Central Highlands

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Bungaree must be pretty bad if they let Gordon get that close to them, because as we all know Gordon is a hopless football club. The main criteria to get a game in the Gordon seniors is if you can kick a ball you are in, if you can also handball you are the captain.

So you cant kick or handball and couldnt get a game at Gordon. So tell us where are you trying now, Lexton Plains or Maryborough Castlemaine?

i know that Hepburn will try and steer clear of Sunday football if possible, but if every club has to played a sunday game or two to help out the umpire shortage then their shouldn't be a problem.

Hepburn and Daylesford would have been a perfect Sunday game. It would have been a massive earner for whoever's home game it was. You would have got my 8 bucks plus canteen and bar revenue.

Exactly. Don't have to play any if that's your choice. 4 man interchange is great for Hepburn - gives an opportunity for a local to get a run.

At Learmonth, we reguarly play 3 on the interchange bench as it suits our rotations better. Against the top sides we do take out insurance and play four on the bench.

Going from the courier report Joe Gilbert wasnt to pleased with the umpiring. From what I am gathering he has singled out the umpires cost them the game by giving Dford 3 50's. Atleast you guys get umpires, Learmonth twice now have been allocated no umpies and its only round 5.

At Learmonth, we reguarly play 3 on the interchange bench as it suits our rotations better. Against the top sides we do take out insurance and play four on the bench.

Going from the courier report Joe Gilbert wasnt to pleased with the umpiring. From what I am gathering he has singled out the umpires cost them the game by giving Dford 3 50's. Atleast you guys get umpires, Learmonth twice now have been allocated no umpies and its only round 5.

I wouldnt worry anymore Learmonth, after what Gilbett said in the article and the behaviour of some of the Bunninyong ppl after the game, i dare say Bunninyong games will now be relegated no umpires first when none are available. Its a shame for the sides that play them in the weeks to come.

I wouldnt worry anymore Learmonth, after what Gilbett said in the article and the behaviour of some of the Bunninyong ppl after the game, i dare say Bunninyong games will now be relegated no umpires first when none are available. Its a shame for the sides that play them in the weeks to come.

Spot on DfordDog, cant go abusing umpires especially as a coach as you have to control your emotions and set the standard for your team. Umpires can influence games but they dont decide games. 99% of the time the best and most disciplined team will win.
With it being wet, slippery and muddy on the weekend, it can make it hard to umpire with congestion around the contest. You take the good with teh bad in my opinion.What were the 50's for DfordDog? Was it abuse to umpires or late contact etc...

Just wondering if learmonth are close to sacking there two's coach, promised alot at the start of the year and they just dont seem to be performing. To beat gordon by only 10 points is not good enough considering he told a couple of his players in the pub friday night they would win by at least 70. It seems he has not got the respect of the players around him so i think its time he got the boot

are you serious m8 i was at the game and you cannot go saying that the behaviour of some of the buninyong people was a disgrace. why is it that i saw 3 buninyong blokes get kicks in the head while on the ground just dirty cheap kicks thats what i call disgrace and also a 17 year old kid playing a game in seniors getting a cheat little punch from joel adams i thinks thats waht you call dirty you have to respect the young kids having a go

are you serious m8 i was at the game and you cannot go saying that the behaviour of some of the buninyong people was a disgrace. why is it that i saw 3 buninyong blokes get kicks in the head while on the ground just dirty cheap kicks thats what i call disgrace and also a 17 year old kid playing a game in seniors getting a cheat little punch from joel adams i thinks thats waht you call dirty you have to respect the young kids having a go
No mate thats football.
It is wrong but its football. Both gilberts would do the same.

Just wondering if learmonth are close to sacking there two's coach, promised alot at the start of the year and they just dont seem to be performing. To beat gordon by only 10 points is not good enough considering he told a couple of his players in the pub friday night they would win by at least 70. It seems he has not got the respect of the players around him so i think its time he got the boot

in honesty, gordon arent that bad a twos side however, it was wet and its reserves, the form guides of teams goes up and down more so than any other division because its most affected by injury any absenses
learmonth will probably be there abouts come late august

Ild like to use that umbrella on you animal, especially with the back chat I receice from you on game day.

Just a swipe at the CHFL delegates and the Secretary, when will you get up with the times and start supporting your members which is your football clubs. You people are old and passed it, and should move on, especially since you are not offereing a service and holding this great league back and not being proactive and ensuring it moves forward.
Ild be pi ssed if I was gordon, I know of other clubs that have their netballers play away from the footy (Creswick/Buninyong at stages and im sure their are other clubs) and you use a petty excuse in the end stating that the ground isnt playable. How can it change so drastically in a week. A cop out in my opinion.
How about the league work in with the umpires ensuring that all senior games have umpires, its ridiculous that the 2nd best competion in the district gets 4th selection of umpires and why? because we dont want to promote Sunday football which has proved to be a major winner, though clubs are requesting it. We as a league dont want to put any finances as the other leagues do in developing umpires and we are pretty much more financial than the other leagues. What a fast the league medal will be this year with home umpires giving votes? It will lose its credibility! Also it will only take an incident off the ball before something gets out of hand. Receipe for disaster. Delegates stand up and do something rather than sitting back waiting for a pat on the back for the big finals crowds and Grand final which you deserve no credit over anyway.
Also allowing un registered players to play for clubs, and sending out an email explaining that they must be registered before they play. The VCFL has rules for this and its called a forfeit. How about acting on that, and if clubs lose their points and receive a fine, im sure they will learn pretty quckly, but NO, it may cause some conflict.
And 4 on the bench is too many in Senior footy especially with clubs struggling to fill 2nds sides (3 is more tha adequate). Quaters have been dropped from 25 to 20 so lets act. Hand on for a secong, thats too logical and proactive.

over and out

AJ I am not a big wrap for you generally and have told you when I thought you have said some stupid things on here, but this post is spot on the money.....

