Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Exciting last round to set up the last 2 spots in finals. For me it’s Cohuna and Balranald clinch the spots.

Cohuna should handle Nyah over there easily enough on their current form and I think that Balranald get the job done over Tooleybuc.

Unless Woorinen have a 15-20 goal win over Tyntynder they might miss out on percentage.

Exciting last round to set up the last 2 spots in finals. For me it’s Cohuna and Balranald clinch the spots.

Cohuna should handle Nyah over there easily enough on their current form and I think that Balranald get the job done over Tooleybuc.

Unless Woorinen have a 15-20 goal win over Tyntynder they might miss out on percentage.
If they can beat Nyah easily I’d have them as flag favourites.

I think nyah will rest players as they don't want to be sore playing lalbert first week of finals. They don't want to play a hard game on the big cohuna ground and limp into finals sore, they'd go out in straight

They have been resting a few over the last few weeks and had the bye this week so might go in full strength

Yeh this. They have been resting players and missing half a dozen or so for most of the season. I think they will try and get them all on the park this week.

Is Jydon Neagle getting back?

Most sides have been missing key players recently. Hopefully all are on the park first week of finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Righto folks, I've been sitting on this one for a while but I can't keep it to myself anymore. A mate of mine is good friends with a bloke who works for AFL (North Vic Region), and he said that there are - and has been for a while - serious behind the scenes talks of introducing a new club after the league and Region management became aware of Cohuna wanting to depart.

The team will be the Murray Downs Rams. My mate even managed to have the preliminary logo design sent to him (don't ask how).

My guess is this will take some serious funding and time to get going, but I love the idea. Would love to see the Rams in the league.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-18 at 11.48.55 am.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-18 at 11.48.55 am.png
    425.5 KB · Views: 27
Righto folks, I've been sitting on this one for a while but I can't keep it to myself anymore. A mate of mine is good friends with a bloke who works for AFL (North Vic Region), and he said that there are - and has been for a while - serious behind the scenes talks of introducing a new club after the league and Region management became aware of Cohuna wanting to depart.

The team will be the Murray Downs Rams. My mate even managed to have the preliminary logo design sent to him (don't ask how).

My guess is this will take some serious funding and time to get going, but I love the idea. Would love to see the Rams in the league.

No chance….where are the players coming from for this? Swan Hill isn’t big enough to sustain all the current clubs it already feeds

No chance….where are the players coming from for this? Swan Hill isn’t big enough to sustain all the current clubs it already feeds
With the golden rivers likely to fold there’ll be quite a few players and families looking for a new club.

With the golden rivers likely to fold there’ll be quite a few players and families looking for a new club.

True but there are plenty of clubs crying out for new people already without adding a new club. The demise of the golden rivers is sad but eventually will help central Murray clubs to survive

I like the idea Don
There will need to be a complete restructure of the 2 leagues for this to get off the ground
What cm clubs do u think can go stand alone in a 2 league restructure

There needs to be less clubs in swan hill itself and this could work
Where else do u see 2 clubs across the road from each other
Needs to be 1 club in town with one premier facility
Could we see the swans and bulldogs combine

Will their home base be the federal?

What would you call them Swyntynder?

From all reports, if Cohuna get the green light from HDFL, there will be serious steps being made to establishing the Rams. Exciting times

Will their home base be the federal?
I would think that the owner of the Federal would be a big backer of this venture. Imagine 100 people through the door for meals on a Thursday night and a few venture on in to the slots. Win win. We need to get behind this.
When will lalbert make the move into town?

I would think that the owner of the Federal would be a big backer of this venture. Imagine 100 people through the door for meals on a Thursday night and a few venture on in to the slots. Win win. We need to get behind this.
When will lalbert make the move into town?

Where would Lalbert play if they moved into town?

Also, why would they?

The 2 Wangaratta clubs are based across the road from each other.

Shepp United and Shepp Bears share Deakin in Shepparton

Sandhurst and South Bendigo were o tenants of the QEO until recently

The 2 Wangaratta clubs are based across the road from each other.

Shepp United and Shepp Bears share Deakin in Shepparton

Sandhurst and South Bendigo were o tenants of the QEO until recently
Wangaratta 30000, Shepparton 60000, Bendigo 100000, swan hill 15000

Remove this Banner Ad

Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back