Central Highlands Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A fairly boring round 1!!!!!!

Are the bunnies that good or are Waubra that bad
Good win for Hepburn over the dogs

The rest of the games don't tell us much at all. What is all the news in the CHFL??

A fairly boring round 1!!!!!!

Are the bunnies that good or are Waubra that bad
Good win for Hepburn over the dogs

The rest of the games don't tell us much at all. What is all the news in the CHFL??

newlyn ballan game showed a bit of young talent in ashley mullane for ballan and anthony taylor for newlyn
they were both in their teams best and can only get better as they mature

This thread is officially dead so lets get it cracking again fellas..
Was anyone at the hepburn/dford game. Hepburn must have picked a few handy ones to beat the doggies by 9 goals? What was the incident like with the Big Shep and should he have got more than a week and was Nick Sullivan the smallest person on the ground?
Bunningyong putting there name up there early with a massive win over the Roos? Was sunday footy a success and should there be more of it?
The big question to start the season is should be send an SOS to the people who made this thread interesting to read? AJ,Timmy32, Harry HP are you out there..

Was anyone at the hepburn/dford game. Hepburn must have picked a few handy ones to beat the doggies by 9 goals? What was the incident like with the Big Shep and should he have got more than a week and was Nick Sullivan the smallest person on the ground?
Bunningyong putting there name up there early with a massive win over the Roos? Was sunday footy a success and should there be more of it?
The big question to start the season is should be send an SOS to the people who made this thread interesting to read? AJ,Timmy32, Harry HP are you out there..

Another Sunday game this week with a Springbank vs Gordon showstopper to really test the theory.
But personally i think Sunday games are a prick. From a playing point of view anyway.
I thought the Bungaree v Beaufort game was the biggest suprise of the week. Too many chiefs, not enough Indians at Bunga?

And i'm sure AJ/Learmonth would still be out there but possibly under a new moniker in the LPFL thread.

Caretaker, agreed - this thread has gone dead. Lets liven it up a bit ladies.

Hepburn, IMO, are the ones to beat this year. They have picked up a fair few but by no means will they be unbeatable. Shep should have gone for longer than 1 week, it seemed like a bit of pay back to me. It nearly got very very ugly at half time, but thanks to the Hepburn savior (big Ed), calm was restored. Just on that, how many weeks does Shep have left until he gets the life ban? And how many weeks do you have to get to receive the life ban? Sully wasnt quite the smallest on the ground, Hepburn had a couple of tiny kids on the bench....

Bunninyong had a good win on Sunday and look very sharp but lets not forget what happened to Learmonth last year....its a long season.

Sunday footy is good for the gate i guess, but as far as the actual players are concerned, i don't think too many would like it. It can also be a disadvantage with 1 less day to recover. But hats off to the CHFL for trying something different. Personally i would like to see more night games, what are everyone's thoughts - if anyone reads this thread anymore.

How are Ballan looking? They have a very easy draw and could go very deep into the finals series. Have they picked up enough to be any serious threat?

Hepburn, IMO, are the ones to beat this year. They have picked up a fair few but by no means will they be unbeatable. Shep should have gone for longer than 1 week, it seemed like a bit of pay back to me. It nearly got very very ugly at half time, but thanks to the Hepburn savior (big Ed), calm was restored. Just on that, how many weeks does Shep have left until he gets the life ban? And how many weeks do you have to get to receive the life ban? Sully wasnt quite the smallest on the ground, Hepburn had a couple of tiny kids on the bench....

Bunninyong had a good win on Sunday and look very sharp but lets not forget what happened to Learmonth last year....its a long season.

Sunday footy is good for the gate i guess, but as far as the actual players are concerned, i don't think too many would like it. It can also be a disadvantage with 1 less day to recover. But hats off to the CHFL for trying something different. Personally i would like to see more night games, what are everyone's thoughts - if anyone reads this thread anymore.

How are Ballan looking? They have a very easy draw and could go very deep into the finals series. Have they picked up enough to be any serious threat?

I thought you would be the best one to give us a run down on Ballan Harry since your their Marquee player. Im pretty sure your on their committee or a life member so lets not play silly games.....

Only 3 sides in it this year, Hepburn, Dford and possibly Buninyong. The 1st 2 are proven and Dford will get better as the year goes on. Buninyong have recruited well, but need to as they were a bit off the top 3 last year.

My tip until 2016 Dford & Hep will play off in all grand Finals.....

As said in the past, Sunday footy is pushed onto all clubs due to the umpire shortage, only league that didnt follow suit last year was the CHFL and some games went without umpires.... This year the delegates got told to pull their heads in. 2 per year doesnt hurt any side....

I thought you would be the best one to give us a run down on Ballan Harry since your their Marquee player. Im pretty sure your on their committee or a life member so lets not play silly games.....

Only 3 sides in it this year, Hepburn, Dford and possibly Buninyong. The 1st 2 are proven and Dford will get better as the year goes on. Buninyong have recruited well, but need to as they were a bit off the top 3 last year.

As said in the past, Sunday footy is pushed onto all clubs due to the umpire shortage, only league that didnt follow suit last year was the CHFL and some games went without umpires.... This year the delegates got told to pull their heads in. 2 per year doesnt hurt any side....

Thanks for your insight Learmonth
All the best with your trophy hunting in the Lexton Plains this season.

Well which is it? Marquee player, on the committee or life member? Lets not try and pin point ID's on this forum just because you got exposed! You should change your name to club s-lut so it covers every team your going to play for in searching for that premiership your after!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

. Just on that, how many weeks does Shep have left until he gets the life ban? And how many weeks do you have to get to receive the life ban?

