Caulfield First XVIII 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Rover Tommy Sundberg kicked this ripper yesterday, breaking two tackles then nailing it with a snap from the impossible angle on the boundary on his left.

[youtube]2ep9JvLqs_U[/youtube]

SouthSwans aka. Rex Hunt behind the microphone.

we've heard alot of brighton kids give theri full accounts of the game. id be intersted to hear a substaintial breif on what southswans thought. souths, who weould u give 5,4,3,2,1 votes to for caulfield and why? and who did u think let the team down?
Out of our players:
5. Stewart (by a kittens whisker from Hugh) - was the reason BGS only won by as much as they did, would've been 5-6 goal margin if not for his marking prescence across half back. 18 effective touches.
4. Sandilands - 22 pos, when he went back in the 2nd half he turned the game back in CGS's favour
3. Duryea - this guy was the biggest positive from yesterday, 19 pos, 9 marks, only in year ten, #15 for those of you who were there
2. Sundberg - was double teamed all day and was still fantastic, 21 possesions and 2 goals - one, as shown above is a contender for the APS's goal of the year.
1. Breen - although some of his possesions were turnovers he had two goal assists in his 22 possesions

Players who had quietish days:
Sinclair, Yaman - by his standards (still kicked 3), McArdle, Axais, Kremmer, Penberthy. There were others that I cant think of.

Overall there seemed like there was a generic complacency amongst the group... we got ahead of ourselves before the match and I know for a fact the boys copped a belting at half time for it by the coaching staff. Kicking for goal was another problem. We had four more scoring shots than Brighton and still managed to lose. Opportunities should've been converted from Johnston, Nash, Kremmer and a few others, but really the attitude didnt seem right from word go. Full credit to Brighton for capitalising on that, excellent win by them, it was fair to say they were big underdogs which makes it all the more team-lifting for their group, and it should kick-start BGS into the season.

tilly yarman is a great player that had a bad day....

look at chris daws last year, 3 pos for the whole game...and he was your cap!

do not hang it on him

Yeh everybody has a bad game every now and then, but people are hanging it on him because of the dialogue thats been written on him about what he said prior to this game... (The now famous quote about 8 or 9 goals..)

Not once would Dawes make such a arrogent comment or be so undisiplined.

If your are going to come out and make those comments you have to be able to back them up, so im sure tilly will be thinking again next time he wants to talk himself up or underrate a oppisition, doesnt matter who it is

No one in there right mind would write Caulfield off

Sandilands was a joy to watch and there were many more a player who displayed skill for Caulfield

It's just that theres been quite the number of posts saying how cake walk this game would be, and clearly, it wasn't...

what is going on with your coach down there at caulfield . Why do they play ziebell at half back he's the best forward going around . i saw him kick 9 goals in a half of football and a rep game at that . he played chf in a state team and caulfield play him at half back no wonder they wont win it .

what is going on with your coach down there at caulfield . Why do they play ziebell at half back he's the best forward going around . i saw him kick 9 goals in a half of football and a rep game at that . he played chf in a state team and caulfield play him at half back no wonder they wont win it .
south swan...care to comment on this?

i think i will go too far

yeah i may leave that one alone as well.... knowing that the school's higher powers regularly check this site, even constructive criticism may land me in strife.....
south swan is very right here....but EVERYONE knows at caulfield what is up with the coach...

its unfortinate....for the players and supporters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What numbers are the better players?
I might head east to watch this one.
Not playing myself - broken hand two weeks ago.

Thanks,
I showed the sundberg goal to Melbourne recruiters today.
Great skill - particularly considering kids are taught to run towards the goal and release quickly. He showed remarkable poise and awareness of where the opposition were and skewed his run until the last moment when he popped it through.
Champion in the making.

I went down and watched the CGS v BGS with both schools having a large amount of supporters. Great game to watch, bit scrappy due to the pressure but tilly yaman has to walk to walk if his gonna talk to talk. Bad game? maybe... was kept to 3 goals but his player scored more disposals. I think Stobart is just as good as "Bulldog" and has been at the school a lot longer and was tough not to get picked.

I went down and watched the CGS v BGS with both schools having a large amount of supporters. Great game to watch, bit scrappy due to the pressure but tilly yaman has to walk to walk if his gonna talk to talk. Bad game? maybe... was kept to 3 goals but his player scored more disposals. I think Stobart is just as good as "Bulldog" and has been at the school a lot longer and was tough not to get picked.
Nah, Bulldog will get drafted, Diddy's good but not that good.

I think bulldog has more talent than diddy and a lot of other good players but diddy will soon catch up as his work rate is a lot higher, and bulldog seems to be a tad cocky.
Who is this?? Have you actually seen either one of them play or are you just good mates with Did? Even he would admit that Bulldog is better.

Thanks,
I showed the sundberg goal to Melbourne recruiters today.
Great skill - particularly considering kids are taught to run towards the goal and release quickly. He showed remarkable poise and awareness of where the opposition were and skewed his run until the last moment when he popped it through.
Champion in the making.
davo, ive heard there have been a few clubs looking at sunberg? what are his chances of getting drafted of rookied or any caulfield player for that matter? cheers

great goal by sundberg...loved the call southswans...lmao

"listen to the fans"..."tommy sundberg...goal of the year"....lmao

Remove this Banner Ad

Caulfield First XVIII 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Back