I think someone should print this out and hand deliver it to Gerard and Diane Ryan, as well as give a copy to old Reg who is well and truly past his due by date to hand in his resignation. Time for a new executive....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too Slow, Too Fat and Too Old. Should be a non playing coach.

You were right Dford Dog! See page 76 of today's Courier.
No umpires at Buninyong v Clunes.

waubra vs daylesford
newlyn vs bungaree
springbank vs gordon
learmonth vs ballan
buninyoung vs clunes
dunnstown vs creswick
hepburn vs beaufort

waubra vs daylesford
newlyn vs bungaree
springbank vs gordon
learmonth vs ballan
buninyong vs clunes
dunnstown vs creswick
hepburn vs beaufort

Ild like to use that umbrella on you animal, especially with the back chat I receice from you on game day.

Just a swipe at the CHFL delegates and the Secretary, when will you get up with the times and start supporting your members which is your football clubs. You people are old and passed it, and should move on, especially since you are not offereing a service and holding this great league back and not being proactive and ensuring it moves forward.
Ild be pi ssed if I was gordon, I know of other clubs that have their netballers play away from the footy (Creswick/Buninyong at stages and im sure their are other clubs) and you use a petty excuse in the end stating that the ground isnt playable. How can it change so drastically in a week. A cop out in my opinion.
How about the league work in with the umpires ensuring that all senior games have umpires, its ridiculous that the 2nd best competion in the district gets 4th selection of umpires and why? because we dont want to promote Sunday football which has proved to be a major winner, though clubs are requesting it. We as a league dont want to put any finances as the other leagues do in developing umpires and we are pretty much more financial than the other leagues. What a fast the league medal will be this year with home umpires giving votes? It will lose its credibility! Also it will only take an incident off the ball before something gets out of hand. Receipe for disaster. Delegates stand up and do something rather than sitting back waiting for a pat on the back for the big finals crowds and Grand final which you deserve no credit over anyway.
Also allowing un registered players to play for clubs, and sending out an email explaining that they must be registered before they play. The VCFL has rules for this and its called a forfeit. How about acting on that, and if clubs lose their points and receive a fine, im sure they will learn pretty quckly, but NO, it may cause some conflict.
And 4 on the bench is too many in Senior footy especially with clubs struggling to fill 2nds sides (3 is more tha adequate). Quaters have been dropped from 25 to 20 so lets act. Hand on for a secong, thats too logical and proactive.

over and out

Wasn't it the council who decided that the ground was too hard? While I feel sorry for Gordon, they aren't the only club in the district who have had to move home games over the last few years (Buninyong, Waubra, Ballan, Sebas, Marsh, Lakers) so theres been a bit of an over reaction to the Gordon situation.
Which clubs are requesting Sunday footy? Everyone I have spoken to - players and supporters - don't want Sunday footy.
What club and player(s) are you referring to playing unregistered players? Did the offending club win the game involved? If yes, should be automatic loss of points if the opposing club lodges a complaint.
Agree that the league administrators need a shake up, but there has to be people to take their place.

If you were allocated sunday games to help alleviate problems with umpiring numbers, then u could definitely wear playing 1 or maybe 2 sunday games for a season. I played in a number of Sunday fixtures and a few Friday night fixtures in Geelong, and the big crowds were great for club coffers. U can put up with being sore at work the next day fine, especially if it means club umpires are avoided in senior matches.

Works pretty well, and in the case of friday night fixtures, the juniors still play saturday mornings (little later start as they dont have to kick off quite so early.) Reserves would start about 6:30, seniors at 8:20.

I cant believe it, Gordon actually won a game of footy. What are they up to now? 3 in 3 years???

Does anyone know how this happened?? Didnt spingbank turn up?

I cant believe it, Gordon actually won a game of footy. What are they up to now? 3 in 3 years???

Does anyone know how this happened?? Didnt spingbank turn up?

Gordon were too good on the day even with a coulple of key midfielders missing through injury. Good win for the boys especially considering Springbank brought back Grevis and Venna especially for this match.

If you were allocated sunday games to help alleviate problems with umpiring numbers, then u could definitely wear playing 1 or maybe 2 sunday games for a season. I played in a number of Sunday fixtures and a few Friday night fixtures in Geelong, and the big crowds were great for club coffers. U can put up with being sore at work the next day fine, especially if it means club umpires are avoided in senior matches.

Works pretty well, and in the case of friday night fixtures, the juniors still play saturday mornings (little later start as they dont have to kick off quite so early.) Reserves would start about 6:30, seniors at 8:20.

the reason the chfl is so succesful is that all grades play at the same venue on the same day. change that and we get crowds like the bfl do, simply noone really cares and you lose that sense of club spirit.
sundays could be maybe done with one game per week such as hepburn v daylesford, learmonth v waubra, dunnstown v bungaree games where the rivalry/crowd drawing factor is there but not too many people want to play sunday football as far as i see it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back