No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said to a mate at the game yesterday that the most serious allegation that can reasonably be made against anyone currently at Essendon (including Hird, Bomber, Reid, et al) is that they were too trusting and didn't themselves thoroughly check that a sports scientist was working within the rules set down for him.

It's a very long way from there to being cheats.

Plainly a governance issue and we have already been punished for it - 12 BLOODY MONTHS AGO...

...but the ASADA saga continues on and on and on...

Apparently there was a brawl between 2 Essendon supporters.
Yep, happened after Zaka's second goal to put us back in front. Bay 13 I think it was. Nerdy looking kid and a brunette chick were evicted kicking and screaming. Saw them walking to the station after the game 5 minutes later so don't think much happened of it.

No idea why how it started though.

Yep, happened after Zaka's second goal to put us back in front. Bay 13 I think it was. Nerdy looking kid and a brunette chick were evicted kicking and screaming. Saw them walking to the station after the game 5 minutes later so don't think much happened of it.

Did enjoy the lady from bay 14 who chased after security who were forcibly restraining the lady being evicted screeching "leave her alone" like it was some sort of power trip and they were only picking on her because she's a woman. Must have missed the punches she was throwing at security before they even touched her :rolleyes:

She professed her lust for Zaka and the kid didn't take it well ?

I can think of some Spaniards in another sport who are particularly suspect.
2272490-raphael_tmnt.jpg

?

So if the players show that they signed forms saying everything was WADA compliant, they still get banned but only for six months? Is this right or am I totally off the mark?

Apologies if this has already been answered. Been zoned out of all the ASADA stuff this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if the players show that they signed forms saying everything was WADA compliant, they still get banned but only for six months? Is this right or am I totally off the mark?

Apologies if this has already been answered. Been zoned out of all the ASADA stuff this year.

Pretty much it according to McDopey. 6 months is about the minimum even if you didn't know.

The Ziggy report is like a noose around our necks. Will be used as evidence for ASADA. How ****ing stupid are we to put it in the public eye.

If they can prove it wasn't their intention to take banned substances they can get a reduction in penalty from 2 years to 12 months. If they give ASADA substantial assistance they can get a further reduction down to 6 months.

Not that I personally doubt it, but if no players take the offer of 6 months, which would see them ready to play by the start of 2015, that's a pretty clear indication they genuinely don't believe they've been given banned substances

The Ziggy report is like a noose around our necks. Will be used as evidence for ASADA. How ******* stupid are we to put it in the public eye.
I'm glad we did the Ziggy report - it showed we were serious about fixing the governance issues. If we hadn't done the report the AFL would have smashed us with massive penalties just for poor governance.

Oh, wait... :mad:

When the music stopped, Dank just happened to be working at Essendon
Nah, he'd already moved on to Melbourne. But apparently they took the good thymosin so that's all ok, only the stuff we took was sus.

It's not a biaised campaign to try to fabricate something against us in order to claim a scalp by any stretch of the imagination, oh no.

Not sure how the Ziggy report is used as evidence as he isn't an expert in sports science and supplements etc, fair enough on governance and management but anything beyond that is out of his league, he's a punter like the rest of us.

Not sure how the Ziggy report is used as evidence as he isn't an expert in sports science and supplements etc, fair enough on governance and management but anything beyond that is out of his league, he's a punter like the rest of us.

That's the only piece of so called evidence ASADA have. Their whole joint investigation was based on that ****ing Ziggy report - makes me angry.

And I imagine that will be explored if this proceeds to court actual in relation to drugs charges, as opposed the process charges we have currently lodged.

All of a sudden people think that at the start of last year ASADA were ready to accept 6 month bans I'm fairly sure all the talk was about 2 year banso_O

All of a sudden people think that at the start of last year ASADA were ready to accept 6 month bans I'm fairly sure all the talk was about 2 year banso_O
Yeah but don't forget about WADA coming over the top. Or were they referring to the film.
55.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back