Central Highlands Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a little hypothetical for you Mr Sheen. If say a Learmonth or Newlyn or Ballan for example decided it was all to hard in the CHFL, so moved to Lexton or MCDFL, and won a flag, would anyone in this league think highly of them. NO. So that is why the Ballarats, Redans, Sebastopols etc over here do not rate your football club. Your spa neighbour is completely different however. They may have money, but at least they work thier ar*e off to get it. Unlike your club which just waits for the next millionaire to drive into town so you can make him president. As in Goulet and Thursk. For once in your life post something positive. You are a foul mouthed pessimist. Also, Sean Smith is confirmed as a signing, had a very reasonable AFL career with Melbourne and North, including 51 goals in 1995, so even though he is 39 and you dont know who he is, i will definately be taking the trip out Newlyn to watch him play. Good luck to him. Merry Christmas every body.
Off the topic again di*k head. You're dribbling absolute sh*t. Why don't you go give sean smith a good old fashioned rub and tug whilst your out there. Thirsk, not Thursk. Great call. Cant wait to see you up at victoria park when sean smith is up there getting run off his old weary legs, by some kid they grab out of the under 18s. See how much of a hack he really is.

Off the topic again di*k head. You're dribbling absolute sh*t. Why don't you go give sean smith a good old fashioned rub and tug whilst your out there. Thirsk, not Thursk. Great call. Cant wait to see you up at victoria park when sean smith is up there getting run off his old weary legs, by some kid they grab out of the under 18s. See how much of a hack he really is.

Has karl bogbie from chokewood signed with bungaree$$$$

So going by your argument of playing at the higher league, Shaun Smith will be head and shoulders above everyone else next year? Played against the best over a long period.
Of course your going to say that Sam should test himself at BFL level, its in your best interests not to have to contend with him anymore. You rated Sam in the top 3, so who are the other two you have in mind ? Please don't tell me it's Veldhuis and Gudgeon... good players both of them, and maybe we are both a little bit biased, but the one thing Sam Newton has done is dominate key forwards consistantly since his arrival in 2004, the bigger the game or contest the better he is. Not just a stopper either, he is a very attacking player. And have i mentioned the 3 premiership medalions he has around his neck for his efforts....As i said , we have signed all our senior premiership players of 2008, thats old news. At a lot of other clubs, players would be made to stay with their club against their will, if for some reason they change their mind. The club will never get the best out of that player in the coming year. No point in holding a player against his will IF he has a valid reason for leaving , and IF he REALLY wants to go.
* the other player you mentioned, what i have said previously is, we have signed all our senior players that are required for 2009.
As for Andy's JEEP. You are starting to look a bit foolish harping on about this one... sure he drives one... but i also own a Malvern Star push bike, does that mean the club bought it for me..
Still enjoying the taste of a premiership... But you wouldn't know what thats like Learmonth, you blokes still havn't got their yet. ( now there's sarcasm for you )
To gothelakers, our web site is www.hepburnburras.com.au

Smith will go okay, I dont think he will kill the competition but a lot depends on his supply. Supposedly played in the EDFL last season which is a very strong competion. Not sure how he went though.

My best backman (And my opinion) is Jacob Ewart from Beaufort, originally Nth Ballarat. Seen him play at VFL and CHFl and I rate the guy highly.

at least he is a HAS BEEN
you're a NEVER WAS!

The third brother is Gerard and he is by far the best of the 3 brothers. Hasn't played for a couple of seasons and works for the Hawthorn football club so I cant really see him leaving there to play for Bungaree. Has also battled injuries and doubt his body would hold up for a whole season.

There are actually 4 brick brothers. Oldest and most credentialed is David but hasnt played for a couple years. played two senior premierships with sunbury and is a ballarat football league representative. Gerard probably wont play due to hawthorn commitments so id say 3rd brick could be david?? All will be servicable players in the CHFL

See Buninyong listing their recruits in todays paper. A couple of good ones but hope they aren't relying on Mick Phelan for resurection. An Ok mid range senior player.

Yeah what a pack of big heads blowing there own horn. Sounds like their a bit short of recruits because I no for a fact Jack Dignan(Awesome player/top bloke), is heading off to Darwin and around Australia for at least 6 months. The bunnies GF hopes leave on an Airplane on Fri ND of Dec. Lies...

Sam Newton is in the top 3 players that I have ever played with or against and I have been fortunate enough to play in four different leagues at senior level- two leagues that are considered MAJOR! An absolute freak player who is the ultimate TEAM man....
STOP kidding yourself peoples- Hepburn would have made the Granny the year he was overseas had he been there..... a massive part of the side. Now thats a bloke worth a JEEP!!!!

