No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked it up to here...but I can be a bit of a bastard.

Your points covered a lot of bases, but it also buried a few as well.

Even though this is our club in turmoil and we'd all like this over and done with, I really want to know the truth. The requests that you ask for will satisfy 85% of the footy public who will either still think that we're guilty, have thought this has gone on too long, has sympathy for the players, has sympathy for the other clubs... you get where I'm coming from.

I really want to know the truth in all of this, where I think this ASADA cheap deals at the 11th hour are designed to mask the truth. If the case is settled before Middleton rules (in either's favour) that's it. End of story. Journos can dig and report what they choose - even more than now; as they won't ever be wrong. Ever. We as a supporter group will have to listen to Caro bang on about her Wakley, with no proof. We'll listen to Ox, Finey, KB, Fitzpatrick, Wilson and the rest with all the anger in the world, but with no recall. What they say will be fact. Call back radio nuffies like Mick from Dandenong and Peter from Preston will have their say and they'll be right.

I, for one, am one supporter who wants a result. I'm even resigned to the good or bad finish to all of this from Middleton, as it forces the next stage to proceed. ASADA can go their way if they win, but if we win - I want to see purjury cases, I want royal commissions and I want the AFL ripped from the inside out. I do want draft picks back and I want $2M. But all in all, I want the truth. I want to know if the AFL is a corrupt organisation. I want to know why the government of the day sought the plight of a sporting team to hide their inadequacies, I want to know why ASADA allowed influence of a local sporting body to totally destroy any ounce of credibility it had in being the expert in the field of drug taking in sport and why it was in their interests to see out as low as they did.

The current state we are at leaves too many unanswered questions by a government funded department with tax payers dollars, a major party of the Australian political landscape and the prevalent sporting body in the land. I'd love to, but I can't even say that we have a 50/50 chance with Middleton's finding, as I'm wondering where the next influence is coming from. is it the Liberals, the AFL, ASADA?? If three groups can manufacture the result of an investigation, dupe the public with mis-truths and perception, have media leak for one side to attempt to legitimize direction - our fate might already be sealed.

No AFL supporter should want this - let alone a single Essendon one.

Quoted for magnificence. If I could like more than once I would.

I liked it up to here...but I can be a bit of a bastard.

Your points covered a lot of bases, but it also buried a few as well.

Even though this is our club in turmoil and we'd all like this over and done with, I really want to know the truth. The requests that you ask for will satisfy 85% of the footy public who will either still think that we're guilty, have thought this has gone on too long, has sympathy for the players, has sympathy for the other clubs... you get where I'm coming from.

I really want to know the truth in all of this, where I think this ASADA cheap deals at the 11th hour are designed to mask the truth. If the case is settled before Middleton rules (in either's favour) that's it. End of story. Journos can dig and report what they choose - even more than now; as they won't ever be wrong. Ever. We as a supporter group will have to listen to Caro bang on about her Wakley, with no proof. We'll listen to Ox, Finey, KB, Fitzpatrick, Wilson and the rest with all the anger in the world, but with no recall. What they say will be fact. Call back radio nuffies like Mick from Dandenong and Peter from Preston will have their say and they'll be right.

I, for one, am one supporter who wants a result. I'm even resigned to the good or bad finish to all of this from Middleton, as it forces the next stage to proceed. ASADA can go their way if they win, but if we win - I want to see purjury cases, I want royal commissions and I want the AFL ripped from the inside out. I do want draft picks back and I want $2M. But all in all, I want the truth. I want to know if the AFL is a corrupt organisation. I want to know why the government of the day sought the plight of a sporting team to hide their inadequacies, I want to know why ASADA allowed influence of a local sporting body to totally destroy any ounce of credibility it had in being the expert in the field of drug taking in sport and why it was in their interests to see out as low as they did.

