Review Cats sink Dockers by 11 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of you would go insane working in the school system now.
I'm a secondary school teacher and literacy (spelling and grammar) are scarily low and it's really hard to teach, among other reasons.
Thank **** I resigned though 😎
When the parents (and possibly their parents) are also products of a dysfunctional system makes it almost impossible to correct.
Brave new world. :rolleyes:

I was told again and again by people on this board that Caddy wasn't a key forward before the draft because of his height 🤷‍♂️
1cm shorter than Charlie Curnow, we see he has a leap but I wonder how the wingspan compares.

Where did Caddy play at junior level? Was he always a forward?

agreed - COS looks very good at VFL level and is developing nicely IMO.

You can see her reads the play very well, goes when he needs to and is very well skilled.

But he's been given the time to learn. Caddy is doing great too and we got Mitch Edwards who could be anything as well.

GO CAtters

It seems there's often early hype with the high-ish draft picks at other clubs compared with Geelong youngsters, but wonder how much of that is to do with them being thrown into the seniors early on while we seem happy to allow that time to develop in the VFL first

We've shown that we don't mind giving them an early taste of senior football, and sometimes they'll hold their spot and other times it's back to they VFL

We shouldn't view it as a negative when a draftee spends their first year or two in the VFL learning their trade as that's also about them learning our systems, allowing them time to grow into their adult bodies and best prepare them for the rigors of senior football

It seems there's often early hype with the high-ish draft picks at other clubs compared with Geelong youngsters, but wonder how much of that is to do with them being thrown into the seniors early on while we seem happy to allow that time to develop in the VFL first

We've shown that we don't mind giving them an early taste of senior football, and sometimes they'll hold their spot and other times it's back to they VFL

We shouldn't view it as a negative when a draftee spends their first year or two in the VFL learning their trade as that's also about them learning our systems, allowing them time to grow into their adult bodies and best prepare them for the rigors of senior football
Also one of the ‘problems’ of always being in contention is that we don’t have a solid block of low consequence games that can give a younger guy time to marinate in a senior environment. Particularly a key position ( injuries notwithstanding)
I think in that context the MC has done well over the journey.

Looks good. A bit like Jack Gunston who has been a star.

O'Sullivan has the size and the tantalising prospect of becoming another Harris Andrews.
Christ imagine the melts. How often do we have AA defenders just locking down a spot. Scarlett was AA for ages, then Enright joined him in the AA team quite a bit, HT was in and out quite a few times with them, then we had a lull before Stewart locked down a spot and then if O'Sullivan comes in and locks down the FB or CHB spot we will be laughing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats sink Dockers by 11 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back