Pets Cats v Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs. Dogs look up to man while cats look down on man. This is what my father a proud Macedonian tell me when he was exterminating a litter of stupid kittens which decided to get borned in our backyard back in the motherland.

Yes because the kittens totally chose your backyard...maybe people should be more responsible for their friggen pets and get their goddamn cat/dog desexed then maybe there will be less of what you just wrote happening!!

Dogs!

They clearly are man's best friend. Here's a test you should try.

1. Lock your Dog in the boot of the car
2. Lock your wife/ girlfriend in the boot of another car
3. wait for an hour
4. Open both boots at the same time and observe result

Dogs!

3. wait for an hour

I would never do this to my dogs. I did however once lock my wife in the cupboard for 12 hours because she refused to worship my poster of Hristo Stoitchkov. She worships it now ;)

You can't grab a cats face and playfight with it. Throw a frisbee or kick a soccer ball and have it bring it back. A cat won't back you up in a fight or chase away an intruder. A dog is a mans best friend and a true sidekick for life.

Dogs>>>>>>>>Cats>>Small Dogs.
There highlights the difference in terms of owners and their needs.

Cat people don't require their pet to protect them, fight for them, lead them, or be 'useful' in any real way other than companionship.

Perhaps cat owners are less needy in that regard. They're quite willing to have a pet that can do it's own thing for the majority of it's day, and then catch up at some point.
Whereas a lot of dog owners seem to see their dog as an extension of themselves.

Dogs do not ruin your lawn by using it as a toilet... All it means is that you have to pick it up. (Which isn't that hard!)

Cats ruin your garden by digging it up.

Also labradoodle ftw!:thumbsu:

http://cdn-

Picking up after 2 dogs isn't my idea of fun. Ever seen a grown woman almost gagging in a back yard trying to pick up dog doo doo. Luckily I have a big back yard and they usually go up the back for number 2's and the sun dries it out fairly quickly, though If I'm around I hose it into the grass. Also, as we've had more rain than God lately it gets washed away. Win Win.

I prefer dogs but have had cats as a pet in the past. It's apples and oranges really. Nothing more soothing than a cat on your lap purring away contented with life while you watch TV. My dogs flop on the floor for zzzzzzzzzzzz's while I stretch out on the couch. Treat them good and they will give you joy no matter what.[/quote]

I didn't say it was fun but if you do it the right way it is not the hardest job out there. ;):p

Dogs!

3. wait for an hour

lol:thumbsu:

This actually has said a lot about dog people. Seems like an insecure bunch who need constant attention and affection themselves!

My cats do give affection, not all the time. One of them comes out to greet me when I get home, gives a meow, a rub on the leg, and away he goes. Doesnt jump all over me, lick, slobber, bark... :cool:

If they get bored, well having 2 is handy, cause they just beat the shit out of each other. Great for a laugh :thumbsu:

When I'm on the couch at night, I've usually got at least one cat curled up next to me. They're not here for my entertainment, they're my mates :)

I get sick of turning dogs away...the dont take the hint, but the ones I deal with are not trained properly either (which tbh is something I wouldnt have patience for if I owned one, so I wont!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My new little Staffy, 6 weeks old today :D

p1000432j.jpg

Needs a name...suggestions welcome (Its a bloke, btw!)

Collingwood supporter
Dog born in a premiership year
"Maxwell"

'Married' to a St Kilda girl... She would accpet Max for Hudghton, but thats just not the same!

Dogs by a mile for me.
Im not liking the small dog hate though. I have a pretty small dog (fox terrier x jack russel), and i have previously had a big dog (kelpie x border collie), and while I have loved both, I prefer my smaller dog.
She is the most loving dog I have ever met, and is really smart. She loves to have a lie down with you, follow you around, all that stuff.
Its sometimes annoying how she always wants to share food though. But once I finish I just say "all gone" and put my arms to the side, she immediately starts wagging her tail crazily, comes up on my chest and pretty much hugs and kisses me :p

I used to have a Siamese cat. She was ok. Nothing compared to a dog though.

Dogs you can have fun walking them, and playing with them, and doing heaps of stuff, where a cat just sits there really.

The next dog I plan on getting will be a Samoyed. So fluffy :p

I have a friend who I have known for 12 or so years, been to his house countless times, yet when I went there the other week, I saw a cat. I asked him how long he had had it, and he told me about 10 years. I was amazed

Yeah, some small dogs are great. We're in an apartment so we didn't want to get anything too big. We decided on a Boston Terrier and he's awesome! They are more related to bulldogs than terriers but he's only about 7-8 kilos. He's not yappy at all, loves to be roughed up and will play with big dogs just fine.

He's only 8 months and he's the first dog I've owned. We have a cat too but the dog is just more fun. Both have their advantages and disadvantages though.

Dogs by a mile for me.
Im not liking the small dog hate though. I have a pretty small dog (fox terrier x jack russel), and i have previously had a big dog (kelpie x border collie), and while I have loved both, I prefer my smaller dog.
She is the most loving dog I have ever met, and is really smart. She loves to have a lie down with you, follow you around, all that stuff.
Its sometimes annoying how she always wants to share food though. But once I finish I just say "all gone" and put my arms to the side, she immediately starts wagging her tail crazily, comes up on my chest and pretty much hugs and kisses me :p

I used to have a Siamese cat. She was ok. Nothing compared to a dog though.

Dogs you can have fun walking them, and playing with them, and doing heaps of stuff, where a cat just sits there really.

The next dog I plan on getting will be a Samoyed. So fluffy :p

I have a friend who I have known for 12 or so years, been to his house countless times, yet when I went there the other week, I saw a cat. I asked him how long he had had it, and he told me about 10 years. I was amazed

Don't you love it when your dogs watch every morsel go into your mouth. I do something similar with my hands held out wide with a "all gone no more" comment.

Due to the floods south of me the supermarket shelves have been a bit erratic to say the least though yesterday I managed to buy a whole supply of dog bones/chicken necks and frames but I was a bit amazed at a comment I received "better stock up now as food prices are going up up and up" When it comes to my woofers I don't care.

Samoyed's are beautiful gentle dogs but hard work, need constant grooming, lots of exercise and they really feel the heat. Have a friend who had one years ago and if you don't keep up to speed with the grooming the coat gets all matted then it's clip the coat back time.

My suggestion for a name for the staffy pup is Milo, short and sweet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pets Cats v Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back