Central Murray FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FOOZ said:
I have read your comments and Kelvin 69s along with a few others and have a point to make about this issue. The lalbert football club has never been known to have cheap shot players who mean to hit kids whilst i have been at the club. The comments that have been made by people on this thread have nothing positive to say about any club or any individual for that matter who they have not got there c o c k up there a r s e. I think everyone would find that each team has had an incident that they may not be proud of, its just a matter of if the oposition team wish to make a song and dace of it as Tooleybuc have. You did not hear lalbert sooking when a woorineen player whilst running to the bench run over to the lalbert coach and threaten to kill him after hitting one of our boys do you, or about a Kerang player repeatly back handing our kids. Neither does the Lalbert coach condone that sort of behivour like any coach in this league.......

Well why did the whole Lalbert bench cheer after the poor young bloke got king hit from behind? Please explain. Their were many many witnesses.

Nifty78 said:
I think a "king hit" behind play is worth looking into. Didn't Lalbert "make a song and dance" a couple of seasons ago !

Word of advice buddy, run your spell check over your post !

i did not say that king hits are not worth looking into, thats if they happen.. FAKE HAIR obviously you were just looking at the lalbert jumpers all day, KELVIN 69 i agree as i said every club has an incident that they are not proud of, dont worry ive seen tooleytang do that on a few occasions.

FOOZ said:
I have read your comments and Kelvin 69s along with a few others and have a point to make about this issue. The lalbert football club has never been known to have cheap shot players who mean to hit kids whilst i have been at the club. The comments that have been made by people on this thread have nothing positive to say about any club or any individual for that matter who they have not got there c o c k up there a r s e. I think everyone would find that each team has had an incident that they may not be proud of, its just a matter of if the oposition team wish to make a song and dace of it as Tooleybuc have. You did not hear lalbert sooking when a woorineen player whilst running to the bench run over to the lalbert coach and threaten to kill him after hitting one of our boys do you, or about a Kerang player repeatly back handing our kids. Neither does the Lalbert coach condone that sort of behivour like any coach in this league.......

No we didnt hear you but I would like you all to tell us. Sounds interesting.

Does Jamie Cann still play at Balranald. Damm good player.

Anyone heard what he was like as coach?

Thought the crew on the CMFL site might be interested in this article from today's Shepp News. Looks like it'll be put off for a year.

The push to establish a new Echucabased football league appears doomed.
A News survey yesterday revealed the ambitious proposal doesn't have the necessary support at club level to become a reality.
At least four of the 11 clubs pivotal to the project's success have indicated a reluctance to sever their current allegiances and form a new league.
The Deniliquin Rovers, Echuca United, Picola United and Tongala are all expected to reject an official invitation to join the new venture.
"We've talked about this on several occasions and we're absolutely not interested," Echuca United president Robin Rowbottom said yesterday.
"We're more than happy in the Murray league and we think this proposed move would be a big step backwards."
Deni Rovers counterpart Michael Fleming agreed, saying his club would prefer to remain in Picola District Football League.
"While we're not delighted with the current 15-club composition, we see our future in the Picola league," Fleming said.
"We think there would be too great a gap in the standard of the clubs earmarked for the Echuca league."
Deni Rovers, Echuca United, Picola United and Tongala have all been earmarked as potential foundation members of the proposed league, along with Pyramid Hill, Moama, Mathoura, LeitchvilleGunbower, Lockington-Bamawm United, Cohuna Kangas and Koondrook.
Victorian Country Football League official Alan Davies has spent the past week gauging the level of support that exists for the venture.
Davies, along with fellow VCFL representative John O'Donohue, has been pitching the new league to several clubs throughout the Goulburn Murray region.
The new league will only become a reality if at least 10 clubs pledge their support.
Davies said a vote would be taken by the end of the month and a definitive decision made one way or the other.
"By the end of July we'll know if we're going to push ahead or defer discussions for another 12 months," he said.

Driving force

July 7 2006
Shepparton News

The push to establish an Echucabased competition is being spearheaded by disgruntled Central Murray Football League clubs Leitchville-Gunbower, Koondrook-Barham and Cohuna.

