Central Highlands Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
18 team comp confirmed. Congratulations and welcome to new teams Carngham/Linton, Illabarook, Skipton & Rokewood/Corindhap. Now what jumpers do they wear. Total change or clash jumpers??!!

Carn/Lin same as Creswick
Skipton same as Bungaree. Skip possibly may go back to original Swans jumper
Illabarook very close to Waubra, Learmonth & Daylesford
Roke/Cor close to Gordon but should be okay

What's Bungaree like? I see they are having massive upgrades off the field with new clubrooms, imrpoved oval, new lawn bowls facility, upgrade of netball and tennis courts etc. I am seeking to play for a club in Central Highlands League next season and I have heard Bungaree is an up and coming club with plenty of young players but missing a few key position players.

What's Bungaree like? I see they are having massive upgrades off the field with new clubrooms, imrpoved oval, new lawn bowls facility, upgrade of netball and tennis courts etc. I am seeking to play for a club in Central Highlands League next season and I have heard Bungaree is an up and coming club with plenty of young players but missing a few key position players.

Where are you getting this info from? They need new clubrooms, they need to improve the oval( not used all year round and just gets let go for the sheep to graze), netball courts resurfaced a couple years ago and probably one of the best in comp, lawn bowls facility??? and they haven't had a tennis team since Noah stepped off the ark. As for the last statement well that just about sums up 12 of the 14 teams in the comp. Good luck finding a club, who knows could even line up next to you next year. Cheers

Bungaree are a well respected club, plenty of young kids coming through which will hold them in good sted over the next few years, there coach Midda is heading in the right direction and they are probably 1 or 2 key position players short. They do have plans for new rooms and lawn bowl facilities so will be one of the better and stronger clubs over the next few years. (not sure why they need lawn bowling facilities though.) So backup, check your facts and Bungareepremiers06 maybe could shed some more light on your queries?

Backup, in response to the highlighted area of my previous post. I have barely any knowledge of the league as I have played in Bellarine FL the last couple of years. Thanks for letting me know it sums up majority of the league. All the plans are on the Bungaree FNC website.
Just looking forward to having a kick as haven't had the chance to play a full season due to work the last few years.

18 team comp confirmed. Congratulations and welcome to new teams Carngham/Linton, Illabarook, Skipton & Rokewood/Corindhap. Now what jumpers do they wear. Total change or clash jumpers??!!

Carn/Lin same as Creswick
Skipton same as Bungaree. Skip possibly may go back to original Swans jumper
Illabarook very close to Waubra, Learmonth & Daylesford
Roke/Cor close to Gordon but should be okay

carn/Lin a total change
skipton would go back to old Swans jumper
Illabarook clash jumper when playing Waubra
I think Learmonth Blue is more wce blue then Illabarook looks more like North melbourne Blue maby Learmonth can have yellow Numbers?
natually away Club will have white shorts
doubt they clash with Daylesford with Daylesford wearing Western Bulldogs Jumpers maby Illabarook have a sash instead of a V similar to Essendon

carn/Lin a total change
skipton would go back to old Swans jumper
Illabarook clash jumper when playing Waubra
I think Learmonth Blue is more wce blue then Illabarook looks more like North melbourne Blue maby Learmonth can have yellow Numbers?
natually away Club will have white shorts
doubt they clash with Daylesford with Daylesford wearing Western Bulldogs Jumpers maby Illabarook have a sash instead of a V similar to Essendon

The new comp won't be all roses. Illabrook are a real concern unless they get some off field support and recruit well. No better than Creswick. C/L would have been very good in their prime, but will struggle with last year's squad. Would also need a lot of key inclusions, which is possible. Rokewood will be decent in the 2s. Skipton are very well run and could put together a side capable of making finals. Definitely better than Springbank and Beaufort.

Lexton could see the extra cost and standard, and will find instant success in the MCDFL. Good move. Navarre and Natte will also play finals.

Good luck to all. Might make clubs rise to the challenge.

Bungaree are a well respected club, plenty of young kids coming through which will hold them in good sted over the next few years, there coach Midda is heading in the right direction and they are probably 1 or 2 key position players short. They do have plans for new rooms and lawn bowl facilities so will be one of the better and stronger clubs over the next few years. (not sure why they need lawn bowling facilities though.) So backup, check your facts and Bungareepremiers06 maybe could shed some more light on your queries?

Agreed. Having lawn bowl facilities sure as hell means they will be 1 of the stronger clubs. Who needs players to make up the ever so small gap between hepburn (undefeated premiers) and emerging super power bungaree (6 wins in 2010) when they might have nanna from up the shop winging the wooden marbles down in her henselite dimple sole loafers and mesh bucket hat on a saturday arvo!

Won more games in 09 than last year and they are up and coming?? WTF?
They always got plenty of juniors coming through only problem is.......they never come through. They go back to Ballarat where they came from 1 or 2 years earlier. Maybe if the crazy 18s coach didnt stop them from playing seniors so it makes him look good some might stay on. If you think bunga are only 1 or 2 key position players short your dreaming

New lawn bowls greens facilitites have been included into the plans to add another user group to the area which acts as an extra incentive to gain funding for the project. A lot of ex-Bungaree and Sprinbank players play bowls at Xavier and a few other clubs and have a tournament between themselves every February to keep the old rivalry alive.
So naturally there is quite a bit of interest to establish greens at the new facility.

