Central Highlands Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the deal with Ballan belting Dunnsown in the reserves and then getting absolutely belted in the seniors? Dunnstown were on top of Ballan on the ladder in the peckers. Looks like Ballan have realised their season is cooked in the ones and and are now stacking their twos. The only other explanation is that Dunnstown stacked their ones?

One of the reasons Dunnstown didn't play too good in the seconds was that they are very short of numbers at the moment. Four players played that hadn't had a game this year because they had given footy away, or so they thought. And during the game, 5 players were injured, so in the last quarter they played one player short. They were in the game until about half time, but after that Ballan were too good.

One of the reasons Dunnstown didn't play too good in the seconds was that they are very short of numbers at the moment. Four players played that hadn't had a game this year because they had given footy away, or so they thought. And during the game, 5 players were injured, so in the last quarter they played one player short. They were in the game until about half time, but after that Ballan were too good.

Is normy lewis still running around in the seconds for dunnstown? if so hows the big fella going pope?

My opinion would be not to look at the strength off the clubs currently but to look at location.

CHFL
Hepburn
Daylesford
Trenthan (MCFL)
Newlyn
Creswick
Ballan
Gordon/Sprinbank (merge)
Dunnstown
Bungaree
Buninyong

10 team comp- play eaach other twice. No qualms about the draw, revert back to top 5. Lose Waubra, learmonth, Beaufort & Clunes all closer to LPFL clubs.

Lexton Plains
Skipton
Carhnam Linton
Rokewood
Illabarook
Navarre
Lexton
Learmonth (CHFL)
Waubra (CHFL)
Clunes (CGHF)
Beaufort (CHFL)

10 team competion, play each other twice, no qualms with draw, top 5. lose Ararat Eagles to Minnera league & Natte Bealaba to MCFL.

MCFL
Avoca
Carisbrook
Malden
Newstead
Marborough
Campbells Creek
Dunolly
Harcourt
Talbot
Royal Park
Natte Bealaba (LPFL)

11 teams. top 5 1 too many sides for perfect draw but thats life...Only miss out on playing 2 sides twice which is pretty even

All sides in the above leagues will differ in strength, but the model is based on location which will hold all leagues in good stead for the future.
Rivarlry will eb developed by townships in closer proximity!!!
CHFL to be run by Ryan family and delegates as is happening
LPFL & MCFL to be run by BFL which is currently happening.

Good scenario in a perfect world LEARMONTH, but is not workable. The evening up of the competitions must be first & foremost. Travel would not really be a huge problem, outlying clubs are already used to travelling a fair distance on some weeks, an odd extra few K's now and then would not be too bad.

Two divisons of TEN teams each would be ideal for CHFL providing other leagues can accomodate those teams not wishing to join. I think that the compulsory promotion and relegation of the top & bottom TWO teams, would be ideal. ( would keep more interest and variety in the competition ).

The POWERS THAT BE need to put in place, well organised submissions to the VCFL so that we get to have a say about what goes on, and before the VCFL decide what's best for us, all round, and stuff it up completely. We may only get one chance to get it right and change is inevitable !

No doubt some noses will be out of joint if and when the two Divisions Teams are sorted out, but the weaker clubs will then have a greater opportunity to win a few games and have more success than they are used to at the moment.

Some " food for thought " while we are on the subject of reform !!!
As most grounds are not overly large and most clubs struggle for numbers, why not dispense with the " centreman " -- i.e. 17 players take the field - 3 interchange ( with the option of a fourth i/change being an up and coming junior, providing both teams playing have fielded juniors on that day ) . This idea would help most clubs with numbers and possibly save a few bob, and would get the game moving with less centre bounce stoppages and make for more open footy in general play.

Also, maybe we could pay the umpires a bit more money to attract more numbers and better qualifed personell (ex players ideally). A lot of guys won't take it up because they can earn a DAYS pay on sat. doing SOMETHING ELSE because they need the moola.

I almost had dear Old Springbank locked in for a late August appearance(maybe not quite September) after their wins over Dtown and Waubra, but after the weekend's loss to Bunga they have made for a close finish indeed. Can still make it despite being a couple of games behind with only one real challenge against D'ford. Waubra have the toughest run home from here, and Beaufort one of the easiest, so this weeks match a must for Waubra. Beaufort really only need it for a confidence point of view, as they look certain for finals. Dtown have tough run as well, only real sin for the year so far being Springbank loss. Should be interesting them coming up against a Buninyong on the rebound who'll be keen to re-establish themselves as a cut above.

