No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well considering we're down a million already even though the same top legal advice said we'll shit in maybe not listening to lawyer looking for another big pay day is a smart thing to do.
I don't think lawyers of the calibre that the club and hird hired are going to BS the club just to earn a buck.

McDevitt stated on 'Offsiders', ABC. Broadcast: 24/08/2014 Reporter: Gerard Whateley

“We've continued the work simultaneously in relation to the Cronulla matters. They weren't set aside, we've been working on them both continuously but it took longer”.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/sport...sada-over-delays/story-fnca0von-1227075723094

“ASADA chief executive Ben McDevitt acknowledged the delays but it is understood some of those, in particular the time between the handing down of the Downes report and steps taken by ASADA in August, were related to the Essendon legal action”.

How is it “understood” by ‘The Australian’ that any delays were the result of EFC action/inaction. That suggestion is in direct conflict with McDevitt's public statement.

McDevitt is playing semantics - The final delay with the NRL was because when they offered Essendon a deal in June, the deal was automatically refused by players,because there wasn't enough evidence - hence the two month delay before offering Cronulla a deal - The delay between November and June was the Government's doing.

Are you an Essendon supporter or a James Hird supporter.

You keep repeating that. The reason I didnt renew my membership was because of the way the club Hird included lied to its members all last year saying they will have their say then rolled over and took it up the ass from the AFL without any explanation for their decision. It was weak then and they are being just as weak now.

You sure do hear a lot of strong ******* rumours. Unbelievable how many you and you alone seem to hear.

FFS
I would imagine that at any club, any time any coach is sacked.. then several of his 'fave' players would feel upset by it and talk big.. pretty standard I would have thought..

and this isn't even close to a standard situation.

Club is being told which hoops to jump through by AFL and Media.. and again we just play the role of puppet perfectly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It makes me cry that our big events have been ruined by the selfishness of some - Our Finals game and the Crichton medal have been diminished.
Paddy was absolutely responsible for us giving up a 5 goal lead.

Why not both?
Who do you value higher importance to you? Essendon or James Hird? Because refusing to buy a membership simply because Hird is being sacked says that you would value James Hird higher than Essendon.
Remember the board spent members money on a two-year contract extension.
The board will almost certainly get voted out in December at the AGM.

Who do you value higher importance to you? Essendon or James Hird? Because refusing to buy a membership simply because Hird is being sacked says that you would value James Hird higher than Essendon.

What do they represent?

If you want to give me a choice of only one, I will choose the one seeking justice over the one seeking success, because I prefer the former over the latter.

The board will almost certainly get voted out in December at the AGM.
No it doesn't. It just means that he disagrees with Essendon's decision to the point that he feels they don't deserve his membership.

Tbh I dont disagree with those who wont be renewing their membership if hird was to be sacked.

The fact the club has let this all play out the day of our b&f the fact that one of our players is looking at leaving the week of our finals match. This club is an absolute basketcase at the moment. I would understand if people didn't want to keep giving them money to piss away spinning their wheels for another decade with no success. The arguement could be made they need our support yada yada.

I would hope those that are having a go at those thinking about not renewing would respect each persons right to make that decision and not make stupid comments asking whether people support essendon or james.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back