No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
James Hird is a big part of this portrayal of champions. Best players, some with baggage. Where was Cous?

I've been making the first point repeatedly. However it's worth pointing out that WADA won't be reviewing it, nor other NADAs, for the simple reason that the SCN stage is unique to Australia, and is a byproduct of the ASADA act rather than any overarching global anti-doping principle. It will in all likelihood be scrapped very shortly as it is, as we've spoken about, utterly useless.

The only issue I have is that NADAs can recommend an infraction and sporting bodies uphold a provisionary suspension, and threaten years of legal fighting whilst suspended. That is awfully unfair. I think the provisional suspension needs to go too in the absence of an AAF. If there's an AAF fine, you probably doped, but in circumstantial cases it is outrageous that you are presumed guilty until the verdict is handed down

As always mate, you are exactly right. As an outsider looking in, your posts are always excellent.

As an aside, the last few days on this thread have been a bit heated but I think in general all of you guys and girls should be pretty proud of how you have conducted yourselves during some pretty robust discussion about such an emotive issue over a very long period of time. I think I have read most of this thread and I think that despite the spectrum of views that you would expect from any diverse and inclusive group of people, the discussion, although heated at times, has always focused on the point and not the person delivering it. I think your board is lucky to have such engaged and fair moderators but obviously it is those who post that really create the environment and you all have been excellent. Who ever would have have thought that a bunch of Essendon supporters, with a keyboard and a mouse, could create such a supportive and embracing community. Obviously none of you guys ever go to the football because all the Essendon supporters I ever see at the footy are a bunch of......:)

As always mate, you are exactly right. As an outsider looking in, your posts are always excellent.

As an aside, the last few days on this thread have been a bit heated but I think in general all of you guys and girls should be pretty proud of how you have conducted yourselves during some pretty robust discussion about such an emotive issue over a very long period of time. I think I have read most of this thread and I think that despite the spectrum of views that you would expect from any diverse and inclusive group of people, the discussion, although heated at times, has always focused on the point and not the person delivering it. I think your board is lucky to have such engaged and fair moderators but obviously it is those who post that really create the environment and you all have been excellent. Who ever would have have thought that a bunch of Essendon supporters, with a keyboard and a mouse, could create such a supportive and embracing community. Obviously none of you guys ever go to the football because all the Essendon supporters I ever see at the footy are a bunch of......
Nah...F... Off carlton.

As an aside, the last few days on this thread have been a bit heated but I think in general all of you guys and girls should be pretty proud of how you have conducted yourselves during some pretty robust discussion about such an emotive issue over a very long period of time. I think I have read most of this thread and I think that despite the spectrum of views that you would expect from any diverse and inclusive group of people, the discussion, although heated at times, has always focused on the point and not the person delivering it. I think your board is lucky to have such engaged and fair moderators but obviously it is those who post that really create the environment and you all have been excellent. Who ever would have have thought that a bunch of Essendon supporters, with a keyboard and a mouse, could create such a supportive and embracing community. Obviously none of you guys ever go to the football because all the Essendon supporters I ever see at the footy are a bunch of......:)
ANd we have a Carlton supporter who has been largely supportive of the discussion too.

TB4 was classified under S2 either just before Tour de France 2011 or around September/October 2011 when the revised WADA 2012 code was published. It occurred before Dank and Robinson's SMS messages regarding Thymosin - they were mistakenly under the impression it was non prohibited at the time.

Not sure about this.
My recollection (can't find the article) is that those messages between Dank and Robinson were discussing their proposed program for 2012 (not even clear it was EFC since they were not employed by EFC at that point, but probably irrelevant to the issue), and were specifically talking about the WADA banned list update for 2012 which had just been published, and that they specifically mentioned that TB4 was not on the list.
I could be mixing up two articles, but that is my recollection.

Not sure about this.
My recollection (can't find the article) is that those messages between Dank and Robinson were discussing their proposed program for 2012 (not even clear it was EFC since they were not employed by EFC at that point, but probably irrelevant to the issue), and were specifically talking about the WADA banned list update for 2012 which had just been published, and that they specifically mentioned that TB4 was not on the list.
Yes, the timing is key. The time the texts are alleged to have occurred are before Essendon employed them aka the G AFL C Suns. But this point gets overlooked to sink big bad old Essendon. It's not like the AFL are heavily invested in the Suns and want to deflect attention away from their oops GC's players being subjected to a madman who dopes players (that last bit was made up as there is no proof he has done any of that by why let facts get in the way of a good story)

I often venture outside of the haven of the EFC board and consider myself to be "fair game" if I post on other forums.

Many souls in this thread post here because they feel they will recieve a sympathetic / empathetic hearing, and not be subjected to the "haters". Several have expressed their discomfort with the HTB, and voluntarily avoid even reading the vitriol posted elsewehere.

I don't profess to know BF etiquette, but I believe it is a cruel betrayal of your team's supporter base to throw posted hand grenades, then scurry off to "Let's ridicule EFC" boards with their direct replies to your posts - for the gratification of your "lurking likers" here, and your wider audience of acolytes on the main board.