What is the deal with Ballan belting Dunnsown in the reserves and then getting absolutely belted in the seniors? Dunnstown were on top of Ballan on the ladder in the peckers. Looks like Ballan have realised their season is cooked in the ones and and are now stacking their twos. The only other explanation is that Dunnstown stacked their ones?
Did I put your IQ down from about 30 to 25?

My left agget has a higher IQ than you buddy. When you can string a coherent sentence together and learn how to spell Dunnstown then I may take you and your poor attempts at insults seriously.

So this is how its ganna be then as per win news tonight..
Div 1...
Hepburn
Daylesford
Buningyong
Dunnstown
Waubra
Beaufort
Ballan
Springbank
Bungaree
Learmonth

Creswick, Gordon, Clunes and Newlyn join the 5 Lexton Plains teams left in Div 2 plus Trentham
ie.. Skipton, Lexton, Rokewood, C'linton, Illabrook

Thoughts???

just saw on Win News its going to be 2 10 team comp with the new 6 clubs 5 From Lexton and Trentham from MCDFL will be in Division 2 and will be a Promotion relegation system

Div 1...
Hepburn
Daylesford
Buningyong
Dunnstown
Waubra
Beaufort
Ballan
Springbank
Bungaree
Learmonth

Creswick, Gordon, Clunes and Newlyn join the 5 Lexton Plains teams left in Div 2 plus Trentham

Thoughts???

i Wouldn't be all suprised if thats not how it will end up as skipton for eg will soon enough go to div 1

Div 1...
Hepburn
Daylesford
Buningyong
Dunnstown
Waubra
Beaufort
Ballan
Springbank
Bungaree
Learmonth

Thoughts???
Must've been watching a different WIN news......they said top 10 from CHFL would make up Div 1 in 1st year. Learmonth currently sitting 13th 8 pts plus percentage behind 10th so will take a big turn around for them to make the top 10.

Could probably lock the top 7 in now (Hepburn, Buninyong, Daylesford, Dunnstown, Waubra, Beaufort & Springbank) with Bungaree, Ballan, Newlyn, Clunes & Gordon fighting for the remaining 3 spots.

Well the Lexton Plains is finally finished as of this year. Ararat will go to the Mininera League and Natte and Navarre to MCDFL. With Navarre not happy as they want to get in to the Central Highlands but wont be able too. The rest of the clubs will go into the second division of a new 2 division Central Highlands League. Names for the new league has not been sorted as yet. But the big problem is that there will be no central admin and finals rotation but the leagues will be run in the Jurrasic style of delegates running the Leagues and the finals not sorted until a week b4 the finals. tHe winner of the flag at div 2 will have the option to move up to div one and will have to move up if htey win the flag 2 years in a row. Great idea.Oh well things may change.This set of thw two leagues was thrown around in 2004 when Avoca left the LPFL to go to the MCDFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Na It still will be called Central Highlands the name won't change unlike lexton and Western Plains if the Lexton plains and Central Highlands had merged then yes it would change cheers

It was all bound to happen sooner or later, does anyone know if the promotion/relegation factor will be based solely on the senior football results, or club championships? You'd think it would have to be based on the senior football.

My main concern with this now, is the fact that Lexton don't have any juniors..

It was all bound to happen sooner or later, does anyone know if the promotion/relegation factor will be based solely on the senior football results, or club championships? You'd think it would have to be based on the senior football.

My main concern with this now, is the fact that Lexton don't have any juniors..

they still have under 12's
last week they lost

Sat 3/Jul 2.4-16 Lexton def. by Carngham Linton 4.10-34

coming from the Mallee back when Nullawil played in the Old southern Mallee and they didn't have an under 16's side
so clubs who play Lexton under 17's and Under 14's depending what happens next year can either get 4 pts for the forfeit

they still have under 12's
last week they lost

Sat 3/Jul 2.4-16 Lexton def. by Carngham Linton 4.10-34

coming from the Mallee back when Nullawil played in the Old southern Mallee and they didn't have an under 16's side
so clubs who play Lexton under 17's and Under 14's depending what happens next year can either get 4 pts for the forfeit

That may be all good and well that the teams get the 4 pts due to forfeit, but how long can the club last without juniors coming through.. they must be feeding a fair bit of money out to players to get them to the club, How long can they last before folding due to no juniors coming up and playing..

