Central Highlands

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumour has it that commitee members of the Gordon FC were up to all hours of the night changing positions of the hose to get some much needed water on the track. Apparantly they have a practice match their this weekend.

Still don't think it will be ready for a while.

Hey look, the great waubra recruit has finally started taking some interest in the CHFL and can even use a computer. wonder when you will start getting to training. Let me guess, too sore after your huge stint with the bat on saturdays cricket GF to make it to training tonight mate?

Hey look, the great waubra recruit has finally started taking some interest in the CHFL and can even use a computer. wonder when you will start getting to training. Let me guess, too sore after your huge stint with the bat on saturdays cricket GF to make it to training tonight mate?

Yeah that makes sense. I think you should just stick to your golf Tud34 cause your footy, well in the nicest way i can think of is no good.
Besides you are pretty good at golf and getting yourself out of bad situations. The last game i saw you play ended up you taking a "mulligen" at the regent, to keep from a 10 stroke penalty. Tell me tud, what does spu taste like?

Yeah that makes sense. I think you should just stick to your golf Tud34 cause your footy, well in the nicest way i can think of is no good.
Besides you are pretty good at golf and getting yourself out of bad situations. The last game i saw you play ended up you taking a "mulligen" at the regent, to keep from a 10 stroke penalty. Tell me tud, what does spu taste like?

Grow up children. This is big footy, not big golf or big drinking.
Now I know why you dont go to training nicholson, you spend your day talking crap on this thing.
Gee I hope Waubra arnt hoping you're the star pickup for 2007 cause I can see you are going to be a big let down. Especially if you havent been training and arnt fit.

There is only so long you can live off putting redan into the granny. How many other kicks did you get that day?

Remember, you were dropped out of the premiership side for a reason.

Can i get the low down on Gordon? have a practice match scheduled for this weekend and want to know how they're travelling. also, how's their ground holding up? Cheers

Their ground is holding up great. At one end. There seems to be a slight slope of the football field. No wonder no water will stay on the ground.

Rumour has it that commitee members of the Gordon FC were up to all hours of the night changing positions of the hose to get some much needed water on the track. Apparantly they have a practice match their this weekend.

Still don't think it will be ready for a while.
I dont know why they would waste the water on that ground. They will fold at the end of the year anyway. The water would be best utilised on their cows :)

I'd be very surprised if this is the case. coony has been a clunes boy almost all his life and his family is quite involved with the club. i'm aware hilly has been chasing a few of his ex-teamates but my understanding is that he'll be lucky to get any across.

It is definetly the case. I was talking to a few Clunes boys the other night and they are very dissapointed that Coony has gone. Word is that he has signed as the assistant coach out there and I couldn't see Clunes matching the cash that he is getting out there.

No word from those guys on who else would be leaving but the smart money is on Mick Allen as he and Coony are good mates.

Both are players that didn't play last year but I'm sure Clunes would want them out on the park for them this year. I'm sure people are not too fond of Hilly at this point in time.

I see Newlyn and Creswick have picked up a fair few players. But at the same time they have both lost a fair few. Must be a fair bit of cash being thrown around...

Newlyn have picked up a few Ballarat players. Be interesting to see if they get cleared as Ballarat are moron's when it comes to this. The professionalism of that club is no better than a poo sandwhich.

Creswick picked up a fair few from out of town. I'm sure there are mega dollars being thrown at these players...

I see Newlyn and Creswick have picked up a fair few players. But at the same time they have both lost a fair few. Must be a fair bit of cash being thrown around...

Newlyn have picked up a few Ballarat players. Be interesting to see if they get cleared as Ballarat are moron's when it comes to this. The professionalism of that club is no better than a poo sandwhich.

Creswick picked up a fair few from out of town. I'm sure there are mega dollars being thrown at these players...
Has your club never rejected a clearance Harry HP? These days it is pretty stock standard to knock the first few back.

