No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am struggling to see the logic employed by Hird on this one. I'm all for him fighting and all of us want the truth to be told, but at what cost? Will his name be tarnished forever if he doesn't appeal? Yep, but it's tarnished anyway.

One of the hardest things to learn in life is to allow yourself to be wronged and allow time and actions to have the final say. It isn't easy, and it comes at a cost to you personally.

Without being in Hird's position it is hard to judge what to do, but from the outside the club that he loves and is paid t by is set to lose some good coaches and put the players through more strain and stress.

Sometimes finding peace is the hardest thing to do, and the thing that comes at the greatest personal cost. Peace may come at a personal cost to Hird and the players, but is it worth it so the club can move on? It's hard to say that it isn't worth it from the outside looking in.

His integrity is at stake and he deserves benefit of the doubt until someone proves he has delivered substance harm to the players.

The hardship EFC has endured appears to be instigated by the AFL, continued by ASADA and the media narrative as a result.

The players admire him for the person he is and he has little choice but to uphold his innocence of innuendo etc. Every other club has to be investigated now. Leigh Matthews, Bomber Thompson, John Worsfold, Mick Malthouse, Alistair Clarkson et al should be nervous about that!

The AFL would be on top of my list if I were James Hird!

too busy doing it now

Took 100,000 posts across 50 threads, but we have a winner. Get a ****ing grip Ogg Cat. Hird took a bullet for this club, our club last year. He may be a lot of things, but he's not ****ing "selfish".

I have no issue with Hirdy doing that. But he can't be coach of the Essendon Football Club while he's doing so.
So if they appoint, say Thompson and the case is heard by end of October and Hird wins....what happens there??

I have no issue with Hirdy doing that. But he can't be coach of the Essendon Football Club while he's doing so.

I see no practical reason why Hird would appeal - It doesn't prove guilt or innoncence of players - Hird has lost his marbles ! It's like he doesn't belong to a footy club !

So Thompson has held the club over a barrel..

Bomber issued ultimatum: Give me senior role or I walk to GC.

Board shat its pants and is acting in haste.. which has always worked well for clubs..

I will still support this club no matter who the coach is.. and think it is silly of anyone to suggest otherwise.. but this will be the blackest day in our clubs history.. by a long long way.

Welcome to another ten years of obscurity. Might as well trade all players and just start the rebuild now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Members of Essendon's leadership group tried to persuade James Hird not to go through with his plan to appeal the verdict, after the club briefed the leadership group on the crisis on Wednesday.

The club intends to offer the coaching position to Mark Thompson in the event that Hird is sacked. It is understood that Thompson met skipper Jobe Watson on Wednesday and indicated that he would not stay at Essendon next year - unless he was senior coach.

Essendon is well aware that Thompson is interested in coaching the Gold Coast Suns, following the sacking of Guy McKenna. As of Wednesday evening, it was unclear how the club would deal with the uncertainty surrounding Thompson, who had been offered a role in the football department and indicated he would like to stay but did not sign on.

Essendon's players, on the whole, do not want the club to appeal the Federal Court decision - putting them at odds with Hird, who maintains that the process of the ASADA investigation was unlawful and a denial of natural justice

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ng-verdict-20141001-10ovw8.html#ixzz3Esnq2KUz

Are you an Essendon supporter or a James Hird supporter?
Good point. I've been an essendon fanatic for 30 or so years. But if the club I love deprive themselves of a potential 20 year coach then I find that very hard. Maybe I've become more of a James Hird fan than an essendon fan, but I'm very confused at the moment.

So if they appoint, say Thompson and the case is heard by end of October and Hird wins....what happens there??
Couple that with the direct contradiction of the club. The club has chosen not to take action to speed this process up for the players and the League's sake. Hirdy has decided his reputation is more important. Fine, no issue. But you have to pursue that on your own. Not as coach of the Essendon Football Club. The club has decided it no longer wants it over our heads. Keeping Hirdy keeps it there.

Ashton,

Nice one. He may step asisde to see justice is done and then walk straight back in once everything has been aired. Maybe not coach but a leader at our club. It's like the way he played the game. Uncompromised!

Good point. I've been an essendon fanatic for 30 or so years. But if the club I love deprive themselves of a potential 20 year coach then I find that very hard. Maybe I've become more of a James Hird fan than an essendon fan, but I'm very confused at the moment.

It's not a good point. It's a piece of simplistic rhetoric.

Well perhaps we should wait to see what happens rather than complaining about hypotheticals?

Don't be ****ing stupid, how dare you keep your powder dry and wait for "evidence" and "facts"? Sack Hird!

But Bomber isn't selfish is he?!

Issues an ultimatum of Senior Coach or nothing.. and that is a true 'club man' is it?!!

He will get the job.. you will rejoice..

And we can watch the team go further backwards next year with ugly, low scoring.. crap results. YAY for us..

This club truly has become a basket case.

He still has gone against the club and IN PARTICULAR the players. How can he coach the players when he has gone against their wishes in such an important moment in their careers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back