The trio, along with Mathoura, Moama and Lockington-Bamawm United have spent the past six months exploring the logistics behind creating the league.

The working party recently released a three-page document outlining the possible framework, including minimum number of clubs, administration structure and even availability of umpires.

It is hoped the prospectus will help clubs make an informed decision about the new league.

FAKE_HAIR said:
Yes 02 there is a bizarre love triangle going on between the boys and a certain JOLLY lady.. Causing a few dramas let me tell you.. Word on the street is that cullen is not happy and is gunna take wedgetail down. Any thoghts 02?
Word is that walters has openly admitted that he no longer regards cullen as a friend, cullen has decided to go his own way and seems to be doing alot better after teaming up with world renound almond farmer dallas jones... and walters is now trying to work things out with his JOLLY old mrs.. Hope everything works out for the wedgetail.. manang need a few more little juniors running around....

Doona2 said:
Driving force

July 7 2006
Shepparton News

The push to establish an Echucabased competition is being spearheaded by disgruntled Central Murray Football League clubs Leitchville-Gunbower, Koondrook-Barham and Cohuna.

The trio, along with Mathoura, Moama and Lockington-Bamawm United have spent the past six months exploring the logistics behind creating the league.

The working party recently released a three-page document outlining the possible framework, including minimum number of clubs, administration structure and even availability of umpires.

It is hoped the prospectus will help clubs make an informed decision about the new league.

Sorry, must have missed the first bit

THE STATE OF CENTRAL MURRAY FOOTBALL.
Im very intersested on peoples thoughts on how the cmfl is travelling and has the standard of football dropped off in the past few years or has it gotten stronger?.
Who are the ex afl players running around in this league?
Are there any clubs spending a fortune on players??
Is it true that Koondrook/Barham have not spent a cent on players and thats why they are bottom?.
Your thoughts would be great to read............

madpie said:
Im very intersested on peoples thoughts on how the cmfl is travelling and has the standard of football dropped off in the past few years or has it gotten stronger?.
Is it true that Koondrook/Barham have not spent a cent on players and thats why they are bottom?.
If it hasnt dropped off it soon will as it is one of only 3 leagues to have adopted the point system .Leaving it opened to be r*ped by neighboring leauges .Struggling teams will not be able to rebuild .Player payments for clubs own born and bred players (1 pointers) will rise dramaticly as clubs struggle to hang on to them.Egomaniacs that run leauges dont see this as a problem as long as it gives them a bit of publicity

hey fooz (chris worner)... why is lalbert losing these days... if i remember correctly they were the team to beat a while back... remember then when you thought ya were the greatest team going round... if i were you i'd pack my bags and stay in melbs...:thumbsu::thumbsu:

cellar_dweller said:
If it hasnt dropped off it soon will as it is one of only 3 leagues to have adopted the point system .Leaving it opened to be r*ped by neighboring leauges .Struggling teams will not be able to rebuild .Player payments for clubs own born and bred players (1 pointers) will rise dramaticly as clubs struggle to hang on to them.Egomaniacs that run leauges dont see this as a problem as long as it gives them a bit of publicity

That post made way too much sense for this forum Cellar.:thumbsu:

