CAS decision Tuesday AM. Countdown on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. The duping angle is obviously teased out with him - that is were the players equally responsible in keeping him in the dark or were they all duped.
You never know, however its smart getting him up for other reasons. They wouod be able to smell if his lying. They most likely asked about their injuries, what did he think it was etc

Still can't beleve AFL tribunal didnt call any witnesses. Seems like CAS actuaoky wanted to know what happened, even if it wasnt TB4

No it's Swiss Monday I tell you!

Read the thread title...:p:p:p
Well, its going to be an interesting day. We can all say that its 50/50, but nobody has any idea of any of the evidence. We only know a small chunk of it all.

I'll get an early sleep on Monday night and get up early to find out the result :p

That is interesting that Doc Reid got called up.
Interesting, but you would expect him too. We think its unusual because the AFL Tribunal didn't call him up.

CAS must of been laughing at AFL Tribunal from day one, they didn't attempt to:
  1. Find out what was administered
  2. What actually happened
  3. Interview players
  4. Interview the club doctor
and that's all we know so far, could be more. You could assume CAS tried to call Dank etc up, but they refused. Remember, they are not working for WADA, AFL or Essendon. They just want to know what happened

Interesting, but you would expect him too. We think its unusual because the AFL Tribunal didn't call him up.

3. Interview players
and that's all we know so far, could be more. You could assume CAS tried to call Dank etc up, but they refused. Remember, they are not working for WADA, AFL or Essendon. They just want to know what happened

Or laughing at ASADA.

Or both.

Or even at WADA, ASADA, 34 Players, AFL, AFL Tribunal, Kim Jong

A tribunal is only going to judge on what evidence is presented to them. ASADA.

3. Interview players

Making a fairly big assumption there that CAS actually looking for what was administered and what happened. I doubt that the be able to examine that as the be relying on the written submissions of both parties. Unless the players defence team actually changed tatics and went with an alternative substance theory I can't see how they could examine this. IMO CAS would also think they be hesitant at looking at taking a big picture look at what happened during the players case as Dank is accused of administering a number of substances beyond TB4 and has some charges subject to appeal at CAS.

Making a fairly big assumption there that CAS actually looking for what was administered and what happened. I doubt that the be able to examine that as the be relying on the written submissions of both parties. Unless the players defence team actually changed tatics and went with an alternative substance theory I can't see how they could examine this. IMO CAS would also think they be hesitant at looking at taking a big picture look at what happened during the players case as Dank is accused of administering a number of substances beyond TB4 and has some charges subject to appeal at CAS.
More likely discussing his letter of concerns to Hird (and maybe why he didn't follow up on it) and whether any players listed the drugs they took during previous twelve months on the register he has to submit at the beginning of every year. (Along the lines of them failing to mention these substances to ASADA testers)

You never know, however its smart getting him up for other reasons. They wouod be able to smell if his lying. They most likely asked about their injuries, what did he think it was etc

Still can't beleve AFL tribunal didnt call any witnesses. Seems like CAS actuaoky wanted to know what happened, even if it wasnt TB4
The AFL and Essendon alike have shown immense lack of curiosity and interest in what went on. Or is it they know, and prefer we remain in the dark? Like fungi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well what happened yes, because that's what makes the case.

What was administered? Perhaps for TB4, Thymomodulin because that's what makes the case.

What is happening with Danks appeal?

The players can also present evidence. It also seemed like WADA presented more evidence and witnesses (another expert for TB4)

I'm sure all the players transcripts are part of the evidence etc.

More likely discussing his letter of concerns to Hird (and maybe why he didn't follow up on it) and whether any players listed the drugs they took during previous twelve months on the register he has to submit at the beginning of every year. (Along the lines of them failing to mention these substances to ASADA testers)

Was also thinking about the workcover stuff, that he got shut out and substances administered not run past him.

ASADA could only present evidence in accordance with AFL Tribunal Rules. This is why certain matters were not presented and/or accepted by the Panel Members. In fact, wasn't it the case that they didn't even consider certain elements because they weren't satisfied of point 1, so they didn't proceed past that point? It seems to me the CAS panel has taken everything they needed from both sides, then added their own questions to the mix. Far more thorough I would think.

The players can also present evidence. It also seemed like WADA presented more evidence and witnesses (another expert for TB4)

How do you know though? It was a closed case, and there have been a few leaks hardly and real way of knowing what went on, depending on who leaked?

Well what happened yes, because that's what makes the case.

What was administered? Perhaps for TB4, Thymomodulin because that's what makes the case.

What is happening with Danks appeal?

For TB4, but not if not guilty...

If the players defence is the same, ie we don't know, they don't need to examine what substance was administered instead, just was it TB4 yes or no.

Delayed again last I heard, he's poor and can't afford it.. HS sponsors EFC and may also be sponsoring Danks appeal against the AFL after that payout...

Was also thinking about the workcover stuff, that he got shut out and substances administered not run past him.
Yep. But also hope they asked if he asked players throughout the season whether they'd been getting more injections from Dank (after he believed it had stopped) because it's fairly clear they didn't offer that information to him.

It'll be a trilogy. That's when Brendan Goddard will take over, George Lucas style. See you at the midnight screening?
You are backing the wrong horse here...Tarrantino just bought the rights to Bomber S. Thompson's yet to be completed 'Fear and loathing in Tullamarine'. He's lined up Samuel L. Jackson to play Bomber, Uma Thurman to play James, and Rick Moranis to play Demetriou. Will make Ben Hur look like an epic. Buy shares in fake blood.

Last edited:

Personally suspect both Reid and the players were there mainly for supporting no significant fault. Not so much to give evidence about what was provided.

Does not mean they were not asked about what they were given, just don't think it's the main reason they were there.

You are backing the wrong horse here...Tarrantino just bought the rights to Bomber S. Thompson's yet to be completed 'Fear and loathing in Tullamarine'. He's lined up Samuel L. Johnson to play Bomber, Uma Thurman to play James, and Rick Moranis to play Demetriou. Will make Ben Hur look like an epic. Buy shares in fake blood.

I'm seeing the latest in 70mm on Thursday :)

Would you consider a Fogdog?

Many pies and cream buns may need to be consumed to get too the appropriate neck weight and fatness though.

Toothpicks propping open the eyelids fro 2-3 days will give you the vacant startled look.

View attachment 205502
I dunno ... the matchsticks strategy will work, true, but after 2 days of prep to get the eyes right, I don't think I'll have enough concentration left to get the mouth expression right. Hiding a finger or two might be easier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back