Central Highlands Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have heard that Beauforts Andrew Burchell may be on the move this year...Can anyone confirm or deny these rumours...He is certainly a player that could/should be playing at a higher level than Central Highlands...
I believe his kineisiology studies have taken him to melbourne, last i heard was going to play at Port in the VFL

yea thats him i saw him playing in a practice match over christmas he was in good shape played half a game at chf has grown a bit and gotten a fair bit fitter but dunno how he will go against the likes of ablett

Honestly your talking rubbish. Tell me what club has a practice match over Xmas..... NO side, not even AFL sides do, and no other club would arrange a practice match and most clubs probably wouldnt have more than a 10 a side game a sthe most they would have at training is around 20. Plus players are not conditioned at that stage to play games... liar!

Craig has some ability and plenty of potential, but as senior coach last year of Learmonth he has a long way to go before he would play seniors in the CHFL not to even consider div 1 in Queensland. Im gathering your a mate of his by writing all this- Quick pointers of improvement- Work ethic, attitude....Massive pre-seson to lose 10-15 kg. If he does this, im sure he will become a good senior footballer. From last seeing him he is a long way a way from that....

Whats going on with the new CHFL website? The old one looked alot better. And the new one has half the amount of info. :thumbsdown:

Yeah it looks pretty average doesnt it, hopefully they havent finished uploading all the information....but it is the CHFL we're talking about here!

The CHFL website has always been under-utilised compared to other leagues' sites, its about time they get up with technology a bit more and offer more online material.

The sooner the CHFL becomes administrated under the BFL/LPFL system the better......

Its not as bad once your familiar with it. Club's are able to put as much into the club section as they want. Checking them out Creswicks is :thumbsu:.

The sooner the CHFL becomes administrated under the BFL/LPFL system the better......

Obviously a Daylesford supporter who wants to return to the BFL, because if the CHFL is ever under the same administration as the BFL it will be the end of the competition as we know it. Be careful what you wish for

Obviously a Daylesford supporter who wants to return to the BFL, because if the CHFL is ever under the same administration as the BFL it will be the end of the competition as we know it. Be careful what you wish for

The CHFL is run by NIMWITS! To make this league better we need more professional and football savvy people running the competition. The ones currently in charge are as old as a 1 cent piece.

The league needs to become more professional off teh field to improve and starting by regularly posting information and updates on the website is a start.

How wouyld it be the end of the competion? At present we are 3rd in line for umpires because the CHFL wont support the umpire association meaning some of our games are not umpired? That will be the end of our competition when we have none and have to do it ourselves?

What strategies are the current NIMWITS doing to help clubs out with drought relief, umpire shortages etc....NOTHING!

Has nothing to do about where I come from. The make-up of the league is great, its just run by muppets. You cant tell me the state of the CHFL administration is healthy? Old, tired, out-of-date, the list goes on. Going into the BFL/LPFL system would solve everything, Employed professional staff who would clean-up the sorry state things are currently in

Has nothing to do about where I come from. The make-up of the league is great, its just run by muppets. You cant tell me the state of the CHFL administration is healthy? Old, tired, out-of-date, the list goes on. Going into the BFL/LPFL system would solve everything, Employed professional staff who would clean-up the sorry state things are currently in

only problem the bfl is all about the bfl they dont like the chfl getting big crowds.if the bfl prelim was on saturday they wood put the chfl granny on sunday ,thats just my opinion,the league needs younger people at the helm

only problem the bfl is all about the bfl they dont like the chfl getting big crowds.if the bfl prelim was on saturday they wood put the chfl granny on sunday ,thats just my opinion,the league needs younger people at the helm

I'm sure those issues would sort themselves out if/when they arised.

IMO a system similar to Football Geelong would be the go. Have league operational officers for each three leagues, a clearance/registration officer(or 2) to sort out those time consuming areas, and of course CEO to see over it all. Obviously $$$,resources etc are an issue, but if the CHFL doesnt act and comes up to speed with how the BFL/LPFL operates, it will be left behind in this department.

The CHFL website is a dog.

Speaking of droughts, how are the grounds fairing at the moment. They must be rock hard. What chance grounds are ready and safe for footy by April 18. A couple of years ago the start of the season was delayed due to the grounds being unsafe, crrect me if I'm wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of droughts, how are the grounds fairing at the moment. They must be rock hard. What chance grounds are ready and safe for footy by April 18. A couple of years ago the start of the season was delayed due to the grounds being unsafe, crrect me if I'm wrong.

"crrect" yep, your wrong, correct word is correct!