Grow up children. This is big footy, not big golf or big drinking.
Now I know why you dont go to training nicholson, you spend your day talking crap on this thing.
Gee I hope Waubra arnt hoping you're the star pickup for 2007 cause I can see you are going to be a big let down. Especially if you havent been training and arnt fit.

There is only so long you can live off putting redan into the granny. How many other kicks did you get that day?

Remember, you were dropped out of the premiership side for a reason.

Nice comment battler. you come into this post new no-one knows who you are or where your from. have you got any association to this league or you just in here to stir the pot??
Do you even play footy or are you someone that just has nothing better to do with his day than talk crap on an internet forum.

Has your club never rejected a clearance Harry HP? These days it is pretty stock standard to knock the first few back.

Thats not what im talking about Gadget my little friend. Ballarat treat there younger players badly. And when they decide to leave or have a couple of years off the BFL, the clearance process that Ballarat undertake is unprofessional and sometimes childish. This is why most who leave Ballarat never go back...

It is definetly the case. I was talking to a few Clunes boys the other night and they are very dissapointed that Coony has gone. Word is that he has signed as the assistant coach out there and I couldn't see Clunes matching the cash that he is getting out there.

No word from those guys on who else would be leaving but the smart money is on Mick Allen as he and Coony are good mates.

Both are players that didn't play last year but I'm sure Clunes would want them out on the park for them this year. I'm sure people are not too fond of Hilly at this point in time.

If this turns out to be correct it is very disappointing. It continues to amaze me that players such as Coony will walk away from a club they've been brought up around for the sake of a cpl extra dollars that usually only lasts a year or two.

The fact that Hilly took Clunes to two grand finals a cpl years back, as well as being a premiership player at the club, and that his old man won about 7 B&F's for Clunes, adds to the disappointment.

This would have been a perfect time for Jase to return to the club to help teach the kids and bring in a new era at Clunes.

It's easy for players to hang around and look good when the club is travelling well, but what seperates strong clubs from the remainder is how they stick together when things aren't going so well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You seem to have good mail on Clunes:

Mathew Watson has moved to our league (BDAFL Newcastle region) how's he go?

Docca goes alright - he is a handy forward line player who was in and out of the 1's in the last cpl years before heading north for work.

I'm unsure about the strength of your league, but Doc is the sort of player that will slot nicely onto the flank or pocket in a good team. He's not the sort of player that will win you a game off his own boot.

It's easy for players to hang around and look good when the club is travelling well, but what seperates strong clubs from the remainder is how they stick together when things aren't going so well.

Spot on there but I think the LPFL is the one league in this state that Hilly hasn't played in. I think he wants to say that he has played in every league once he's done playing. :D

If this turns out to be correct it is very disappointing. It continues to amaze me that players such as Coony will walk away from a club they've been brought up around for the sake of a cpl extra dollars that usually only lasts a year or two.

The fact that Hilly took Clunes to two grand finals a cpl years back, as well as being a premiership player at the club, and that his old man won about 7 B&F's for Clunes, adds to the disappointment.

This would have been a perfect time for Jase to return to the club to help teach the kids and bring in a new era at Clunes.

How have Clunes been looking on the track? It can't be looking too good being a bottom 4 team and have a number of players talking about leaving.

I don't agree with what you say at all. Firstly coony has been at the club all his life so in my opinion has given Clunes very good service and leaves owing the club nothing. Secondly as far as i know and from reading this site over the months the club are happy to not have hilly there for some reason so i doubt they would care that he isn't there. You will see many players over the next few seasons go from the bottom teams in the chfl to the LPFL as the gap widens from the Waubras to the Creswicks. The top teams are getting better and the bottom worse and i believe three teams could close up in the near future

I don't agree with what you say at all. Firstly coony has been at the club all his life so in my opinion has given Clunes very good service and leaves owing the club nothing.

