No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if the players get infractions... will Bomber be true to his word and he'll go?
I'll walk him out the door if I have to. Along with Reid, Egan and anyone else employed by Essendon during the 2012 season. They all must go if that happens.

But he didn't say that.

To quote:
"I want to stay, I love this club, but I'm struggling with the thought of stepping back, that is my issue"
He then went on to talk about how an AFL player doesn't want to go back to VFL etc etc...

I'm sorry but he was clear. The plan was for him to leave, he has re-ignited his passion for coaching and now 'wants' to stay but not in a secondary position.

You can insult me all you like.. but Bomber Thompson just made it impossible for both he and Hird to be at the club together.. and then finished with this (I kid you not) "we'll have to see who wins"

Whether it was a slip I don't know.. but the whole thing is being broadcast.. so he was clear about what is happening.

I'm also listening to a club ignore the fact that Hird exists.. let alone is 'currently' our Senior Coach. The deed is done.. and now they are just hoping that they can 'soften' the blow by announcing that Thompson is staying as Senior Coach. No doubt hoping that Bomber's popularity will ensure they don't lose too many members over this.

Sadly I think they have underestimated the supporters. Yet again the club has lied to us. And I, for one, am getting sick of being treated like a fool.
you have to be joking! it was about the players ... winning awards ... at the awards night ... i'm honestly starting to think you could be the most elaborate internet troll ever

as sad as it is to see a legend leave under such circumstances, i for one believe Hird departing and Bomber staying is the best outcome for our club.

mxett, if its true Hird is out, do you believe Bomber staying is better for the club than a coach untainted by all this crap?

Thompson just confirmed.. he wants Senior Job or he will leave.

Straight from the horses mouth..

And this guy is who we want leading us forward? Disgusting.
I want Hird to stay as coach obviously, but if We sack him, I don't see why you wouldn't want Bomber as coach? You think if we get someone new that would be good? it'd only make us go backwards.

Got any proof of Thompson's knowledge or Dank ever actually stepping foot inside Geelong beyond consulting with Robinson?

From his office at Skilled Stadium, Robinson, the club's strength and rehabilitation manager, is in almost daily contact with Sea Eagles' fitness consultant, Steve Dank.

"It is satisfying to have had a hand in both and Steve has also had a big input here, even though he is not on the payroll here and never has been," Robinson said.

"We discuss ideas and philosophies and a lot of them are common to both the Sea Eagles and the Cats."

Robinson says the emphasis is on recovery, to be ready for games that are equally gruelling whether you are Geelong midfielder Gary Ablett or Manly fullback Brett Stewart.

"We make sure the players are not overloaded. People think that you have to continually train them hard, whereas, if you really consider it, a game is a training session," he said.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/arc...he-fitness-trend/story-e6frg7mx-1111114519497

So if the players get infractions... will Bomber be true to his word and he'll go?
Nope.

So far he hasn't be true to his word on one thing.. just sat quietly by and watched his plan work. He brings Robinson to the club (personally because of his work at Geelong) and then recommends Dank (again telling Hird that he was successful in what he advised at Geelong).. and then sits back and claims it was all Hirdy..

Then he promises Hird that he will take the team for a year and then step down.. but oh now we get there and suddenly he doesn't want to step down.. in fact he is quite happy to be the media darling while Hird gets to be the fall guy for one of the biggest conspiracies and clusterfarks in recent memory.

Chance of him honouring his word? Zero.

Starting to understand why Geelong were so dirty on him.. his 'word' isn't worth the air it is spoken with.

Ok, if Hird is given the arse, I will demand a full explanation of events from the club re this saga. I will struggle to follow a club that wants to sweep this all under a carpet. We have protected the players up to now by remaining silent, now they need to protect their supporter base by being open. Hird in court will open much of it up but the club can no longer remain elusive. I want to know what they know. I want to know the reasons for Evan's role and subsequent silence, the accepting of penalties last year, the extent of the AFL's bullying - with documented evidence, spreadsheets and the concrete evidence of why we are confident nothing illegal or dangerous were guven to our players. I think all supporters should be demanding this and without such information we should threaten to drop our membership. The club has either faked their alliance with Hird or they've been bullied into turning on him out of fear for AFL repercussions. Either option stinks tbh.

Caro will be burning the midnight oil penning her latest.....
"Hird scapegoat, Bomba to blame for a everything"

She's gotta keep the hate alive and we are providing the fuel......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From his office at Skilled Stadium, Robinson, the club's strength and rehabilitation manager, is in almost daily contact with Sea Eagles' fitness consultant, Steve Dank.

"It is satisfying to have had a hand in both and Steve has also had a big input here, even though he is not on the payroll here and never has been," Robinson said.

"We discuss ideas and philosophies and a lot of them are common to both the Sea Eagles and the Cats."

Robinson says the emphasis is on recovery, to be ready for games that are equally gruelling whether you are Geelong midfielder Gary Ablett or Manly fullback Brett Stewart.

"We make sure the players are not overloaded. People think that you have to continually train them hard, whereas, if you really consider it, a game is a training session," he said.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/arc...he-fitness-trend/story-e6frg7mx-1111114519497

That shows nothing of what you're trying to claim.

In fact, that doesn't even suggest Dank even set a foot inside Geelong.

you mean like he was true to his word that he only took the coaching role because it was for only this year.

He has been plotting against Jimmy all year, look how he defended Sando when he got turfed and yet he has barely offered a word of support or defended Hird the entire saga.

Oh come on. Now Bomber has orchestrated this whole thing has he? He started this whole ASADA thing to eventually get the top job at Essendon. Seriously, people need to take emotions out of it. Ridiculous.

you mean like he was true to his word that he only took the coaching role because it was for only this year.

He has been plotting against Jimmy all year, look how he defended Sando when he got turfed and yet he has barely offered a word of support or defended Hird the entire saga.
Hooves. Horse.

Nope.

So far he hasn't be true to his word on one thing.. just sat quietly by and watched his plan work. He brings Robinson to the club (personally because of his work at Geelong) and then recommends Dank (again telling Hird that he was successful in what he advised at Geelong).. and then sits back and claims it was all Hirdy..

Then he promises Hird that he will take the team for a year and then step down.. but oh now we get there and suddenly he doesn't want to step down.. in fact he is quite happy to be the media darling while Hird gets to be the fall guy for one of the biggest conspiracies and clusterfarks in recent memory.

Chance of him honouring his word? Zero.

Starting to understand why Geelong were so dirty on him.. his 'word' isn't worth the air it is spoken with.

That's just blatantly false.

In fact, there's not much that is accurate about this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back