No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of a sudden people think that at the start of last year ASADA were ready to accept 6 month bans I'm fairly sure all the talk was about 2 year banso_O
I still don't actually get what we were supposed to do last year. Say "ASADA I know you have no evidence and all we know is that the players have signed these forms saying all is WADA compliant. But do you want to just stop this investigation here and ban our players for 6 months please?"

so whateley has his mits on the actual player transcripts.

How on earth could he possibly have them without somebody doing something illegal? Just sent to him by mistake?

As mentioned by Hardie, someone has to go to jail for 2 years for the leaks. The thought of someone like Clothier behind bars makes me smile, in a truly evil way.

can we, as part of the federal court action, put Whateley on the stand?

As part of an action to expose what the illegalities of Asada have caused - an AFL commentator is making comments on the case, and in part basing it on the private player transcripts which are supposed to be private and subject to the Asada act privacy and privacy act. How are we supposed to get a fair trial? In fairness, Gerard can see through the rubbish and the asada claims are rubbish when compared to the words, but the point stands.

Surely we should be able to put heat on journos who know the are going with private, privileged info? This is not "good journalism", it is illegal activity.

As mentioned by Hardie, someone has to go to jail for 2 years for the leaks.

Oooh, oooh, oooh, can we put in our preferences?

1. Gillon "Goebbels" McLachlan
2. Brett Clothier
3. The Fat campaignerroller

I'd love for Jason Mifsud to be implicated in some way as well.

Sitting at work listening to people around me talk about how the Bombers cheated and they are lower than scum.

And these people barrack for hawks, demons and the tigers

FFSFFS
That's why I have lowered my opinion about the intellectual standard of our country. What happened to 'fair go mate'?

can we, as part of the federal court action, put Whateley on the stand?

As part of an action to expose what the illegalities of Asada have caused - an AFL commentator is making comments on the case, and in part basing it on the private player transcripts which are supposed to be private and subject to the Asada act privacy and privacy act. How are we supposed to get a fair trial? In fairness, Gerard can see through the rubbish and the asada claims are rubbish when compared to the words, but the point stands.

Surely we should be able to put heat on journos who know the are going with private, privileged info? This is not "good journalism", it is illegal activity.
Gerard might have thrown a 'red herring' into the mix. Complicates things a bit more. How did he...and he's been very diplomatic. I'm looking at this as a positive.

That's why I have lowered my opinion about the intellectual standard of our country. What happened to 'fair go mate'?
I can't be bothered with talking to such small minded idiots.
My bombers scarf is draped over my monitors and I have my earphones in.

Mind you I also earn $30k more than these idiots which makes dealing with them even more fun

Can't put brains into monuments

The CONTINUAL leaks are the problem.. and now the actual transcripts are in the media.. I mean come on.. the quicker this goes to court the better..

I consider Gerard to be one of the more 'intelligent' ones out there.. and he started off very negative and basically "players will get done for 2 years" and YET AGAIN we see an intelligent person who, after reading the available facts and evidence, has now joined the chorus to suggest the whole thing is a farce, a folly and most likely illegal.

Yes the foamers will foam and there will always be a swirl of references to this.. but I am actually hearing a LOT more anti-ASADA stuff than EFC right now.. and I even had a family member apologise for getting in my face about EFC last year.. after now reading what is going on.. they have no doubt that what I've been saying is right and the whole thing is one big circle jerk.. and I think that is a story being repeated in many households..

For most people the equation is pretty simple.. did the players dope - yes or no? Right now it is looking to Joe Public like ASADA is more concerned about meeting its budget and getting the scalp rather than answering that fundamental question.

Lawyers will never meet consensus on these things.. but I am yet to meet one who would prefer to be on ASADA's table in the upcoming fight..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The narrative from the general media is starting to form an ominous tone. Accept 6 months get this over with and all be easier for everyone. Not even sure that can happen.

Can someone explain the process and if the AFL can actually come out and say we don't believe you have knowingly taken banned substances and missing finals last year is punishment enough?

Can't believe Gerard Healy tried to use a grab from Whateley's interview with McDevitt as reason why the players should be falling over themselves to talk to him.
Healy is still number one campaigner in this, from the very beginning naming Melksham on radio as knowing he doped due to his size the bloke should be living on the street begging for money.

**** him and everything about him.

The narrative from the general media is starting to form an ominous tone. Accept 6 months get this over with and all be easier for everyone. Not even sure that can happen.

Can someone explain the process and if the AFL can actually come out and say we don't believe you have knowingly taken banned substances and missing finals last year is punishment enough?
I don't think they could do that until infraction notices are issued. If that happens the AFL then decides the punishment, which could be nothing. Then WADA comes over the top etc..

Some interesting analysis on whether Essendon's legal challenge to the joint investigation is likely to succeed or not:

http://sociallitigator.com/2014/06/...tion-against-asada-out-of-bounds-on-the-full/

A number of the arguments in here may be similar to what ASADA use to argue the investigation was legitimate.

Hardie not impressed.

Martin Hardie June 16, 2014
Well an interesting take which seems to ignore a lot of law, starting with the narrow misreading of standing. You’ve ignored the text, context and purpose of the ASADA Act and more. If this is the best defence someone can raise for ASADA then God help them. I think I’ll put my trust on Hawks QC

Its just ridiculous that players are being asked to accept a penalty for possibly using a banned substance when they obviously don't know either way. if ASADA want them banned they should be required to prove to them they deserve a penalty, not expect them to guess

****n this

It's clear as day Asada's case is useless with out player admissions.

Its just ridiculous that players are being asked to accept a penalty for possibly using a banned substance when they obviously don't know either way. if ASADA want them banned they should be required to prove to them they deserve a penalty, not expect them to guess
At the moment, it isn't up to prove they deserve a penalty stage (ADRVP). It's at the "We've still got our suspicions" stage.

Players have been asked to dob themselves in, so they can wait and see if they qualify for a reduced penalty. Sandor Earl has been waiting since August 2013 (approx 10 months) to see if he qualifies for the 6 month discount. I wonder if Nathan Bock gave ASADA as much assistance as Earl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back