Caroline Wilson gets it WRONG again...

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by CJH:
For that matter, I don’t recall her being overly viscious to St.Kilda, Western Bulldogs, Sydney, Brisbane / Fitzroy, Geelong or Melbourne! After all, none of these teams have won a premiership in the last 20 years, so therefore are not as successful as Richmond!
tongue.gif

I didn't realise Richmond had won a Premiership in the last 20 years... which year was that again??? (if you want small icon... you can answer this...)

remember ?=please answer

Originally posted by Rooboy 96:
So you can't answer the question.... little icon...

Please try just for me... name one time Caroline wilson has given it to the least successful team of the last twenty years...

now that brings a smile to my face...

come-on little icon... please try to answer the question...
or should I take it by how vocal you suddenly are not... that she is the biassed bitch we all know she is... and you have seen the light???

I think Icon has gone back to hibernating in the Woodwork (that's with a capital W when talking about Richmond supporters). Don't expect too much from Icon until about 2008 (one finals appearance every 13 years, isn't it?)
smile.gif

I personally have never noticed any overt bias against the Kangaroos by Wilson,

CJH

That's the problem, she always never comes out and says it straight, she always seems to add little snide remarks here and there in articles and on radio.

Eg The cash strapped Kangaroos, the lowly supported Kangaroos, the sliding Kangaroos.

And I quote from 3aw a few nights ago - "the Kangaroos who only have just over 10,000 members re-signed at present" IS THIS GOOD OR BAD??

According to Wilson it's bad!!!

SO WHAT - the season hasn't started - give the membership numbers of every other club for some sort of comparison!!

Great balanced journalism Caro!!!

my 2 cents

Cheers

Gonzo

I didn't realise Richmond had won a Premiership in the last 20 years... which year was that again??? (if you want small icon... you can answer this...)

remember ?=please answer

OK RooBoy, since you asked nicely!

And yes I do stand corrected, this indeed does fall some 4 1/2 months outside of 20 years.

And since the number of premierships appears to be the quantifier for measuring success, does this make Richmond more succesful than the Kangaroos?

------------------
TigerFury.net - Independant Richmond Tigers website

[This message has been edited by CJH (edited 15 February 2001).]

Originally posted by Gonzo:
she always never comes out and says it straight, she always seems to add little snide remarks here and there in articles and on radio.

Having just read her new article on you guys(5th one this week? .... I think it's safe to call it a fetish now) on Realfooty, I see exactly what you guys mean. I don't know why she always chooses North. We're in the same position, if not worse... 5m in debt, only 6500 members till now (6000 down on this time last year), struggled to meet payments, and also took out an overdraft from the AFL.
WTF is her problem?

BTW- Having read another article there about Greg Miller considering giving it away at the end of the season,.... Obviously you guys would know his class/importance better than I would.... so get letters into the club pleading for him to stay!!

OK RooBoy, since you asked nicely!

And yes I do stand corrected, this indeed does fall some 4 1/2 months outside of 20 years.

And since the number of premierships appears to be the quantifier for measuring success, does this make Richmond more succesful than the Kangaroos?

Well it all comes down to if that old time stuff matters... like does it really matter if Collingwood have x amount of premierships... if you can only read about them in history books... at least they have 1990 to watch...
But CJH don't get me wrong if it is important to you... fair enough... but that really was not what I said.... was it... I was only talking about the last 20 years...

Daphne

IF you have the time read the article in the AGE today by Caroline Wilson.

She obviously likes the ROOS as she has written a few articles this year on your Club.

THE ICON

come-on little icon... please try to answer the question...
or should I take it by how vocal you suddenly are not... that she is the biassed bitch we all know she is... and you have seen the light???

oh little icon where are you... the question needs an answer...

Originally posted by Westy Boy:
Having just read her new article on you guys(5th one this week? .... I think it's safe to call it a fetish now) on Realfooty, I see exactly what you guys mean. I don't know why she always chooses North. We're in the same position, if not worse... 5m in debt, only 6500 members till now (6000 down on this time last year), struggled to meet payments, and also took out an overdraft from the AFL.
WTF is her problem?

BTW- Having read another article there about Greg Miller considering giving it away at the end of the season,.... Obviously you guys would know his class/importance better than I would.... so get letters into the club pleading for him to stay!!

Thanks for the support Westy... you know what they say "you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't"...

It will be like Waverley when we had arseh*le journalists reporting for 10 years how it had no future... blah blah blah... and then when it closes these same arseholes are the one asking why... anything for a story...

Well it all comes down to if that old time stuff matters... like does it really matter if Collingwood have x amount of premierships... if you can only read about them in history books... at least they have 1990 to watch...
But CJH don't get me wrong if it is important to you... fair enough... but that really was not what I said.... was it... I was only talking about the last 20 years...

Yes, Yes Rooboy, quite right! I don't ever want to be compared to Collingwood, still living in our past glories.

Of course, you are right, there is no future living in the past!

That is why I am truly more interested in the next 20 rather than the past 20 years!

------------------
TigerFury.net - Independant Richmond Tigers website

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caroline Wilson failed to use her investigative skills to explain why the Richmond medical staff did not detect that Justin Charles was administering steroids before the AFL did. I wonder why ??????

Happy New year one and all, finally back on the net. Thanks Ozemail (i want a reduction in my subscription for the free plug) the best ISP there is
smile.gif

Just on this subject, yes the internet queen is back, Wilson gets 90% of her stories from club forums. Rooboy I bet you were glad to see she'll be a couch regular, replacing Mike
smile.gif

Westy I think North are copping it 'cause it's the old "How the mighty have fallen" media salivation stuff. It's all through the reporting: "2 flags in 4 years and now this"

I can't see that it's the North supporters fault though. Christ they had 25000 last year. That would surely be the best per capita return of members for supporters? Not everyone can afford a membership in any case.

Careful what you type folks you could be tomorrows Headlione for Carro.

Cheers guys.

PS Fine first up effort from the lads yes
wink.gif

------------------
RED & BLACK BACK to BACK 2001!

Carlton approached us trying to sell us the shares in 1996 not the other way round... Caroline and Robert walls should never be allowed to have sex together... Imagine if she got pregnant... you would not worry about aborting... you would just shoot the mother... JUST TO BE SAFE...

Hate to say Rooboy 96 but we have been trying to buy these shares from Carlton.

Originally posted by Joey:
Hate to say Rooboy 96 but we have been trying to buy these shares from Carlton.

Sorry Joey but the story I have is Carlton want some money back for their investment and have been meeting with North for several years... Joey Don't believe everything you read in the papers... in fact believe the opposite...

Remove this Banner Ad

Caroline Wilson gets it WRONG again...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back