No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we need to sit her in a room and play the video of Heppell and others up in the Northern Territory
Ah but you see, that's not a community program, that's just PR damage control.

She's so cynical she actually probably believes that.

The most likely scenario, I would think, is that the meeting was to talk about what happens for the club in the event of suspensions. I think it makes sense for someone not in the firing line directly to be part of those discussions.
Surely, that should be on a Gill/Xavier level though??

i'm pretty certain the players where there to talk about the lower food prices @ the G

Off topic a little, but on that topic, the AFL seem to be making a very concerted effort at present to make going to the football more attractive. Food prices being just the latest thing to be tweeked. I'd almost call it panic mode. But I doubt it has much, if anything, to do with the Essendon / ASADA saga.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off topic a little, but on that topic, the AFL seem to be making a very concerted effort at present to make going to the football more attractive. Food prices being just the latest thing to be tweeked. I'd almost call it panic mode. But I doubt it has much, if anything, to do with the Essendon / ASADA saga.
it takes great skill to appear to be doing something, while doing nothing at all

it takes great skill to appear to be doing something, while doing nothing at all

I would normally be first to agree. But I honestly think there's a bit of panic at AFL HQ at the present time and they are actually doing things in an apparent effort to make it more attractive for people to attend matches. Never thought I'd say it. But they have really never done anything previously to warrant the praise.

The most likely scenario, I would think, is that the meeting was to talk about what happens for the club in the event of suspensions. I think it makes sense for someone not in the firing line directly to be part of those discussions.

I don't think that the players themselves would approach Gil to discuss what happens to the club in the event of sanctions. That would be something for the club and its officials to discuss with the AFL.

I think this is likely to be something that the players themselves felt the need to tell the AFL. The fact that it is the leadership group implies they are conveying a message about player unity regarding some aspect of the issue. Maybe they wanted to avoid giving the impression they were trying to influence the outcome with threats, so, instead of leaking to Robbo, they just decided to tell Gill direct that he should be aware of how the players might respond, given their unified resolve.
Just guessing.

I would normally be first to agree. But I honestly think there's a bit of panic at AFL HQ at the present time and they are actually doing things in an apparent effort to make it more attractive for people to attend matches. Never thought I'd say it. But they have really never done anything previously to warrant the praise.

Can't believe I'm going to say this but....

To be fair to Gil, he has said since day 1 of his tenure that he wants to bring the footy back to the people, make it a more attractive and affordable form of entertainment.

Ok, now that's done I shall never speak in defence of the smug campaigner again.

I don't think that the players themselves would approach Gil to discuss what happens to the club in the event of sanctions. That would be something for the club and its officials to discuss with the AFL.

I think this is likely to be something that the players themselves felt the need to tell the AFL. The fact that it is the leadership group implies they are conveying a message about player unity regarding some aspect of the issue. Maybe they wanted to avoid giving the impression they were trying to influence the outcome with threats, so, instead of leaking to Robbo, they just decided to tell Gill direct that he should be aware of how the players might respond, given their unified resolve.
Just guessing.
I'd have no doubt that it was player initiated, for sure. Whatever was being discussed.

At the time I could see the rationale behind Little talking to Caro for that article a year ago. It smacked of a club trying to move forward and mend fences.

I've now come around to the view it was ill-judged. She is a vindictive piece of work who will use any angle possible to pot the club, just like she did with North back in 2007.

Never, ever give her the time of day again. I don't and never have condoned some of the puerile and sometimes downright sexist abuse she's copped. In fact I hate it as it illustrates how far society still has to go in that area. But that last article was like the rantings of an angry teen.

This person should never be allowed near our club ever again. I can absolutely tolerate criticism where it's warranted. Her salvos in that article are not warranted, they are the hateful ramblings of someone with red mist descended upon their retinas.

At the time I could see the rationale behind Little talking to Caro for that article a year ago. It smacked of a club trying to move forward and mend fences.

I've now come around to the view it was ill-judged. She is a vindictive piece of work who will use any angle possible to pot the club, just like she did with North back in 2007.

Never, ever give her the time of day again. I don't and never have condoned some of the puerile and sometimes downright sexist abuse she's copped. In fact I hate it as it illustrates how far society still had to go in that area. But that last article was like the rantings of an angry teen.

This person should never be allowed near our club ever again. I can absolutely tolerate criticism where it's warranted. Her salvos in that article are not warranted, they are the hateful ramblings of someone with red mist descended upon their retinas.

Couldn't agree more.

Caro is out to do Essendon - and in particular Hird - maximum damage. That much is plain and obvious. So telling her nothing and taking her nowhere can't really have any consequences for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back