Review Cats sink Dockers by 11 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL website has nailed it . 9 things we learned over the round….. PRESSURE is the key to cats flag chances …… yes agree. Bring the intent of the last 5 quarters…. High pressure and fierce desire to tackle then we have a chance against anyone. If that drops off then season done pretty quickly.
Post needs more exclamation marks

The other thing that helped Banfield is that he didn't swing his elbow into Guthrie, which straight up removes the possible charge of striking because on it's own, elbowing isn't a classifiable offence

It wasn't a good look and it's definitely not something we want to see in our game, but under the current MRO & Tribunal rules, a fine is all he was going to get for that
Not as bad as Brian Lakes sleeper hold on Petrie but still a week for bringing the game into disrepute.There is no place for that in our game.

Clarke alongside Homes, Bruin, Demsee, Manner, Cornway, Neil, Henri and Humfrees would've been great to see though.

Go onto fan social issues and you'll see spellings of: Myers, Rowan, Steven & Stephens

Like seriously, if you can piece together a detailed post or comment, including correct grammar & punctuation, then take 5 seconds to learn the correct spelling of the players names

Go onto fan social issues and you'll see spellings of: Myers, Rowan, Steven & Stephens

Like seriously, if you can piece together a detailed post or comment, including correct grammar & punctuation, then take 5 seconds to learn the correct spelling of the players names

You often see people struggle with basic concepts like there, their and they're.....let alone get people's names right.

Last edited:

Just phenomenal that Dempsey, Humphries + Mannagh have glided into the team so seamlessly. Each has individual qualities + talents, which were needed by the team. A joy to see the results 😻

You often see people struggle with basic concepts like there, their and they're.....let's alone get people's names right.
Hope allrighty doesn’t this or his [sic] going to blow a gasket.

My absolute bête noir is too many people are unaware that the plural for there’s, is there are! Always write there’s too many stray cats, instead of there are too many stray cats.

HUGE win. Pressure IMMENSE. Second, third, fourth efforts all there.

Danger and Stewart in the last were great.

Mannagh, Dempsey, Humphries and Miers worked their arses off all game.

Neale split packs, kicked snags and made people accountable. Loved it.

Mullin did well as the sub - that long kick from HBF to F50 was fantastic.

Oliver Henry's defensive application went up. Jack Henry was back to his best at times.

Stanley played well. Blicavs played well. Bowes was ferocious.

Close was clever in the clinches.

Dangerfield though. Missed some gettable shots but absolutely destroyed Fremantle in the last.

Comparatively - Fyfe didn't even seem to be out there.
The fact he smashed us in the corresponding game last year shows how much we were lacking the middle.

Was there on Saturday. It was tense. Happy for Scratcher having a big game. There was a resignation from the Dockers that day that they're toast this season.

You often see people struggle with basic concepts like there, their and they're.....let's alone get people's names right.
There is no reason to use poor grammar, devices have a red dotted line under words that are wrong.

People just don’t care any more.

Whereas those who do care have some pleasure in their writing.

There is no reason to use poor grammar, devices have a red dotted line under words that are wrong.

People just don’t care any more.

Whereas those who do care have some pleasure in their writing.
A lot of people have learning disabilities. Just because a red line can tell a person something is wrong, doesn't mean their brain is programmed to understand how to fix that problem. I'd rather give people the benefit of the doubt that they are trying their best rather than assume everyone who struggles with English is merely careless. Besides, it's more often than not easy enough to understand what a person is trying to say, even if spelling or grammatical errors are present.

That Shaun Mannagh, looks like he's been at the club the last 6 season's, gee! where did he come from?
Brilliant tough fought win in the West.
@Play it Sam’s Boy 😻 has really followed his progress + so amazing to see Mannagh relish AFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of people have learning disabilities. Just because a red line can tell a person something is wrong, doesn't mean their brain is programmed to understand how to fix that problem. I'd rather give people the benefit of the doubt that they are trying their best rather than assume everyone who struggles with English is merely careless. Besides, it's more often than not easy enough to understand what a person is trying to say, even if spelling or grammatical errors are present.
Thank you ☺️ You’re absolutely correct. My mistake for neglecting to consider learning disabilities.

In my generation grammar, spelling + punctuation were sacrosanct. Although, I was in the form, where grammar stopped be taught. I think I’ve always regretted not knowing grammar. I love language + endeavour to it justice.

I taught children with learning disabilities + slap my head for being so rigid 🤣

That's a joke... should of got a week
🤷🏻‍♀️

Very good explanation from cats09

The other thing that helped Banfield is that he didn't swing his elbow into Guthrie, which straight up removes the possible charge of striking because on it's own, elbowing isn't a classifiable offence

It wasn't a good look and it's definitely not something we want to see in our game, but under the current MRO & Tribunal rules, a fine is all he was going to get for that

Oh I see…. Scarlo left so we got the cup….. haha got it.
I think the whole Missfits and Wolf Pack thing worked initially but became counter productive to the synergy for the whole team.
We became far better connected as a whole after that and played for each other magnificently in that 16 game winning streak in 2022.

Let's start a petition. All mods should be given iphone 15 Max, blue or pink. And chargers.
The least they could do!
Sadly, iPhone 15 Pro Max isn’t available in pink 😩 Had to settle for natural titanium. Whereas the pink is far more suited to my winter outfits

IMG_0144.jpeg

Hope allrighty doesn’t this or his [sic] going to blow a gasket.

My absolute bête noir is too many people are unaware that the plural for there’s, is there are! Always write there’s too many stray cats, instead of there are too many stray cats.
My spelling has always been atrocious to be perfectly honest I would not be here if it wasn't for spell check i've taken on the position over time that I really don't care to much about the spelling and punctuation in post from others (I'd be unlikely to pick it up mistakes anyway) or even whether they are correct or not for me the important things are it's coming from the heart and the content is meant to do no harm.

I think the whole Missfits and Wolf Pack thing worked initially but became counter productive to the synergy for the whole team.
We became far better connected as a whole after that and played for each other magnificently in that 16 game winning streak in 2022.
All on the same page.

My spelling has always been atrocious to be perfectly honest I would not be here if it wasn't for spell check i've taken on the position over time that I really don't care to much about the spelling and punctuation in post from others (I'd be unlikely to pick it up mistakes anyway) or even whether they are correct or not for me the important things are it's coming from the heart and the content is meant to do no harm.
Agree YPO
I wouldn’t correct anyone*.
We are beings with varying gifts, talents + strengths. I love reading different perspectives + to learn in many ways.

I’ll add, language is important to me, as I studied Speech + Drama at Trinity College London.

*Except allrighty - we share a love of language + we have a laugh when we correct one another. Although, only once for me, in all the years I’ve known him 😉

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats sink Dockers by 11 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back