Sam Newton is in the top 3 players that I have ever played with or against and I have been fortunate enough to play in four different leagues at senior level- two leagues that are considered MAJOR! An absolute freak player who is the ultimate TEAM man....
STOP kidding yourself peoples- Hepburn would have made the Granny the year he was overseas had he been there..... a massive part of the side. Now thats a bloke worth a JEEP!!!!
I know he was young when he left Darley, but he was no where near the freak class. He has improved a hell of a lot however.
Hopefully he steps up a level this year and plays for Darley and we can see his improvement as he tests himself against better players. I think he is up for the challenge and the time is right.

Gday fellas.

Can anyone give me any info on a young kid from Dunnstown that played a fair bit of senior footy in '08? His name is Bryce Millane, the young bloke has moved to North East Vic and is looking for a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone give me any info on a young kid from Dunnstown that played a fair bit of senior footy in '08? His name is Bryce Millane, the young bloke has moved to North East Vic and is looking for a game.[/quote]

Yeah not a bad young player....Played most of the year in the ones and has a crack for a player of his age and size....The few games i have seen him play he went alright so yeah he would be a handy recruit

Gday fellas.

Can anyone give me any info on a young kid from Dunnstown that played a fair bit of senior footy in '08? His name is Bryce Millane, the young bloke has moved to North East Vic and is looking for a game.

drench him, very lightly built

Been away from Central Highlands footy for a couple of years, just starting to take an interest again. Who are the teams to beat this year, who will make the finals and who will win the Grand Final.
Have any teams announced any big name recruits? Off topic a bit, I notice after reading some of the threads that there is a bit of conflict within the Hepburn Club, what the hell is that all about?? I can understand a bit of conflict between clubs but nothing like this within a club.

Cheers,

I know he was young when he left Darley, but he was no where near the freak class. He has improved a hell of a lot however.
Hopefully he steps up a level this year and plays for Darley and we can see his improvement as he tests himself against better players. I think he is up for the challenge and the time is right.

Sam Newton officially signed with the devils last night at Training.
Great to have a local junior back and the club is very excited!!!

Sam Newton officially signed with the devils last night at Training.
Great to have a local junior back and the club is very excited!!!

Well there goes Timmy's theory on all Hepburn GF players all signing on! Your honestly losing your credibility on this site Timmy. You have to stop pumping Hepburn's tyres up everytime you get a chance.

Been away from Central Highlands footy for a couple of years, just starting to take an interest again. Who are the teams to beat this year, who will make the finals and who will win the Grand Final.
Have any teams announced any big name recruits? Off topic a bit, I notice after reading some of the threads that there is a bit of conflict within the Hepburn Club, what the hell is that all about?? I can understand a bit of conflict between clubs but nothing like this within a club.

Cheers,

looks to be a vast improvement across the league this year with not too many teams going backwards. my take on each club from rumors and what ive heard is as follows

Hepburn-Look to have lost very few, altho Newton will be a big loss if thats true. Don't know that they have recruited many but they were such a force in 08 that they'll be favourites for 09 regardless.
Prediction; 1-3
Daylesford-Haven't heard anything concrete about the dogs altho there are rumors are flying around of a few big losses. always a strong club however and should be thereabouts come september
Prediction; 2-5
Learmonth- Not far off in 08 and look to have signed a few in 09. Genuine threats if they can generate some consistancy.
Prediction; 1-3
Waubra-Will be the droppers in 09 of the top sides imo. Haven't heard much in the way of recruiting and may have lost a few. Some good young kids coming through however.
Prediction; 4-8
Buninyong-Have been talked about a bit over the off-season but rumor has it DenOuden is going overseas and some of the recruits may not be as handy as talked up. Still a big dark horse in 2009 with plenty of depth they'll be amongst the finalists i think.
Prediction; 4-7
Dunnstown-seem to have lost big numbers on the other side of the mountain and may struggle to see september action in 09. perhaps the big sliders of the year?
Prediction; 6-9
Bungaree-Just the two losses from the Bunga side in 09 and a host of new blood in both kids and recruits see the demons as a virtual unknown. Should be there september. Will either be the big improvers or big disappoinment of 09
Prediction; 3-7
Beaufort-The crows have signed a few good players over the summer as well as regaining dual StPatrick's College Best and Fairest and former Rebel Ben Hayes back to the ranks. Should be a part of the finals race in 09
Prediction; 5-9
Newlyn-New coaching panel including Ex-Daylesford premiership coach Phil Davis and Former AFL star Shaun Smith should see the Cats thereabouts in 09 as well. Similar to Bungaree in the unknown of how they'll perform this season but should be thereabouts.
Prediction; 3-7
Ballan-Have been rumored to be recruiting well but may be well behind the 8ball in terms of making the finals.
Prediction; 9-11
Clunes-Haven't heard much of Clunes over the off-season although i'm sure Kinnersly will have them in much better shape than 08. Tough to see them posing any real threat however.
Prediction; 9-12
Gordon-Showed a bit from the youth in 08 and have plenty of young talent coming through. Too early for them to become a force yet but 6 wins would be a realistic target.
Prediction; 9-14
Springbank-Hit the track before any other club in 09 and heard to be offering a bit of coin but the Tigers will need something special to lift them off the bottom and into finals contention. Unknown on how far up they'll come but finals would appear unlikely
Prediction; 10-14
Creswick-Not much happening for the wickers this year if reports are true. Will struggle this year.
Prediction; 13-14