Must've been watching a different WIN news......they said top 10 from CHFL would make up Div 1 in 1st year. Learmonth currently sitting 13th 8 pts plus percentage behind 10th so will take a big turn around for them to make the top 10.

Could probably lock the top 7 in now (Hepburn, Buninyong, Daylesford, Dunnstown, Waubra, Beaufort & Springbank) with Bungaree, Ballan, Newlyn, Clunes & Gordon fighting for the remaining 3 spots.

No, same win news.. I didnt just listen to things I wanted to hear tho.

They made a point of saying the division 1 will be made up of teams who have been successful over a period of time, with teams such as Bungaree(the example they used) and Learmonth, not paying the penalty for one bad year.

Separating teams solely on one years results would be ******ed (Hence why this attracted your attension im guessing).

No, same win news.. I didnt just listen to things I wanted to hear tho.

They made a point of saying the division 1 will be made up of teams who have been successful over a period of time, with teams such as Bungaree(the example they used) and Learmonth, not paying the penalty for one bad year.

Separating teams solely on one years results would be ******ed (Hence why this attracted your attension im guessing).

I think most people would acknowledge that Learmonth will bounce back next year and prob should be in Div 1.

I dont like the fact the the promotion and relegation is a bit wishy-washy. IMO there should be forced relegation and promotion rather than club choice.

Trenm ,C/Linton and Creswick all in the same division.Who's gunna keep their jumpers(all saints)?

Trenm ,C/Linton and Creswick all in the same division.Who's gunna keep their jumpers(all saints)?

All existing CHFL sides should be given first preference and its up to the other clubs to find new colours.
Hawthorn colours, Port Adelaide Colours, Freo colours and Brisbane colours are all unoccupied within the league at the moment...

All existing CHFL sides should be given first preference and its up to the other clubs to find new colours.
Hawthorn colours, Port Adelaide Colours, Freo colours and Brisbane colours are all unoccupied within the league at the moment...

I think you will find it would be easier for clubs to get an alternate strip for these clash matches with the away team fronting up in the different colours.
Alot of local leagues have clashes in jumpers. When clubs start to cry poor, explain to them, when at the start of the year they are planning to organise training tops, get a decent set done so they have an alternate strip for some games. Problem solvered. Clubs have a lot of tradition around the jumpers they wear so in general they will be hesitant to change it.

I think you will find it would be easier for clubs to get an alternate strip for these clash matches with the away team fronting up in the different colours.
Alot of local leagues have clashes in jumpers. When clubs start to cry poor, explain to them, when at the start of the year they are planning to organise training tops, get a decent set done so they have an alternate strip for some games. Problem solvered. Clubs have a lot of tradition around the jumpers they wear so in general they will be hesitant to change it.

It doesn't matter how hesitant clubs are, if they join a new league they change their jumpers if they clash with an an existing clubs strip, just as Beaufort and Daylesford have done. It's an opportunity to create a unique jumper design rather than just go for an existing AFL strip too. It doesn't cost any more to have your own design printed. Have a look on the VAFA website at the many different guernseys in use for some ideas instead of being sheep and following what the AFL does.

I do think some clubs should have an alternative strip as well - Rokewood v Illabarook, Dunnstown v Ballan, Dunnstown v Clunes just to name a few are very difficult games for spectators to watch.

On a different but related point, Navarre have a valid point in not wanting to move to the MCDFL if it means having to scrap a junior footy and netball side. I'm sure the VCFL won't want to see that happen so will be interesting to see how it pans out.

It doesn't matter how hesitant clubs are, if they join a new league they change their jumpers if they clash with an an existing clubs strip, just as Beaufort and Daylesford have done. It's an opportunity to create a unique jumper design rather than just go for an existing AFL strip too. It doesn't cost any more to have your own design printed. Have a look on the VAFA website at the many different guernseys in use for some ideas instead of being sheep and following what the AFL does.

I do think some clubs should have an alternative strip as well - Rokewood v Illabarook, Dunnstown v Ballan, Dunnstown v Clunes just to name a few are very difficult games for spectators to watch.

On a different but related point, Navarre have a valid point in not wanting to move to the MCDFL if it means having to scrap a junior footy and netball side. I'm sure the VCFL won't want to see that happen so will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Why can't Navarre & Natte Bealiba Junior join the Castlemain and District league Problem Solved for the football side of it
like Leitchville gunbower juniors have join goulburn murray Juniors
when their seniors joined Heathcote & Dist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back