The current state we are at leaves too many unanswered questions by a government funded department with tax payers dollars, a major party of the Australian political landscape and the prevalent sporting body in the land. I'd love to, but I can't even say that we have a 50/50 chance with Middleton's finding, as I'm wondering where the next influence is coming from. is it the Liberals, the AFL, ASADA?? If three groups can manufacture the result of an investigation, dupe the public with mis-truths and perception, have media leak for one side to attempt to legitimize direction - our fate might already be sealed.

No AFL supporter should want this - let alone a single Essendon one.

Here farking here!! I'm thinking winning the case is not ideal. We want the truth and we either cop it or serious questions asked. I don't want this to simply "go away".

Last edited:
Here farking here!! I'm thinking winning the case is not ideal. We want the truth and we either cop it or serious quaestions asked. I don't want this to simply "go away".

I am sorry. But, I call bullshit.

According to the HTB we're all deluded cultists that couldn't give a shit about anyone but Hird. As long as he gets off, then the rest is all collateral.

While 84859300 is absolutely right, I suspect reality will see us drop any lawsuits in the event of SC notices being dropped and not re-issued.

The club will want to move on. The sad thing is, it will leave many of the dirty machinations behind the scenes covered up.

While 84859300 is absolutely right, I suspect reality will see us drop any lawsuits in the event of SC notices being dropped and not re-issued.

The club will want to move on. The sad thing is, it will leave many of the dirty machinations behind the scenes covered up.

Mud sticks and you have to do all you can to wash it off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe drop an iceberg on him
images

I think it should have been fairly obvious ASADA tried this around the time of their media blitz. Another nice little gem from SALADA:

The offer, which did not involve the AFL nor Essendon, was rejected after ASADA refused to provide details of its evidence against the players.

Correct me If I'm wrong, but didn't the lead investigator say they had evidence from support staff which led ASADA to believe the players/club had knowledge. Then McDevitt comes out and says they have evidence but the players were duped. Somebody is a lying piece of shit. At every turn ASADA have told mistruths, there is absolutely no reason for anyone to believe them when they say they will deal.

What was missing finals last year about.. if not a 'voluntary suspension?'...

As previous poster said.. how many finals campaigns do we have to miss before people will be satisfied.. ffs.. the player have already had two years basically stripped from them without ANY evidence being provided..

Penalty should be backdated until Feb of last year.. and it is all done and dusted now. Time for everyone to eat humble pie and move on.

We got invoiced for 26 vials of Thymomodulin (or TB4, i can't remember which), but that invoice was then credited back to the club. Now i'm no fancy businessman, but for one, businesses don't just go around giving away 10k worth of gear, do they?

Secondly, 26 vials is hardly what you'd call a 'club wide, systematic regime' is it, i'm informed at most it's enough to facilitate 6 players for a monthish. 26 doesn't go into 34, does it?

I'm no lawyer, but the evidence just doesn't stack up, it's not even a 'possible' anti doping infringement...it's a crackpot theory that smacks of desperation.

No deals, no out of season sanctions. Full steam ahead. We're the ones holding the war hammer this time

What was missing finals last year about.. if not a 'voluntary suspension?'...

As previous poster said.. how many finals campaigns do we have to miss before people will be satisfied.. ffs.. the player have already had two years basically stripped from them without ANY evidence being provided..

Penalty should be backdated until Feb of last year.. and it is all done and dusted now. Time for everyone to eat humble pie and move on.
Agree with your post, but still I'd want total exoneration, and ASADA to put up - or shut up. Show the football world what you have/had to pin your case on, so we can all see the validity of your evidence, let us be the "pub test" judges.

But for a novel change, please make it legitimate, and not some coerced narrative that makes you a "player" in the spotlight, jerked by puppet-masters that worked out PR and manipulation of the media long before you played a role in team sports in Australia. Make it be without fear, nor favour - just the cold, hard facts.

Let us decide if those facts are a realistic reflection of the penalties already imposed, and the proposed bans you hoped to sneak through - without public scrutiny.

Give us the opportunity to assess your validity as a model litigant, and the "guardians" of our NAD laws. Otherwise, **** off. Gimps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back