He was on a very small match payment from reports. Probably only the minimum payment at Clunes. So for a 26 year old I can see why he might look at a rumoured $300 a week very seriously. It makes payments on the house, car, credit card or whatever a little more comfortable. Chasing a bit of cash is hardly selling your soul.

You will see many players over the next few seasons go from the bottom teams in the chfl to the LPFL as the gap widens from the Waubras to the Creswicks. The top teams are getting better and the bottom worse and i believe three teams could close up in the near future

Agreed. If spending continues to escalate as it has in recent years then a number of CH clubs will fold within 4-6 years.

Nice comment battler. you come into this post new no-one knows who you are or where your from. have you got any association to this league or you just in here to stir the pot??
Do you even play footy or are you someone that just has nothing better to do with his day than talk crap on an internet forum.

Tud34, do Gordon have a practice match this Saturday at home? Who against?

How have Clunes been looking on the track? It can't be looking too good being a bottom 4 team and have a number of players talking about leaving.

By all reports Clunes are looking good with almost all the senior squad ready to line up again this year (minus Harry, who is giving it a fair dinkum crack in the SANFL). Bourkey will return to FF/CHF after a season up north.

Also picked up 3-4 of the most talenetd 19/20 year olds from Maryborough way, with the club extremely happy as they've been chasing them for a cpl years now. Another 2-3 signings on the cards, but yet to be confirmed.

Still 1-2 key position players away from contending, but shouldn't be far away from sneaking into the finals this year.

Agreed. If spending continues to escalate as it has in recent years then a number of CH clubs will fold within 4-6 years.

Nothing wrong with Hilly & Coony leaving to another League. Atleast their not playing in direct competition with Clunes. As for loyality it works both ways, Clunes must come up with an offer in $$ or show them that they are going to be competitive. Everyone blames the player for leaving, but both as stated didnt play their last season, and in my opinion have given clunes great service. Both have leadership rolls, and people must except that players now move on reguarly.
As for clubs folding, Creswick should pull their finger out, as they are one of the biggest towns with the most juniors, but can never keep their players, due to their slack and unprofessional culture they have within the club. If they got rid of their dead wood and started fresh, then just maybe, they will start heading up the ladder. The way they treated Johnno last year is a disgrace, which has seen many players put clearances in.

By all reports Clunes are looking good with almost all the senior squad ready to line up again this year (minus Harry, who is giving it a fair dinkum crack in the SANFL). Bourkey will return to FF/CHF after a season up north.

Also picked up 3-4 of the most talenetd 19/20 year olds from Maryborough way, with the club extremely happy as they've been chasing them for a cpl years now. Another 2-3 signings on the cards, but yet to be confirmed.

Still 1-2 key position players away from contending, but shouldn't be far away from sneaking into the finals this year.

Good to hear. The talk was that Matt Brown from Lexton was one of the recruits from Maryborough way. He came second in the LPFL goal kicking, but he would probably be better suited to a flank than FF in the CHFL.

Bourke will make a difference as you lacked a goal kicking forward after Chisel left.

Nothing wrong with Hilly & Coony leaving to another League. Atleast their not playing in direct competition with Clunes. As for loyality it works both ways, Clunes must come up with an offer in $$ or show them that they are going to be competitive. Everyone blames the player for leaving, but both as stated didnt play their last season, and in my opinion have given clunes great service. Both have leadership rolls, and people must except that players now move on reguarly.

Good post but I would think that there is too much money getting aroudn in footy. If Clunes won't pay it, Carngham will. The teams with the money will be causing all sorts of head aches for the low budget clubs. Although, if you've got it, spend it as your players will move on.

Good post but I would think that there is too much money getting aroudn in footy. If Clunes won't pay it, Carngham will. The teams with the money will be causing all sorts of head aches for the low budget clubs. Although, if you've got it, spend it as your players will move on.

I agree totally. This is why player payments have to be regulated more strictly because if it becomes a free for all, which is increasingly becoming the case, then country footy as we know it will fall over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back