As a club we believe we are heading in the right direction both on and off-field and although results-wise it may not have shown last year(on-field), it is starting to pay dividends with some of our former U18 premiership players coming through (Jackson Murphy was runner-up in the B+F this year, Joel Mahar not far behind).

Our biggest fault this year was down forward with Jayden Reid and Scott Illingworth carrying too much of the weight down there so hopefully we'll be able to address that over the pre-season.

G'day all, as a player from skipton.
Skipton will not be going back to the old swans jumper!
Not shore what we will be wearing next year, will post as soon as i hear anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G'day all, as a player from skipton.
Skipton will not be going back to the old swans jumper!
Not shore what we will be wearing next year, will post as soon as i hear anything.

It will be interesting to hear what they come up with
guess Skipton wants to have a whole new look
I was looking at Metro clubs wow with all different Designs
maby skipton could have a non Afl Strip .
I know Tim Beacham through Finding Future top bloke he thought Skipton were going back. I guess we'll know soon enough maby they could use their old red White ones until they come up with the new ones if time runs out??? .

New to this tread, can someone tell what the league is like? Playing footy in Geelong and looking to play in this league. Any comments would be great.

Has anyone got any news on recruiting?

I was told that Joey Gilbert was offered 20K to coach Carngham/Linton and that he had actually agreed to make the move but reneged at the 11th hour saying that he couldn't play against his mates at Buninyong. Not sure which part of this rumour is more ridiculous...Carngham offering 20k or Joey thinking he's actually got a couple of mates at Buninyong.

I also heard that Hepburn have signed a Roosters premiership player. No idea who it is meant to be or which flag(s) they were part of.

I also heard that CL were after Gilbert at one point, dunno any figures being thrown around though..

Word is that they have since signed Jason Hill as coach.. Good move imo.
Very good player, excellent football brain and very confident and well spoken as a leader.. Just has to watch his onfield temper that tends to flare up on occasion

I also heard that CL were after Gilbert at one point, dunno any figures being thrown around though..

Word is that they have since signed Jason Hill as coach.. Good move imo.
Very good player, excellent football brain and very confident and well spoken as a leader.. Just has to watch his onfield temper that tends to flare up on occasion

Heard the same Dools that Hill will coach Carngham. Though i do not think Carngham or Illabarook will Finish in the top 12. Very poor seasons last year and would need to improve ten fold to be any good.

Can anybody fill in the blanks on the coaching front?

Ballan - Shanks??
Beaufort - Drew/Franc
Bungaree - Middleton??
Buninyong - Gilbert
Carghnam - Hill
Clunes - Andrews
Creswick - ?????
Daylesford - Button
Dunnstown - ?????
Gordon - ?????
Hepburn - Robertson
Illabarook - ?????
Learmonth - ?????
Newlyn - Smith??
Rokewood - Mullane-Grant
Skipton - Mckay
Springbank - Romeril
Waubra - Skontra

Can anybody fill in the blanks on the coaching front?

Ballan - Shanks??
Beaufort - Drew/Franc
Bungaree - Middleton??
Buninyong - Gilbert
Carghnam - Hill
Clunes - Andrews
Creswick - ?????
Daylesford - Button
Dunnstown - ?????
Gordon - ?????
Hepburn - Robertson
Illabarook - ?????
Learmonth - ?????
Newlyn - Smith??
Rokewood - Mullane-Grant
Skipton - Mckay
Springbank - Romeril
Waubra - Skontra

One of the kids that work with me said his old boss went for the Learmonth and Gordon job and missed both and that Learmonth have someone from bungeree. He reckons his old boss is a top coach and missed out cause he hadnt coached for a while, so they must be pretty good or have plenty to bring with them.

Ballan - Shanks
Beaufort - Drew/Franc
Bungaree - Middleton
Buninyong - Gilbert
Carghnam - Hill
Clunes - Andrews
Creswick - Yet to be appointed
Daylesford - Button
Dunnstown - Yet to be appointed
Gordon - Nicholson/Fuller
Hepburn - Robertson
Illabarook - ?????
Learmonth - Stephen
Newlyn - Smith
Rokewood - Mullane-Grant
Skipton - Mckay
Springbank - Romeril
Waubra - Skontra

Ballan - Shanks
Beaufort - Drew/Franc
Bungaree - Middleton
Buninyong - Gilbert
Carghnam - Hill
Clunes - Andrews
Daylesford - Button
Hepburn - Robertson
Illabarook - ?????
Learmonth - Stephen
Newlyn - Smith
Rokewood - Mullane-Grant
Skipton - Mckay
Springbank - Romeril
Waubra - Skontra

I heard Damian Lubeek is coaching Creswick and that they have a new committee also.

I heard Damian Lubeek is coaching Creswick and that they have a new committee also.

Surely Hoggy isn't that silly? Coached Redan for about 15 minutes a couple of years ago and will have had more success in that 15 minutes than he will out at Creswick.

I don't care who you have running that club, they are still in the ass end of the world with the worst facilities going around...

Ballan - Shanks
Beaufort - Drew/Franc
Bungaree - Middleton
Buninyong - Gilbert
Carghnam - Hill
Clunes - Andrews
Daylesford - Button
Hepburn - Robertson
Illabarook - ?????
Learmonth - Stephen
Newlyn - Smith
Rokewood - Mullane-Grant
Skipton - Mckay
Springbank - Romeril
Waubra - Skontra

Good luck Gordon!!! Haha Steve Nicholson...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back