No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until the HS article this morning re Gil/Little talks about possible deals, I believed that it was very likely that things would go as follows -
1. Middleton rules aspects of ASADA investigation were illegal, rules material gained from player interviews were illegally obtained and should not be used, SCNs should be withdrawn, ASADA free to recollect evidence "lost" from these rulings.
2. SCN's reissued, ADVRP ratifies "possibility" of breaches of code, cases proceed to AFL tribunal.
3. ASADA evidence pathetically weak, AFL tribunal sympathetic to players, AFL desperately wants players to be exonnerated to preserve its competition, players found not guilty.

I was about 60%-70% confident that something like this would be the outcome.

However......
I am pretty concerned that Gil would have been floating the ideal of 6mth "voluntary" suspensions as a "prepayment" of possible suspensions.
He would have a good knowledge of the evidence that ASADA has, and how weak or strong it is.
He would have been, I believe, hoping for no suspensions as the AFL preferred outcome, and if this were likely, based on his knowledge of the strength or otherwise of the case, he would not have felt the need for the "voluntary" 6mths suspensions in the off season.
The fact that he wanted EFC to consider it is, in my reading of the tea leaves, a very bad sign.

Hope I am wrong.

I guess there is the other possibility that he is motivated by the need to not have a hearing at which the evidence is aired and found to be so weak that the sanctions the AFL imposed last August are shown to be unjust.

Until the HS article this morning re Gil/Little talks about possible deals, I believed that it was very likely that things would go as follows -
1. Middleton rules aspects of ASADA investigation were illegal, rules material gained from player interviews were illegally obtained and should not be used, SCNs should be withdrawn, ASADA free to recollect evidence "lost" from these rulings.
2. SCN's reissued, ADVRP ratifies "possibility" of breaches of code, cases proceed to AFL tribunal.
3. ASADA evidence pathetically weak, AFL tribunal sympathetic to players, AFL desperately wants players to be exonnerated to preserve its competition, players found not guilty.

However......
I am pretty concerned that Gil would have been floating the ideal of 6mth "voluntary" suspensions as a "prepayment" of possible suspensions.
He would have a good knowledge of the evidence that ASADA has, and how weak or strong it is.
He would have been, I believe, hoping for no suspensions as the AFL preferred outcome, and if this were likely, based on his knowledge of the strength or otherwise of the case, he would not have felt the need for the "voluntary" 6mths suspensions in the off season.
The fact that he wanted EFC to consider it is, in my reading of the tea leaves, a very bad sign.

Hope I am wrong.

I guess there is the other possibility that he is motivated by the need to not have a hearing at which the evidence is aired and found to be so weak that the sanctions the AFL imposed last August are shown to be unjust.
I read it the other way. Everyone jumped up and down about drugs and bikies and matchfixing and shit 18 months ago in a political stunt because the Labor govt was rooted. Our players copping to something means they've got to give out a punishment, ASADA hi-5, AFL get to look like they've not massively farked up, the media still get to call our players drug cheats and then hopefully everyone forgets about it and they can put a little byline somewhere in 12 months time that says we're happy with the time served.

However......

Hope I am wrong.

Gil is up to his eyeballs in this shit. He wants us to burn.

No. That is
I struggle with this bit, which IMO detracts from the credibility of the article:

My best guess is that the 'very likely' bit was included in error.
No. This is a true statement. I think the operative word is "Could".......I very likely could win OzLotto tonight......grammatically correct but totally misleading.

I did not know of one Hawthorn supporter prior to 2008.

They are bandwagoners of the highest order
Well from a recent attendance stat (or member stat, can't remember which), they still sound like bandwagoners, only showing up for big games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gill also hands EFC a finals wildcard to be used in any season the club misses finals and opts to use the wildcard. Opposition teams put on notice that 8th could be mean 9th as EFC have a wildcard. All these teams were happy for 9th to become 8th with no good reason so why not the reverse?

Just for lols can we use it on Richmond when they finish 8th?

I agree that this could see a pressure valve released around the club. There has been so much speculation and drama this year. Time for the boys to feel comfortable knowing that the sky isn't falling.. that Hird is back and will coach.. and Bomber will most likely still be around in some capacity.. that there is no further action that can be taken until the post-season.. they are in the finals..

I expect to see some of our best footy over the next 2-3 weeks. Time for the boys to switch on and show their true colours.

It's gone on for this long so far! Give 'em nothing and see out the process. Let's get the TRUE result. I'm backing EFC in!

Rain, hail or shine, we've stuck to our guns. See it out and let's see what unfolds! We are in control of our destiny. ASADA or the AFL are 'playing' for a favorable result. Let it run out. Then we might get close to a satisfactory result.

This one's for that campaigning campaigner Brett Clothier who added evidence 2 years after the fact to line up his ducks.

You campaigner. How do you still ha a job
I do think it's a great shame that we didn't hear from him at the court case...

Showed the Sam Lane article to a few people at work today. Ideal response..."So what's been going on!?" "The AFL have got some answering to do!" Nice. It felt pretty good to have them move their opinions!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back