Racing Caulfield Cup 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Anything staring out for value ?

Hard to say because if Appleby sends anything it will be the 2-1 favourite so have to factor that unknown in

Play is probably to just sit and wait to see if he commits with anything and then just get on that. Silver Knott is the one Id most like to see in the race

I had Riff Rocket on top
Probably say at this point Fawkner Park

Place Du Carrousel probably my top seed at the moment unseen coming out of the Sydney WFA races.

Saint George, Adelaide River, Sayedaty, Royal Supremecy and Que Tempesta probably all interest me more at decent odds at the moment. Top end of the market pretty short

Saint George much like Durston. Not really 50kg because if he is to get into the field he will be getting a penalty somewhere and carry more

Fawkner Park the one I think has been completely exposed by the handicapper. His level for me is not a 55kg horse.

Sayedaty Sedaty in well if he can sneak into the race
Adelaide River nicely weighted if he could get back to his best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Post weight rankings

1. PLACE DU CARROUSEL - Gets in reasonably with 54 and looks a WFA type coming through which is what you want.
2. SAINT GEORGE - In on the minimum and needs to pass the ballot still but hopefully wins on the weekend to take care of that.
3. ADELIADE RIVER - Really good run in the Chelmsford over a trip way too short. In really well on his Euro form with 53.
4. QUE TEMPESTA - Probably going to look really well in with 53 if he keeps running well in races here around Saint George. Mile and a half really in his sweet spot so should keep getting better.
5. SAYEDATY SEDATY - Might be pushing it to get a run but in really light and his Derby run was very good and even his Gordon Stakes run doesn't read terrible running 3rd to Jan Brueghel and Bellum Justum who have both since won well. Travelled well in that race but just looked out stayed at the end.
6. ROYAL SUPREMECY - Another reasonable 3yo getting in light but will be a push to get in a presume.
7. WARMONGER - Good off season 2400m form and returned with a nice run at WFA but way too short now for me to back.
8. COCO SUN - Brings in the Warmonger form so if I like one probably throw the other in at this stage. First up run was a a pass over a trip far too short and awfully weighted/
9. WARP SPEED - Will likely find the 2400m too short but has more class than most and will be strong through the line.
10. FAWKNER PARK - Too much weight but easier to handle that at Caulfield than Flemington so has to squeeze into the bottom of the top 10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Racing Caulfield Cup 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back