilson is on a witch hunt against individuality when she calls for Swan's sacking, irrespective of whether he has done anything wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm no fan of Carro, but why do posters on Big Footy need to talk about her like this every time she writes an article that they disagree with?
Do you speak like that about all people you disagree with?
Personal attacks are a bit over the top but she is the lowest of the low gutter trash excuse for a reporter in the business.

I'm no fan of Caro and it's rather convenient that she is targetting Collingwood (again) - note how she specifically mentions $5m profit, most influential club etc etc. This could do some serious damage to sponsorship arrangements.

Yes there is mention of Sam Fisher but that's more of an afterthought, without any analysis of the St Kilda culture.

I think she's irrelevant but as other posters have mentioned, the drug thing is quite widespread. Honestly don't know what the solution is but good to see Perty taking the front foot on this. I hope that we try and help Swanny - would hate to see him turn into another Cousins in his post-footy life.

Unfortunately distractions like Caro don't help.

I expect the club to get behind the Swan Dog. In my opinion this article is nothing more than an attempt to destabilise the club. Swan likes to party but he is a good boy at heart. No one will remember this story in a couple of weeks.

Not that I am advocating the sacking of Swan or anything, but hypothetically if he were sacked it wouldnt be as big an issue as in the past. I say this because I think we as a financially strong club who is contention for a flag, can easily attract a quality ready made replacement through free agency. It really liberates a club like us IMO, and we could therefore perhaps take a harder line against players who don't buy into our culture, whether they are fringe players or stars.

Whether Swan does things or not, I think it is completely unfair of her to single him out.
This whole drug thing is a joke until the afl and the media stop tip toeing around Buddy.

Swan gets tested that often he couldn't possibly be on the drugs.

I'm not saying Swan is or isn't but Acid Trips, Pills, Coke and Speed are out of your system between 24 and 48 hrs, so you can dodge testers easier depending on what you take.

Also if Swan is found to be another Cousins I hope the club helps him break the habit not wipes their hands clean of him by sacking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Caroline Wilson article re Swan and bad behaviour

Remove this Banner Ad

Back