Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with either football club, but my daughter plays netball at Macorna so I see a few games.

I will tell you what I saw, under 17s Macorna player got hit well off the ball (I know he's playing senior football, but I saw him playing 17s earlier) I think the president's son? I'm guessing because the ultima bloke was knocked out he didn't get reported but he probably should have been.
So a small Macorna player in long sleeves started a push and shove resulting in a yellow card for him, unsure about the Ultima bloke but after that he was in the process of coming off, when he was cleaned up by from what I saw was a hip and shoulder and was out cold.

The boundary umpire probably no older than 14, gave the red card after almost being bullied into it by the Ultima crowd. Saying you saw that, it was a king hit etc..I can honestly say I never saw a punch

So the Macorna bloke is walking off, Next thing I know, I'm almost getting bowled over by an ultima supporter trying to get to him only to be held back by the Macorna supporters. That was enough for me, I didn't hang around for anything after that.

Very surprised by 10 weeks but that's what they do with concussion these days, mind you the 2 Macorna kids thst were ko'd by late hits in both the seniors and 17s didn't result in reports or send offs 🤷‍♂️
Well that’s a very conflicting report to the other 10 I have heard from people at that game. Kyle Symons would possibly the last person who would rough up a kid. And surely you aren’t trying to do defend a bloke who runs off the bench, straight into the head of a bloke not watching who was running to the bench? Left convulsing on the ground? Give me a spell

Well that’s a very conflicting report to the other 10 I have heard from people at that game. Kyle Symons would possibly the last person who would rough up a kid. And surely you aren’t trying to do defend a bloke who runs off the bench, straight into the head of a bloke not watching who was running to the bench? Left convulsing on the ground? Give me a spell
I saw the incident and Kyle Symons got a 50m penalty paid against him for doing exactly that , roughing up a 17yr old after he marked it , if you watch the footage he looked concussed from the field fight before he left the ground , that fight starting from the incident where the 50m penalty was paid the the young Macorna bloke ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the Nyah v Cohuna game today, first time I’ve seen Nyah really shaken up in the last quarter. Cohuna could have ran over the top of them.. Great game though
Wasn’t at the game. Was in the car listening to it. Gallo seemed to be massive with his run and carry according to the 3sh boys.

Gallo was indeed best on ground.
Helman and Mitchell went down before half time which no doubt affected their rotations on a warmish day.
Mitchell with a hammy and Helman copped a knee in the back which affected his breathing so keep an eye on that.
Kangas would be disappointed with their inability to hold onto marks, particularly around half forward. The turnovers were costly.
Word is that Flynn Appleby might be pulling the boots on for a few games, might not be able to make much difference given the position the Kangas find themselves in however.

Gallo was indeed best on ground.
Helman and Mitchell went down before half time which no doubt affected their rotations on a warmish day.
Mitchell with a hammy and Helman copped a knee in the back which affected his breathing so keep an eye on that.
Kangas would be disappointed with their inability to hold onto marks, particularly around half forward. The turnovers were costly.
Word is that Flynn Appleby might be pulling the boots on for a few games, might not be able to make much difference given the position the Kangas find themselves in however.
How's Geary going kid?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back