Im not being biast, but our oval (Bungaree) would have to be the best oval in the whole country area (Including bfl ovals). dont believe me? come drive past and have a look yourself

Maybe we should send Andyt31 out for another drive and give us a full report on ground conditions. I am sure with his hectic social life he would be able to fit it in. I for one would love an update on the status of the flag holders on goal posts.

I'm sure those issues would sort themselves out if/when they arised.

IMO a system similar to Football Geelong would be the go. Have league operational officers for each three leagues, a clearance/registration officer(or 2) to sort out those time consuming areas, and of course CEO to see over it all. Obviously $$$,resources etc are an issue, but if the CHFL doesnt act and comes up to speed with how the BFL/LPFL operates, it will be left behind in this department.
Don't know if you have had much to do with footy in Geelong but the admin is run on similar lines as footy in Ballarat. There are 2 leagues (GFL & Bellarine) that are run and managed by Football Geelong with the GDFL having a seperate identity. The guys at Footy Geelong are paid employees whilst most of the people at the GDFL are volunteers or remunerated at a lower level. Each runs differently with both methods having its pros and cons.

As others have said it is not the structure of the CHFL that is holding it back it is that the administartion are from a different generation, however how many young people are putting their hand up to do the job on a volunteer basis similar to the current administrators.

Learmonth you may be biaised in your opinion as isn't your brother on the league executive for the BFL or is his a football victoria role?

Any more news on recruiting? Surely with all clubs back on the track now there will have been some new faces, and some possible names flying around.

Don't know if you have had much to do with footy in Geelong but the admin is run on similar lines as footy in Ballarat. There are 2 leagues (GFL & Bellarine) that are run and managed by Football Geelong with the GDFL having a seperate identity. The guys at Footy Geelong are paid employees whilst most of the people at the GDFL are volunteers or remunerated at a lower level. Each runs differently with both methods having its pros and cons.

As others have said it is not the structure of the CHFL that is holding it back it is that the administartion are from a different generation, however how many young people are putting their hand up to do the job on a volunteer basis similar to the current administrators.

Learmonth you may be biaised in your opinion as isn't your brother on the league executive for the BFL or is his a football victoria role?

Na Tim hasnt been involved in Football since he resigned from the Football Operations Managers position of AFLNT. He was the football operations manager before that for 3 years which is about 5 years ago.

Its just basic things like our football record which is crap, ability to support clubs, lack of forethinking in home finals etc for sides in finals thatend higher on the ladder. Not setting a draw where sides play on Sundays to help the umpires out, and ensuring 1 game last year was not umpired? Probbaly will be more this year unless they support the umpire association. The websire is a disgrace, with no up to date information.... Compare that to the BFL and LPFL and we are in the dark ages...League medal night is dull and boring..Only a vote count. All grades besides seniors should be counted to half way mark, have a guest speaker of interest, maybe some clippings of games on a powerpoint slide, live band after the count to add a little bit of excitement.... and then teh price they charge may be adequate...

Any more news on recruiting? Surely with all clubs back on the track now there will have been some new faces, and some possible names flying around.
I drove past newlyn training last night and they had two blokes running around like they had been at kfc for a little too long. Other than them two guns i didn't see much. Have heard waubra have picked up a few and also ballan have at least four or five coming.

I drove past newlyn training last night and they had two blokes running around like they had been at kfc for a little too long. Other than them two guns i didn't see much. Have heard waubra have picked up a few and also ballan have at least four or five coming.

I'm sure all hepburn players are a model of fitness and good living. There out ther having a crack, good on em!

I'm sure all hepburn players are a model of fitness and good living. There out ther having a crack, good on em!
Gee mate, i reckon you have just offended all Hepburn people like no other. Queer of sheba is a Daylesford person who hates Newlyn and Hepburn. Noticed with interest how the Daylesford people were abusing the Hepburn president about wanting thier home game. Am i mistaken in that Daylesford played Hepburn at home in last round, so next year the return game should be at Hepburn. Sounded like common sence to me, or am i missing something.

Yeah sorry my mistake, the "sheen" had his location as hepburn, thought it made sense thats who he followed. Why would you live in Hepburn and support daylesford?? Anyhow, I'm sure daylesford boys are all fit even the twos. I reckon all clubs have a few bigger boys not quite fit, big deal, there out there having a go and everyone having a go regardless of their fitness or skill level is what makes country footy great.
Why does the "sheen" hate Newlyn, does Newlyn run out pies by the time the twos finish? Just kidding. Why do you hate Newlyn??

"Hawks" It works a little different up here mate. Some blokes live in Hepburn and some live in Daylesford and a lot play for the other team.

No one ever travels down to Newlyn unless they are trying to prove a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back