Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard from a very strong source out of the tyntynder camp there is a lot of moving parts this offseason, two gun recruits Matt King & Ned Lay who play a very important role inside the four walls and are highly rated are on the way out, Matt Gillbee is also once again attracting a lot of interest as a versatile key position swingman who has been a star the last two years since coming to the club - Nyah and Boga trying to initiate discussions with him big $$$$

Arguably the biggest news, the favourite son Solly McKay who is currently VFL listed with Essendon and playing at NFL powerhouse Heidelberg is considering a home coming - will go around the VFL circuit again but considering nominating Tyntynder as his home club for big $$$$ despite still being a 1-point player - maybe this is the offseason the dogs shake it up and splash the cash?!?!
would Mckay take the large $$$$ payout from his local club?? Seems a bit 'show of character' if you ask me...

would Mckay take the large $$$$ payout from his local club?? Seems a bit 'show of character' if you ask me...
I think he will only end up playing a handful of games - potentially qualify for finals if they get there, so Tyntynder happy to throw the cash at him.... eagle not coming back frees up 85% of the salary cap!!!!

Another rumor starting to circulate is Balranald's golden boy Nick Hodgson considering a move back to the club next season, has been approached muultiple times by the roos about potentially coming back from Melbourne where he has split his time between North Melbourne VFL and VAFA footy the last couple years.

Only interested in the coaching gig if he can bring great mate and VFL talent Tanner Lewis back with him - Lewis being a junior at woora, has had a strong couple years as a key position prospect at Geelong VFL & the Geelong West Giants in the strong GFL competition

Whilst both still reasonably young, both have strong knowledge and connections within the football industry - will be interesting to see if this plays out, can only see it happening if the Neagle boys leave.

Another rumor starting to circulate is Balranald's golden boy Nick Hodgson considering a move back to the club next season, has been approached muultiple times by the roos about potentially coming back from Melbourne where he has split his time between North Melbourne VFL and VAFA footy the last couple years.

Only interested in the coaching gig if he can bring great mate and VFL talent Tanner Lewis back with him - Lewis being a junior at woora, has had a strong couple years as a key position prospect at Geelong VFL & the Geelong West Giants in the strong GFL competition

Whilst both still reasonably young, both have strong knowledge and connections within the football industry - will be interesting to see if this plays out, can only see it happening if the Neagle boys leave.
If Lewis plays footy half as good as his father makes coffee then balaranld could really have some promise on their hands...

If Lewis plays footy half as good as his father makes coffee then balaranld could really have some promise on their hands...
his uncle was pretty handy as well..... strong pedigree, wouldn't surprise me if he brought a few young blokes with him from Geelong - Euriah Hollard currently at Bell Park was approached by Marcus Demaria last year offering him over $1000 a week after hearing he was unhappy at Newtown, could be a massive chance to come with Lewis being very close mates.

his uncle was pretty handy as well..... strong pedigree, wouldn't surprise me if he brought a few young blokes with him from Geelong - Euriah Hollard currently at Bell Park was approached by Marcus Demaria last year offering him over $1000 a week after hearing he was unhappy at Newtown, could be a massive chance to come with Lewis being very close mates.
How would this go with salary cap???!! They seriously are not policing it whatsoever! Typical Balranald, paying players shitloads from everywhere across the state! No forget the state!! The country!

How would this go with salary cap???!! They seriously are not policing it whatsoever! Typical Balranald, paying players shitloads from everywhere across the state! No forget the state!! The country!
no such thing as a salary cap in NSW!!!!! Roos have been doing the dodge for years, hasn't got them any silverware recently!!

no such thing as a salary cap in NSW!!!!! Roos have been doing the dodge for years, hasn't got them any silverware recently!!
Don’t get silverware for runners up! You’re on the money with no salary cap in NSW, hay are forking out money from the salt bush up there!! Paying 6-7 Sydney & Brisbane blokes and flying them to Griffith where they have a car provided by the club to drive to hay each week!!! Tell me how that fits in the salary cap!!!! TELL ME!!!

Tanner Lewis has serious foot issues and is unlikely to play as requires surgery
Nick Hodgson has had his fair share of injuries too! Cant forget he’s not a very big fella so I don’t see many positives to this! They could turn out to be more like non playing coaches!
Think both boys have copped plenty "stress" related injuries due to over use - training at high intensities at VFL level, part of the reason the move back to CMFL is very much intriguing

Could be a very risky move for balranald, but you never know. Rumours circulating out of nyah camp, League goal kicker Brandyn Grenfell has already signed with a new club in Bendigo for next year! Didn’t even wait around to see how deep they go into finals, my bet is if they lose this weekend against lalbert, they’ll be gone in straight sets against cohuna the following week

Could be a very risky move for balranald, but you never know. Rumours circulating out of nyah camp, League goal kicker Brandyn Grenfell has already signed with a new club in Bendigo for next year! Didn’t even wait around to see how deep they go into finals, my bet is if they lose this weekend against lalbert, they’ll be gone in straight sets against cohuna the following week
WOW! huge news, blokes a star- that trusty boot a money printing machine, available to hire for the highest bidder it seems!!! he has the CUPIDO ITIS - loyalty no longer it seems. Cohuna are seriously building, hitting their straps at the right time of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WOW! huge news, blokes a star- that trusty boot a money printing machine, available to hire for the highest bidder it seems!!! he has the CUPIDO ITIS - loyalty no longer it seems. Cohuna are seriously building, hitting their straps at the right time of the year.
Exactly my thoughts mate!! Yes the old cupido itis, contagious to blokes who kick bags and chase money. Nyah may be back down on the ladder next year if they cannot get the job done this year, hearing whispers that the Iudica brothers are also interested in moving on if they don’t find success from this season. Joel Walsh is also in talks with other clubs, hearing lots of money being thrown at the gun Centre half back

Jeez, seems to be lots of new profiles around with breaking news lately! Although some appears to be akin to throwing mud at the wall and seeing what sticks…

Brookshaw and GRS, you boys just worry bout wearing baggy shorts and op shop shoes in Melbourne. Leave the CM chat to us okay.
Mate I’m a beloved swan hill man, my family has been here for a century, I’m no Melbourne hipster with their indie music, I’m as hard core swan hill as it gets, Mr Pidgeon carrier

my name is stephen pearce and I own mallee mowing
Pearcy! I been waiting for you to do a job for me mate, you still got that young Matt king bloke working for you? Along with that Jordi Bibby kid, he wasn’t much of a hard worker tbh
Jeez, seems to be lots of new profiles around with breaking news lately! Although some appears to be akin to throwing mud at the wall and seeing what sticks…
Just what you call good inside intel mate, you could learn a thing

Stevie j is coaching newtown, reckon he stays

Exactly my thoughts mate!! Yes the old cupido itis, contagious to blokes who kick bags and chase money. Nyah may be back down on the ladder next year if they cannot get the job done this year, hearing whispers that the Iudica brothers are also interested in moving on if they don’t find success from this season. Joel Walsh is also in talks with other clubs, hearing lots of money being thrown at the gun Centre half back
Grenfell is going back to his previous coach, different club though, comparing him to Cupido is pretty far fetched and borderline insulting.

Ita pretty standard for guys to be signed at other clubs before the years over, it's not 1997 anymore. Grenfell doesn't live in Swan hill it's taxing travelling each week. He had 2 years at marong and I think he's playing at nyah through he's playing days up north. He could get more at other clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back