As these opinionated tools managed to open and contribute to their threads without your intervention prior, I can only surmise you crave their affection more than the solidarity of the team you support.

Any attention is better than no attention, I suppose. Sad individual.

Not sure about this.

I don't recall the specific texts either, but what I do remember (as it was quite a troubling revalation) is that it looked as though their assumption regarding TB4 was incorrect. TB4 was definitely prohibited under S2 in 2012.

I don't buy into the old 'they must have been talking about GC' theory. Again I don't recall exactly when (I'm a bit over researching this stuff) but I think EFC had been courting Dank since around August 2011.

No, there is still the great question of the illegal investigation, but if it was illegal it fell on the AFL and the AFL alone.

Asada is more than able to ask the AFL for information. Middleton makes sense and more I think about it, and we brought action against the wrong party.

It was illegal to jointly investigate and release confidential information. Rubbish decision with pressure from top office.

I often venture outside of the haven of the EFC board and consider myself to be "fair game" if I post on other forums.

Many souls in this thread post here because they feel they will recieve a sympathetic / empathetic hearing, and not be subjected to the "haters". Several have expressed their discomfort with the HTB, and voluntarily avoid even reading the vitriol posted elsewehere.

I don't profess to know BF etiquette, but I believe it is a cruel betrayal of your team's supporter base to throw posted hand grenades, then scurry off to "Let's ridicule EFC" boards with their direct replies to your posts - for the gratification of your "lurking likers" here, and your wider audience of acolytes on the main board.

As these opinionated tools managed to open and contribute to their threads without your intervention prior, I can only surmise you crave their affection more than the solidarity of the team you support.

Any attention is better than no attention, I suppose. Sad individual.

Sorry, is this post directed at me? If it is, I can assure you that I am not posting "hand-grenades" elsewhere.

What do you want him to do? Seriously.. he has stated on more than one occassion that he didn't give the players TB4. He has stated on multiple occassions the program was safe, legal and appropriate. He has answered questions put to him by the ACCC. He has agreed to respond to the SCN but ASADA haven't proceeded. ASADA haven't asked him for an interview. Ziggy didn't ask him for an interview.

I am dead serious.. what do you want him to do? He has the same 'evidence' as the club.. the spreadsheets, invoices and his understanding of what was given to the players.

I'm not defending the guy.. he put this club in the shit because he was scamming medicare etc etc and we got caught up in it.. but seriously he has stated time and time again that nothing banned was given.. he has stated time and time again that he will defend any action against him.. but ASADA have REFUSED to even question him.. let alone prosecute him.. so what can he do???

Your wife is dead, the media speculate you killed her, you state you didn't kill her, the police indicate that you are a 'person of interest', you declare you are innocent, the Police never question you, the Police never charge you... you keep insistenting during every public forum that you are innocent and will prove that in court if required.. what the hell else are you meant to do????

Dank can't take himself to court on doping charges.. he really can't..

There are quite a lot of things he could say or produce that would refute ASADA's case.
1. He claims he gave the players thymomodulin - he could tell us where he obtained it from, produce orders or invoices, which ASADA claim don't exist.
2. He could explain the context of the various texts and emails that were quoted in the charge sheet. For example, was he ordering TB4 from Charter, and if not for EFC, who was it for? He could explain when he became aware that TB4 was illegal.

He won't do these things presumably because he is not "squeaky clean" and to submit himself to questioning could expose him to questions he wouldn't want to answer. It could be invoice fraud, it could be lots of things.

I don't want him to be on any witness stand in any forum. I think he could do us more harm than good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. He claims he gave the players thymomodulin - he could tell us where he obtained it from, produce orders or invoices, which ASADA claim don't exist.

But a bottle of it was found on site (EFC), wasnt it?

Also - has their been an official reason given by whoever refunded the TB4 invoice as to why they did?

It's not his residence, another property (yes, I know).

But poor jimmy has had to liquidate some assets to fund his court action. I can't see how Dank would be able to do the same.
ok, I was going to say, it would have been a lie, mum and dad clean next door to Hirdy, he's still there. Good chance they might be cleaning his place also, that would be good for me :)

Sorry, is this post directed at me? If it is, I can assure you that I am not posting "hand-grenades" elsewhere.
Certainly not aimed at you. It is aimed at an EFC supporter whose recent posts here have riled others. I'm convinced the poster is starved of affection and is seeking it in "enemy" territory.

As a rational poster here, you sir, are most welcome to contribute and "like" to your hearts content. (**** carlton) :)

Mate, Harry was always a Carlton man. He was just misunderstood.
Walked past him the other day. He's a tall unit. Pity Simon was just a bit better. ;)

Anyway, all, let's move on. Don't need to dwell on bygones and what's said elsewhere.

Doss, moving is a good thing for the people who have done this every day for however long. No time for 'colour stories'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back