No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who are the 50+ players that have tested positive this year? I haven't seen any articles naming names?

yaco55 didn't say there was 50+ positive tests for Meldonium this year - he said we could be heading toward it, and I reckon he'll be pretty much on the money. Some so far:

Abebe Aregawi, the 2013 women’s 1,500m world champion, has been provisionally suspended after meldonium was found in a sample she provided. Endeshaw Negesse, the 2015 Tokyo marathon champion, was also banned after reportedly testing positive for the same substance. Others include Olga Abramova and Artem Tyschcenko, two Ukrainian biathletes, Eduard Vorganov, a Russian cyclist and Ekaterina Bobrova, a Russian ice dancer. You can now add Russian biathlete Eduard Latypov to the growing list.

yaco55 didn't say there was 50+ positive tests for Meldonium this year - he said we could be heading toward it, and I reckon he'll be pretty much on the money. Some so far:

Abebe Aregawi, the 2013 women’s 1,500m world champion, has been provisionally suspended after meldonium was found in a sample she provided. Endeshaw Negesse, the 2015 Tokyo marathon champion, was also banned after reportedly testing positive for the same substance. Others include Olga Abramova and Artem Tyschcenko, two Ukrainian biathletes, Eduard Vorganov, a Russian cyclist and Ekaterina Bobrova, a Russian ice dancer. You can now add Russian biathlete Eduard Latypov to the growing list.
Ah I see. I misunderstood. My bad. Disregard.

The five times were actually in addition to the WADA communique. She was contacted three times by the International Tennis Federation and twice by the Womens Tennis Association. Four year ban. No ifs, buts or maybes. I'll be shocked (to be sitting here) if it's anything less.

This is a separate issue - The issue is WADA places substances on the prohibited list every year - There has never been such a rash of positive tests for a newly prohibited substance in the past - Something has gone wrong.

My guess is Sharapova will get a 6 to 12 month suspension from the ITF Anti-Doping Tribunal.

I can't imagine why it wouldn't be 4. What reason is there for a reduction?

The more interesting discussion point is comparing the suspensions of all these athletes who've tested positive for Meldonium - Will the sentences vary greatly ?

This is a separate issue - The issue is WADA places substances on the prohibited list every year - There has never been such a rash of positive tests for a newly prohibited substance in the past - Something has gone wrong.

My guess is Sharapova will get a 6 to 12 month suspension from the ITF Anti-Doping Tribunal.

Which surely would be appealed due to it's leniency...

This Sharapova warned 5 times thing seems overblown.

Appears to me that this warning was just some generic correspondence sent outlining the changing status of Meldonium. Apparently post the general WADA notice in September 2015.

Seems like a Brett Clothier warning after the fact to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back