Central Highlands

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
news is that springbank have confirmed three big signings from north central league club St Arnaud. Apparently they have signed Brett Wilson, Simon Brearley and Mark Dowley. All three played for St Arnaud last year and had good years. Brearley won consecutive bnf's there (league runner up this year too) and dowley was 5th this year. Wilson went pretty well as well. Brearley and wilson are said to be tough in and under on ballers with pretty good finishing skills and dowley is an opportunistic, goal kicking forward. Dowley is a St Arnaud junior, wilson is from the mornington penninsula and brearley is from wimmera league club Nhill, where he also won a bnf. all three are early 20's and go to uni together apparently. good scalp for the tigers? anyone confirm?
Is Brearley the overweight on baller from St.Arnaud? No 5 i think? Dowley an opportunistic forward!:confused: How many goals did he kick at St.Arnaud this year? Have seen Wilson play, can use both sides, skillfull and Tough!:rolleyes:

Is Brearley the overweight on baller from St.Arnaud? No 5 i think? Dowley an opportunistic forward!:confused: How many goals did he kick at St.Arnaud this year? Have seen Wilson play, can use both sides, skillfull and Tough!:rolleyes:

Brearley - Yeah, "the overweight on baller" was number5
Dowley - Only 13 Goals
Wilson - Tough, ill give him that, tough enough to hit a kid from behind, and break his nose when Brearley was in a pissy little push n shove situation up here in Wycheproof.

Hey chugga lugs did you get runner up in a league medal in 2007?? Easy to dish it out from behind a computer when u could quite easily be playing reserves at gordon.

Can anyone confirm or deny that Springbanks ruckman Dave Florence is heading back to play in Melbourne next year?

I would doubt that Dave florence would leave springbank. He is with out a doubt the most dedicated person in the team not just towards his own personal game but towards the club. As long as tranquili is at springbank florence will be there and A.t is staying on for another year.

Hey chugga lugs did you get runner up in a league medal in 2007?? Easy to dish it out from behind a computer when u could quite easily be playing reserves at gordon.
Mentioned nothing about Brealeys football ability, just his weight! Must be able to get the footy! Should go well at Springbank closer to home to hit the track!

news is that springbank have confirmed three big signings from north central league club St Arnaud. Apparently they have signed Brett Wilson, Simon Brearley and Mark Dowley. All three played for St Arnaud last year and had good years. Brearley won consecutive bnf's there (league runner up this year too) and dowley was 5th this year. Wilson went pretty well as well. Brearley and wilson are said to be tough in and under on ballers with pretty good finishing skills and dowley is an opportunistic, goal kicking forward. Dowley is a St Arnaud junior, wilson is from the mornington penninsula and brearley is from wimmera league club Nhill, where he also won a bnf. all three are early 20's and go to uni together apparently. good scalp for the tigers? anyone confirm?

From what a mate in St Arnaud told me, you couldn't win a flag with Dowley and Wilson in the best 20. He did say they might be better if they train because they trained bugger all up there. Brearly is not a quick damaging on baller, the wet tracks in Ballarat will suit his lack of pace he told me. Also said he got alot of footy floating across half back, is courageous though and will be missed.

Just heard that foster maybe stayin at beaufort next year shows how much u no......beaufort wont be promising anythin all we are sayin is that beaufort will be better then wat they were last year that is all

Foster is not even considering staying at beaufort. Will be playing in the BFL for sure.

Have heard on the grapevine that Creswick are throwing some cash around already, from what i've heard tho they have offered 2 players 250 a game, these 2 players are only reserves players, maybe fringe senior players at other central highlands clubs, not even players that warrent getting named........... when will creswick learn?

Have heard on the grapevine that Creswick are throwing some cash around already, from what i've heard tho they have offered 2 players 250 a game, these 2 players are only reserves players, maybe fringe senior players at other central highlands clubs, not even players that warrent getting named........... when will creswick learn?

Yeah,they like doing things the hard way. Does anyone know how Waubra are shaping up-heard on the weekend that they still haven't got a coach yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah,they like doing things the hard way. Does anyone know how Waubra are shaping up-heard on the weekend that they still haven't got a coach yet?

I heard that Shaun Mullane is teh front runner, but they are trying pretty hard to lure Jacob Spolding to coach. he plays cricket with Waubra in thye off season. Spolding is a gun player for North VFL.

I heard that Shaun Mullane is teh front runner, but they are trying pretty hard to lure Jacob Spolding to coach. he plays cricket with Waubra in thye off season. Spolding is a gun player for North VFL.

Spolding won't leave North Ballarat, he has too many tickets on himself.

Sebastopol Football club (Ballarat Football League)

We are looking to appoint a Playing Assistant Coach for the 2008 season. The successful applicant will be generously rewarded and will have the opportunity to be part of a professional club in one of the best country football leagues. Sebastopol football club is the closest football club to Ballarat Uni and has opportunity for work if needed. We are also looking for 2-3 marquee players for the upcoming season and beyond. If you think this is the next step in your football career and you want to be part of our professional and dynamic team be quick and call

MARK RUSSELL (sen coach) on 0432438459

You may like to gets some facts right before you spread rumours regarding the way clubs go about thier buisness Footy Fan. Your mail couldnt be further from the truth. As usual at this time of year lots of stories but not many facts.

Mullet has moved to Melbourne so he won't be coaching. There have been heaps of names floating around and most of them are just bullshit. I have heard heaps of people say that Jarrod Edwards will coach Waubra next year and the club have not even spoken to him! Despite not having a coach yet, Waubra's recruiting is looking pretty good and they will start preseason fairly soon.

Most of the stuff that gets posted on here at this time of year is inaccurate. I remember Bungaree and Learmonth both pumping up their own tyres...only to go backwards come season proper.

How are Daylesford fairing? I heard that some of the players are not a fan of the coach and may be leaving?

His brother is the most underated player at north ballarat.As good as Jacob is in a VFL team i'd love to see him play in a game where he had to work hard for the footy and not get it as well pesented to him, dont get mje wrong he's a good player with classy skills an knows where the goals are but i'd rather have his brother in my backline anyday.
Jacob couldnt play at a lower level ever again because he is too arrogant and has no time for anyone but himself.

Can anyone from daylesford confirm or deny that Trent Nesbitt is leaving next season to head up north and play under his brother in cairns?
watched him in the grand final an thought he was pretty handy in the last quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back