No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
what exactly are you trying to ask?

I'm sure my posts have been explicit enough for any simpleton to understand. I'll bet the trolls of other clubs are having a big fat laugh at us, undermining each other.

I'll summarize though: Hird is being shafted while Bomber is the saviour. a point of view that the media is taking, but I'm baffled why loyal supporters are swallowing that tripe.

Assuming this was true, would you actually give a **** what an internet troll thought of you?

what exactly are you trying to ask?

I'm sure my posts have been explicit enough for any simpleton to understand. I'll bet the trolls of other clubs are having a big fat laugh at us, undermining each other.

I'll summarize though: Hird is being shafted while Bomber is the saviour. a point of view that the media is taking, but I'm baffled why loyal supporters are swallowing that tripe.

Your post actually made no sense...

"it is beyond disappointing that supporters actually believe. I use the term "supporters" very loosely."

So I was asking you to clarify.

Negative, taking a bullet would imply that his departure shielded the club.

We still got kicked out of finals, fined 2mil, lost 4 draft picks..

are you serious? I have to laugh... that is all I can do.

what do you think would have happened if he didn't cop that ban????

Thompson just confirmed.. he wants Senior Job or he will leave.

Straight from the horses mouth..

And this guy is who we want leading us forward? Disgusting.
Bomber could've said he was leaving to leave a clear path forward and you would've accused him of cowardice.

You're basically a troll.

Correct. Can be no other interpretation of what he just said.

He can't handle 'stepping back'.. so he either keeps top job or he will leave.

Going to fracture the club big time.

Nothing wrong with him being ambitious.

Feels dirty the way it seems to be happening though, I'll admit that.

Your post actually made no sense...

"it is beyond disappointing that supporters actually believe. I use the term "supporters" very loosely."

So I was asking you to clarify.
it was a typo. it should have read ""it is beyond disappointing that supporters actually believe that".

would have thought that was obvious! you're a pretty clever fellow Vayjayjay.... when it suits ;)

Bomber could've said he was leaving to leave a clear path forward and you would've accused him of cowardice.

You're basically a troll.
But he didn't say that.

To quote:
"I want to stay, I love this club, but I'm struggling with the thought of stepping back, that is my issue"
He then went on to talk about how an AFL player doesn't want to go back to VFL etc etc...

I'm sorry but he was clear. The plan was for him to leave, he has re-ignited his passion for coaching and now 'wants' to stay but not in a secondary position.

You can insult me all you like.. but Bomber Thompson just made it impossible for both he and Hird to be at the club together.. and then finished with this (I kid you not) "we'll have to see who wins"

Whether it was a slip I don't know.. but the whole thing is being broadcast.. so he was clear about what is happening.

I'm also listening to a club ignore the fact that Hird exists.. let alone is 'currently' our Senior Coach. The deed is done.. and now they are just hoping that they can 'soften' the blow by announcing that Thompson is staying as Senior Coach. No doubt hoping that Bomber's popularity will ensure they don't lose too many members over this.

Sadly I think they have underestimated the supporters. Yet again the club has lied to us. And I, for one, am getting sick of being treated like a fool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh where to begin.

Hird will not be sacked.

Will lose too many members/sponsors/coteries if an Essendon board sacked Hird.

If Hird gets the sack it will be the best news I have heard at this club for 2 years.
I love the bloke, I still wear his number on my guernsey ffs but this club needs to move forward and that's not going to happen untill he is gone.

But he didn't say that.

To quote:
"I want to stay, I love this club, but I'm struggling with the thought of stepping back, that is my issue"
He then went on to talk about how an AFL player doesn't want to go back to VFL etc etc...

I'm sorry but he was clear. The plan was for him to leave, he has re-ignited his passion for coaching and now 'wants' to stay but not in a secondary position.

You can insult me all you like.. but Bomber Thompson just made it impossible for both he and Hird to be at the club together.. and then finished with this (I kid you not) "we'll have to see who wins"

Whether it was a slip I don't know.. but the whole thing is being broadcast.. so he was clear about what is happening.

I'm also listening to a club ignore the fact that Hird exists.. let alone is 'currently' our Senior Coach. The deed is done.. and now they are just hoping that they can 'soften' the blow by announcing that Thompson is staying as Senior Coach. No doubt hoping that Bomber's popularity will ensure they don't lose too many members over this.

Sadly I think they have underestimated the supporters. Yet again the club has lied to us. And I, for one, am getting sick of being treated like a fool.
Agree with this, but holding hope that BIG work is being conducted behind the scenes.

Are you seriously taking that out of context?

He was talking about the Award winners at the B&F. **** me dead.

Oh where to begin.

Hird will not be sacked.

IF it happens I expect they are banking on success bringing those members back. It will probably work too as long as that success does come. See Freo for example. (Not quite the same, but similar)

Oh where to begin.

Hird will not be sacked.

You're obviously not watching the Crichton Medal. Hird is as good as gone.

Bomber wants to stay at the club only if he remains head coach. The board had a choice to make and it is clear they want Bomber. I've got a feeling this is why Hird is choosing to appeal.

Agree with this, but holding hope that BIG work is being conducted behind the scenes.
It's done.

Hird is gone.

Now we just wait for the fall out.

Media will applaud.. AFL will be happy.. but I suggest the membership is going to have a little more trouble accepting it. Is going to cause a huge rift right down the middle of the club.. staff/players/supporters.

We have held strong for two years.. but tonight (in my opinion) will be the straw the broke the back.. this will be where we can trace our next ten years of mediocrity and in fighting back too.. and it may even be longer.

I'll support the club no matter what.. but this dog act has just effectively ended any chance of our club surviving this disaster in one piece.

See the Knights years for what happens when there is dissent over the sacking of a coach..

Club only stopped fighting with itself three years ago.. and now we will be back at it again.

Ahhhhh.. I just wanted to see this club be great again. Sad sad day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back