No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said earlier I believe it comes down to having more people challenge for board positions and then those people communicating to us why we should vote them on to the board.

Shane Heard was a legend. Speed ball machine. Maybe change your name???

I love it when the odd person every now and then brings Shane's speedball up..:thumbsu:

84-85pics34.jpg

If there were to be a club vote I would think voting would need to be mandatory for certain members. How to enforce? Membership "discount" which in reality wouldn't be a discount but the normal price with those that don't vote paying overs. Decisions should be based on closer to 50% of the members votes (not capable of less than 100).

And this could be restricted to high category members.

The board has performed poorly in last 2 years and they need to answer questions sooner rather than later as their behaviour is illogical.

Sacking Hird would be a disaster dividing the club. We'd end up like Melbourne after they sacked Norm Smith.

If there were to be a club vote I would think voting would need to be mandatory for certain members. How to enforce? Membership "discount" which in reality wouldn't be a discount but the normal price with those that don't vote paying overs. Decisions should be based on closer to 50% of the members votes (not capable of less than 100).

And this could be restricted to high category members.

The board has performed poorly in last 2 years and they need to answer questions sooner rather than later as their behaviour is illogical.

Sacking Hird would be a disaster dividing the club. We'd end up like Melbourne after they sacked Norm Smith.

Don't even go there...nothing could beat the drama of Norm Smith's sacking....oh hang on...we're nearly at that point!!!:oops:

So if 1000 of these nutcases (not that many when you factor in Twitter and FB) get together and demand a meeting to issue directions to the board and the board is legally bound to obey their wishes. That strikes you as a brilliant idea does it?

Didnt mention the EGM, didnt even share my thoughts on whether it was a brilliant idea (its not, calm your bloodlust)

Just pointing out that blanket statement of that board being a terrible place is incorrect as they dont all share the same view. Just how we dont all share the same view here, id say we are a pretty nice bunch, from what little ive read of some people's postings we are just as passionate in our views as they are.

Yes we wouldn't want the board to be legally bound to obey the wishes of a MEMBERSHIP... how terrible?!!

Perhaps the Board should just run the club like the AFL.. a law unto themselves..

Luckily people like you (assuming you have a membership) will be able to come along and stop these 1000 'nutcases' from making silly demands..

It is called DEMOCRACY.. you should check it out sometime... it kinda works to make sure you don't have the kind of complete cluster****s of Wednesday night...

How anyone can not be completely embarrassed by the clubs actions right now is beyond me. And I don't care if you want Hird or Thompson.. I'm talking about the way they handled it. If they wanted to make the change.. then make the change.. you don't leak it, ban Hird, then backtrack, then announce you have nothing to announce until another announcement... amateur hour.

While i get where your coming from Rines i dont think "democracy" has any place in how football clubs are run. They cant afford to be just purely because of the reasons outlined by a few posters above.

While we would all love to have a say in the way things occur and feel included and special the cold hard reality is that we dont control these decisions. If you or i wanted to we would need to be elected. If you dont agree with the decisions of the club withdraw your support as that is the best way to not compromise your own values.

Why change name?

Just a play with names....I used to have Nobby8 as my user name...until I got sick of morons bringing up the way he passed away as some kind of sick insult directed at me.

Don't even go there...nothing could beat the drama of Norm Smith's sacking....oh hang on...we're nearly at that point!!!:oops:

Yep it is a sad state of affairs. How ridiculous is it that Paul Little publicly comments that no player has taken a banned or harmful substance. Yet as a club the board and Little accepted penalties for this, pushed a coach to accept being suspended and are now criticising said coach for legally challenging the process. This EFC board decided (unanimously as per Little) to also legally challenge the process. I find it incredible that the same board who was unanimous in challenging is now holding it against Hird for taking the next step in this challenge. The operations and decisions of the EFC board are illogical.

Okay. I know this is probably about as hot as it's been right now but please PLEASE try and remember we all support the same club. Keep the personal stuff out of it. Get up and walk away if you think you can't help yourself. Seriously, it's not that hard. Report anything you think breaks the rules and resist the urge to bite back. We will get to it. I promise!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay. I know this is probably about as hot as it's been right now but please PLEASE try and remember we all support the same club. Keep the personal stuff out of it. Get up and walk away if you think you can't help yourself. Seriously, it's not that hard. Report anything you think breaks the rules and resist the urge to bite back. We will get to it. I promise!
Second this unreservedly.

Where were we again ?

Something about supporters taking over the club or something...

Yep it is a sad state of affairs. How ridiculous is it that Paul Little publicly comments that no player has taken a banned or harmful substance. Yet as a club the board and Little accepted penalties for this, pushed a coach to accept being suspended and are now criticising said coach for legally challenging the process. This EFC board decided (unanimously as per Little) to also legally challenge the process. I find it incredible that the same board who was unanimous in challenging is now holding it against Hird for taking the next step in this challenge. The operations and decisions of the EFC board are illogical.

Yep..that's the three ring circus tent we all sit in now.

Didnt mention the EGM, didnt even share my thoughts on whether it was a brilliant idea (its not, calm your bloodlust)

Just pointing out that blanket statement of that board being a terrible place is incorrect as they dont all share the same view. Just how we dont all share the same view here, id say we are a pretty nice bunch, from what little ive read of some people's postings we are just as passionate in our views as they are.

While i get where your coming from Rines i dont think "democracy" has any place in how football clubs are run. They cant afford to be just purely because of the reasons outlined by a few posters above.

While we would all love to have a say in the way things occur and feel included and special the cold hard reality is that we dont control these decisions. If you or i wanted to we would need to be elected. If you dont agree with the decisions of the club withdraw your support as that is the best way to not compromise your own values.
Most effective form of government is a well motivated dictatorship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back