I heard Shep is up to 14 weeks and 16 weeks is the number you have to get to receive the life ban.

Yeah - lets not not forget they beat 12 of the 13 opposition sides for the year; only team to beat the Premiers (by 10 goals at D'ford); convincingly won two finals against Waubra and Bunny, b4 going down to a better unit on Prelim Final day. I know plenty of sides who would gladly cop a struggling year like that right now

Yeah - lets not not forget they beat 12 of the 13 opposition sides for the year; only team to beat the Premiers (by 10 goals at D'ford); convincingly won two finals against Waubra and Bunny, b4 going down to a better unit on Prelim Final day. I know plenty of sides who would gladly cop a struggling year like that right now

12.15-87 First Semi Final 15.7-97 Wallace Recreational Reserve (Map) Email Match Reminder
Detailed Results
Waubra def. by Learmonth
That's not a real convincing win to me! Waubra had more scoring shots!

Learmonth did beat the eventual premiers by 10 goals, but what did it mean in the end? Absolutely jack! No one remembers who finished third, or even second, its all about the premierships.

I bet Bunninyong wont be happy if they finish third or runners up this year.

Anyway by the looks of the results, Learmonth will struggle to beat Gordon this year. So lets stop wasting both of our time talking about the teams making up the numbers.

At this stage, what are everyone's top 6 predictions for seasons end?

Mine:

Hepburn
Bunninyong
Daylesford
Ballan
Dunnstown
Waubra

Mine:

Hepburn
Bunninyong
Daylesford
Ballan
Dunnstown
Waubra[/quote]

Do you put Ballan in there because you think they can genuinely earn that spot or are they fortunate to have a soft draw? Time will tell i suppose.
I still have issue with the draw in some respects, will make the end of the home + away season tight but potentially set up some ordinary finals matches. But having said that I reckon your predicted top 6 would alright.

In other news journo Tim O'Connor is the bane of my existence!

Mine:

Hepburn
Bunninyong
Daylesford
Ballan
Dunnstown
Waubra

Do you put Ballan in there because you think they can genuinely earn that spot or are they fortunate to have a soft draw? Time will tell i suppose.
I still have issue with the draw in some respects, will make the end of the home + away season tight but potentially set up some ordinary finals matches. But having said that I reckon your predicted top 6 would alright.

In other news journo Tim O'Connor is the bane of my existence![/quote]

No matter what league or team someone will always end up with an easy draw thats just the way things are if teams cant get into finals because they can win enough games against hard opponents in the regular how do you expect them to do it in finals?

Mine:

Hepburn
Bunninyong
Daylesford
Ballan
Dunnstown
Waubra

In other news journo Tim O'Connor is the bane of my existence![/quote]

Correct. Ballan are a bit of an unknown at the minute. They are nearly guaranteed 10 wins the way the draw is, but im not sure if they will go anywhere in the finals. Can anyone comment on how they are this year or if anyone has seen them play, they appeared to pick up a fair few on the clearances.

No matter what league or team someone will always end up with an easy draw thats just the way things are if teams cant get into finals because they can win enough games against hard opponents in the regular how do you expect them to do it in finals?[/quote]

Not sure i really understand this post....

Correct. Ballan are a bit of an unknown at the minute. They are nearly guaranteed 10 wins the way the draw is, but im not sure if they will go anywhere in the finals. Can anyone comment on how they are this year or if anyone has seen them play, they appeared to pick up a fair few on the clearances.[/quote]guaranteed 10 wins you reckon ? no games are easy ask hepburn what happened when they thought that last year when we beat them .where going ok picked up couple handy players but know one from ballan is getting carried away at this stage.

Correct. Ballan are a bit of an unknown at the minute. They are nearly guaranteed 10 wins the way the draw is, but im not sure if they will go anywhere in the finals. Can anyone comment on how they are this year or if anyone has seen them play, they appeared to pick up a fair few on the clearances.
guaranteed 10 wins you reckon ? no games are easy ask hepburn what happened when they thought that last year when we beat them .where going ok picked up couple handy players but know one from ballan is getting carried away at this stage.[/quote]

Congratulations on beating Hepburn-last year. And if losing the Grand final didn't make them realise no games were easy then that loss would of.

But i reckon i can see through that thiny veiled composure to see that you can barely contain yourselves at Ballan with the prospect of finals football again. Perhaps rightly so.

guaranteed 10 wins you reckon ? no games are easy ask hepburn what happened when they thought that last year when we beat them .where going ok picked up couple handy players but know one from ballan is getting carried away at this stage.

Congratulations on beating Hepburn-last year. And if losing the Grand final didn't make them realise no games were easy then that loss would of.

But i reckon i can see through that thiny veiled composure to see that you can barely contain yourselves at Ballan with the prospect of finals football again. Perhaps rightly so.[/quote]

any team are going to be excited that they have a good list of players a good coach and are actually playing some good footy. sure they will probably not make the grand final but the will surely make the finals. something that hasnt happened out at ballan for 5 or so years. this is good for smaller clubs in a league that is tipping towards being run by the teams with the most money (hepburn) ive got nothing againts teams with money i mean if you have got it spend it but its just good to see the smaller clubs are still surviving

Can anyone tell me when Ballan became one of the small clubs in the competition, I would of thought that throughout the entire history of the CHFL, Ballan would be considered one of the bigger clubs and is definitely one of the bigger towns, I am sure they would be very disappointed with how they have performed in recent years but I don't think they can be considered a small club compared to some of the towns in the competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back