Hopefully that gets some speculation about 2009 going, been a bit quiet around here lately

Sounds like the league is in good health especially with Daylesford on board. How even is the league, are the top couple of teams head and shoulders above the rest. Would be interested to hear how Waubra and Beaufort are going, can they push the top sides. Am hearing also that Waubra will lose of couple of players but Beaufort have managed to hold onto most of their players. Not been back in Vic, its good to hear all the rumours regardless of whether they have no resemblance to the truth. Wil be interestng to see if Shaun Smith can still take a grab!!

Sounds like the league is in good health especially with Daylesford on board. How even is the league, are the top couple of teams head and shoulders above the rest. Would be interested to hear how Waubra and Beaufort are going, can they push the top sides. Am hearing also that Waubra will lose of couple of players but Beaufort have managed to hold onto most of their players. Not been back in Vic, its good to hear all the rumours regardless of whether they have no resemblance to the truth. Wil be interestng to see if Shaun Smith can still take a grab!!

Have heard of Waubra losing a couple but they have also gained a fair few. I also heard they have picked up a few guns as well and keeping very low key about it all. They will be right up there this year and a big threat come finals time IMO.

Beaufort will be there abouts this year. They are having a decent crack at recruits.

Have heard of Waubra losing a couple but they have also gained a fair few. I also heard they have picked up a few guns as well and keeping very low key about it all. They will be right up there this year and a big threat come finals time IMO.

Beaufort will be there abouts this year. They are having a decent crack at recruits.

Who have the waubra boys lost?

Well there goes Timmy's theory on all Hepburn GF players all signing on! Your honestly losing your credibility on this site Timmy. You have to stop pumping Hepburn's tyres up everytime you get a chance.
Don't know about losing credibility... but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I will go to my grave knowing that our GF senior 22, all agreed to terms for the 09 season. That still doesn't stop other clubs trying to poach whatever they can.. that's the name of the game..we all do that..
Very disapointing, that Sam wants to return to Darley, he is a champion footballer and a champion bloke. The club wishes him the best of luck in his endeavors wanting to play a higher standard of football, and there is no doubt he will succeed at that level. The match up against Dan Jordan will be a beauty. ( he doesn't fail against the big opponents ). Don't forget, we could be a pack of pricks and refuse his clearance, after all isn't that what most clubs do? So without trying to pump up our tyres too much ... We are better than going down that track. You treat your senior premiership members with respect, especially when you consider everything Sam has done for us over the years. ( you cant replace a Sam Newton, he is the whole package, and the people within our club know what i mean by that ) Who knows he might return to the Burra again one day.

Don't know about losing credibility... but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I will go to my grave knowing that our GF senior 22, all agreed to terms for the 09 season. That still doesn't stop other clubs trying to poach whatever they can.. that's the name of the game..we all do that..
Very disapointing, that Sam wants to return to Darley, he is a champion footballer and a champion bloke. The club wishes him the best of luck in his endeavors wanting to play a higher standard of football, and there is no doubt he will succeed at that level. The match up against Dan Jordan will be a beauty. ( he doesn't fail against the big opponents ). Don't forget, we could be a pack of pricks and refuse his clearance, after all isn't that what most clubs do? So without trying to pump up our tyres too much ... We are better than going down that track. You treat your senior premiership members with respect, especially when you consider everything Sam has done for us over the years. ( you cant replace a Sam Newton, he is the whole package, and the people within our club know what i mean by that ) Who knows he might return to the Burra again one day.

what about salesi uhi timmy is he staying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back