No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Jake King having bikies hang around the RFC with the club saying they cant do anything about it why isn't that a big issue for all we know he could be trafficking peds to the Richmond players.

If that were Essendon their would of been questions raised and the club would of got ridiculed to the nth degree.
Well given Kerr was done on tape allegedly trafficking Ketamine, it seems the only drugs that matter are the exotic ones with no performance enhancing benefit. I mean, as long as you self report, it is ok, or at least was..........

not sure anyone can just grab documents submitted to a court actually

No but they could use the fact that they exist to justify bringing him in perhaps. Anyway the documents he submits to that case would only need to be relevant to the NRL so unless he has a spreadsheet with every client on it there will be nothing revealed about Essendon.

Well given Kerr was done on tape allegedly trafficking Ketamine, it seems the only drugs that matter are the exotic ones with no performance enhancing benefit. I mean, as long as you self report, it is ok, or at least was..........

Seriously? Are we really going to compare performance enhancing drugs with recreational drugs that make you perform worse?

The reason the performance enhancing drugs are an issue is because each athlete that takes them makes their competitors potentially have to take them to compete. This is unfair that someone should indulge in a behavior that forces another human between risking their health or to give up on their dream.

The other drugs are only an issue because someone decided at some point somewhere that certain drugs were illegal, despite the century of evidence that shows that prohibition only makes the drugs less safe, provides the biggest revenue to violent criminals and does nothing to stop in the traffic of them.

I certainly hope that the leadership at our club helps out anyone who's drug use is causing problems in their lives and punishes them for any unprofessional performances it may cause. However, I don't want the AFL, the general public or our club to carry on like Mrs Lovejoys and act like drug use is any different than drinking, though I'd rather our players abstain from all drugs, including booze, throughout the season.

The other drugs are only an issue because someone decided at some point somewhere that certain drugs were illegal, despite the century of evidence that shows that prohibition only makes the drugs less safe, provides the biggest revenue to violent criminals and does nothing to stop in the traffic of them.
The failures of prohibition notwithstanding, I think there is a reasonable argument for trying to restrict human consumption of horse tranquilisers.

The failures of prohibition notwithstanding, I think there is a reasonable argument for trying to restrict human consumption of horse tranquilisers.

You can get Ketamine for humans, still not something that should be sold over the counter....

Didn't want to start a new thread and didn't know where else to post this, but this thread seems reasonable.

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-recruits-top-crime-fighter-gerry-ryan-20140201-31u5c.html

The AFL has recruited one of Victoria's highest-ranking detectives to work as an anti-corruption investigator as part of a major revamp of its integrity department.

Puhlease :rolleyes: Give me a spell. Yes of course I have full faith in these all new super duper self appointed integrity measures that the AFL is implementing for totally not image related reasons only. I'm fully convinced this guy will have free reign to investigate things which may clash with the AFLs agenda.

Let's all take a minute to appreciate this genuinely meaningful appointment, comrades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone have any idea on what Sash has been going on about recently?

Should I sit tight, be confident- or just do whatever, keep ignoring?
I'd suggest the accuracy of his Tweeting during the height of the scandal would point firmly to the latter of those two options, Walesy.

At the risk of derailing the thread ...

If marijuana (available in food and to smoke), heroin, cocaine, lsd and MDMA were all legal, well produced and cheap enough that you could use and still afford to live off a normal job, like alcohol and smoking now, then I think you'd find that most people would happy with that.

Anyone who uses Ketamine are idiots anyhow. If you enjoy lying around thinking you're going to die ... good luck to you!

Red_Sash has as much credibility as Cerberus. Atleast Cerberus admitted he was wrong around August. The Red_Sash just deletes his tweets so people can't call him out.

Bottom line, he knows as much as we do

I'm pretty sure AOD was implied by a bunch of people as soon as it was mentioned in that ACC report.
He was the first to say the players were clear on AOD, it was confirmed on AFL360 after that. Not saying he knows everything but he has been correct and first with some things.

& on & on we go...

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/asada-hires-exjudge-for-nrl-afl-probes-20140203-31wt5.html

ASADA hires ex-judge for NRL, AFL probes

The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) has hired former Federal Court judge Garry Downes to help wrap up its long-running investigations into the AFL and NRL.

The federal government on Monday announced it had provided extra funding to ASADA for the appointment, which comes just four days short of a year since the probes wer
e launched.

Sports Minister Peter Dutton said Downes would review ASADA's investigations and provide it with a report on his findings by the end of April.

However, there was still no indication when the doping probes, which threaten to mar both codes for a second season, would be finalised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back