No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show-cause notices on hold until appeal period expires
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-24/showcause-notices-on-hold

THE SHOW-CAUSE notices against 34 past and present Essendon players will remain on hold until the club decides whether it will appealFriday's Federal Court ruling.

Bombers board members were due to hold talks on Wednesday night to discuss the club's next move after being left stunned by the ruling.

The Australian Sports Anti-Doping agency has indicated it will issue amended show-cause notices if the appeal period expires, and it will include a comprehensive summary of evidence.

"The 'show-cause' notice process for the 34 former and current Essendon Football Club players will remain on hold while the Federal Court appeal period is in place," an ASADA spokesperson told AFL.com.au.

"What we do next will be determined once the appeal period expires or an appeal is lodged."

"In the event the appeal period expires and no appeal is lodged, it is the intention of ASADA CEO Ben McDevitt to provide the players with amended 'show-cause' notices.

"The amended notices will set a new date for the lodgment of submissions and include a comprehensive summary of the evidence in support of the case against the players.

ASADA also indicated it could be willing to strike a deal with the players.

"Should players and their lawyers want to engage with ASADA following a review of the amended notices, we are open to that prospect as we are with any athlete facing a possible doping violation," the spokesperson said.

"At the moment we are working through our processes to ensure all requirements of the World Anti-Doping Code and Australian legislation are complied with."

So far, through the AFL Players Association, Bombers players have indicated they won't entertain a deal with the anti-doping authority.

Go_Blues! I appreciate that you take the time to discuss this. These have been trying times and you have always been respectful.
We have been lucky that you and a few other non Bombers have come on here. Unfortunately for every good poster there has been a dozen trolls.
So thanks

There are quite a lot of things he could say or produce that would refute ASADA's case.
1. He claims he gave the players thymomodulin - he could tell us where he obtained it from, produce orders or invoices, which ASADA claim don't exist.
2. He could explain the context of the various texts and emails that were quoted in the charge sheet. For example, was he ordering TB4 from Charter, and if not for EFC, who was it for? He could explain when he became aware that TB4 was illegal.

He won't do these things presumably because he is not "squeaky clean" and to submit himself to questioning could expose him to questions he wouldn't want to answer. It could be invoice fraud, it could be lots of things.

I don't want him to be on any witness stand in any forum. I think he could do us more harm than good.
So where do you want him to produce this evidence.. on a TV show? Send it to the AFL?

Exactly where should he 'present' his case to? Who has asked him to formally present his case? What is he charged with? What are the players charged with (ie what dates, what amounts, what substances)??

Right now there are players who have a notice to 'show cause' for a substance they 'may' have been given in a 'six month window' over two years ago.. I means seriously.. that is how vague the ASADA 'case' is right now..

What exactly is Dank meant to do? Run a court case through the media? Post on BF?

As I said, I hope they don't appeal. We got EVERYTHING we wanted out of this action, bar the 'magic' result.

We got evidence packet. We are now dealing with SCN's in the off-season rather than July of this year.

Right now we should be defending the SCN's and demanding (as they are entitled) an ADRVP be called sooner rather than later to establish if ASADA have a case. If they do then we start appeal number 1 before IN's are issued.

None of the action taken by the club or Hird in this court case had ANY relation to determine the guilt or INNOCENCE of the players.. it was ONLY FOCUSSED on the legality or 'lawfulness' of the investigation process. Middleton himself had to point out that had the AFL been a party, then maybe the result could have been different because it appears our major beef is actually with how the AFL handled it...

Can we appeal and have the AFL added as a party given they ultimately hand down anti doping penalties following SCs?

Interesting to see Beams want out of Collingwood.

I guess there are other reasons to leave a club than the drugs saga... cough... Ryder... cough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I said is that leaving a day after what will be etched into our memories as a pretty ****ty day for the club is, in my opinion, not the best timing. I've said all I wanted to say so I'll leave it at that if that's okay with you.

But if he stayed around and faced media attention he's a distraction and making it all about him though isn't he?

Interesting to see Beams want out of Collingwood.

I guess there are other reasons to leave a club than the drugs saga... cough... Ryder... cough.
Oh shut up.. really??

Nah.. Beams is leaving Collingwood because he has 'saga fatigue' from just being in the same city as Essendon... same reason why all the fans stay away and ratings are down.. didn't you know?

I have it on good authority that Essendon is 50% responsible for Beams wanting to leave Collingwood...

Oh shut up.. really??

Nah.. Beams is leaving Collingwood because he has 'saga fatigue' from just being in the same city as Essendon... same reason why all the fans stay away and ratings are down.. didn't you know?

I have it on good authority that Essendon is 50% responsible for Beams wanting to leave Collingwood...
Beams manager....Paul Connors...

Beams manager....Paul Connors...
LOL... ahhh its all gravy..

So Ryder was used as the bait... wasn't that floated by someone around here a couple of days ago? Anyway seems like that is what happened.. Connors just sniffing around after Brisbane made the big statement "we have cash to splash"

Offer our second round pick because they have no leverage.
That is a mighty generous offer you make.. it's good to know we, as Essendon supporters, aren't going to kick a club whilst it is down..

Pies fans should be happy we are being generous.. should just let him walk out of his contract and pick him up DFA..

Good Riddance.

So far you have threatened to withhold you membership for lots of things.. seriously starting to sound like a Tigers supporter mate..

I also hope they don't appeal.. but nothing will stop me supporting my club. Nothing.

The way the club is blowing money away, I hope the club doesn't have the same view of pissing away High Mark members.

I'd love some quotes too of me threatening to withold my membership.

The way the club is blowing money away, I hope the club doesn't have the same view of pissing away High Mark members.

There is a waiting list for HM.. you should know this.. your seat would be filled in fractions of milliseconds..

Shame cause you won't get your chance to purchase a GF ticket for 2015 and watch live as our boys bring home #17!!

Choices you make I guess...

There is a waiting list for HM.. you should know this.. your seat would be filled in fractions of milliseconds..

Shame cause you won't get your chance to purchase a GF ticket for 2015 and watch live as our boys bring home #17!!

Choices you make I guess...

I didn't realise those who were/are waiting for High Mark don't have a membership at all.

I did find this:

Nope, I think the club would be best to sever the contract, but I'm not going to go cancel my membership or write angry letters about it.

Reading through page 420 of this thread is like reading the past 10 pages. Amazing how we've gone nowhere in a season.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...tly-essendon-supporters-only.1029763/page-420

Just the same things repeated by the same people over and over and over and over and over

I didn't realise those who were/are waiting for High Mark don't have a membership at all.
Well considering we had more members this year than ever before.. I'm guessing there are heaps of proud, passionate and excited supporters out there ready to pack out Etihad..

Even a blind person can see that our team is going to be knocking on the door to top 4 next year.. if not GF level.. what an exciting time (FINALLY!) to be a Bombers member!!

I wouldn't give up my ticket for anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back