The points system is hardly an ego thing for League officals. I reckon the league administrators and the district bloke Alan Davies spend a lot if their time trying to drag clubs out of the manure left by club officals who buy flags (theres the ego) and depart with the players when the moneys gone.
So much for the effectiveness of the salary cap.
If all leagues were to adopt the points system then the whole money thing is limited. Clubs can still recruit within limits but the idea of fostering your locals takes on a new importance.
They may leave to better their football ,go to school or whatever but many return and they're your zero pointers (at least in the SFL system).
I believe that Irymple in the Sunraysia F.L. would not of used much more than 5 or 6 of their point alocation of 22 this year and are currently flag favourites.
The Central Murray L has attracted a number of players from the SFL one club in particular. How will this club fare when the money tree is pruned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The point sysem was introduced for afew simple reasons...
-Because the sunraysia league complained about the players they were loosing.. (As already said by someone)\
-And because it would increase tyntynder and swan hills strangle hold on the league... simply because the system favours supporting the locals.. and it is fact that no other club in the league has anywhere near the number of quality juniors as swan hill , tyntyder . (not that it is their fault by any means)\
The system is suppose to prevent clubs from buying up finals..
CAn anyone name a club other than the two town clubs,, boga (CLose to town ) and woora.. who have won a flag by not paying through the nose.....???
Swan HIll and tyntyder were sick of thier good sides been beaten by outsiders.. so we bring in the point system..
MY only argument is.... Life is "Survival of the fittest" meaning in footy terms... IF balranald, tooley tang,, kerang etc.. want to get off their arse and work like dogs to raise money to buy a flag.. then fantastic for them....
just because a few clubs in mildura.. and the two in swan hill do not WANT to go out and raise money and thier supporters (IF ANY) do not want to donate hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars.. then they will finish second best.... why disadvantage the clubs that have a crack?????

footy02 said:
-Because the sunraysia league complained about the players they were loosing.. (As already said by someone)\
-And because it would increase tyntynder and swan hills strangle hold on the league... simply because the system favours supporting the locals.. and it is fact that no other club in the league has anywhere near the number of quality juniors as swan hill , tyntyder . (not that it is their fault by any means)\
CAn anyone name a club other than the two town clubs,, boga (CLose to town ) and woora.. who have won a flag by not paying through the nose.....???
Swan HIll and tyntyder were sick of thier good sides been beaten by outsiders.. so we bring in the point system..
MY only argument is.... Life is "Survival of the fittest" meaning in footy terms... IF balranald, tooley tang,, kerang etc.. want to get off their arse and work like dogs to raise money to buy a flag.. then fantastic for them....
just because a few clubs in mildura.. and the two in swan hill do not WANT to go out and raise money and thier supporters (IF ANY) do not want to donate hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars.. then they will finish second best.... why disadvantage the clubs that have a crack?????
If thats not a statement from a scourned, no idea, chip on your shoulder out of town player, from a club thats had no success, I dont know what is.
In town clubs work just as hard as out of town clubs.

footy02 said:

Well said 02, couldn't agree more. The monza needs to wake up and see what's really going on. A lot of clubs need to save money and make do for several years before having a shot at the title, eg Lake Boga this year, not paying much at all, and it shows, they are already talking about next year. No club wants to pay good money to finish out of the finals.
The points system stops clubs from doing this, thus giving SH and Tyn a greater chance of winning due to their number of players.
It is unfortunate but in this league when the money is gone, so are the players.

madpie said:
I HEAR RIVER RAPERS HAVE BEEN PAYING OFFTHEIR PLAYER/COACHES DEBTS FROM RECENT YEARS AND ONLY JUST BROKE EVEN. HAVE LOTS OF POTENTIAL WITH SOME GREAT YOUNGSTERS, JUMBO TERRIFIC LEADER. GOOD SIDE AT THEIR HOME GROUND ENCOURAGED BY THEIR SAVAGE SUPPORTER BASE. FROM ALL ACCOUNTS ARE HOLDING THEIR OWN WITH WHAT JUNIORS THEY HAVE. THEY ARE GUARANTEED TO CREATE AN UPSET EACH YEAR.

Which Club Do You Rate As Having The Worst Supporter Base For Sledging And Abuse Over The Fence? Have Witnessed Some Shockers Over The Last Few Weeks, Do People Have Nothing Better To Do With Their Time .

CLIFTON WANNABE said:
I HEAR RIVER RAPERS HAVE BEEN PAYING OFFTHEIR PLAYER/COACHES DEBTS FROM RECENT YEARS AND ONLY JUST BROKE EVEN. HAVE LOTS OF POTENTIAL WITH SOME GREAT YOUNGSTERS, JUMBO TERRIFIC LEADER. GOOD SIDE AT THEIR HOME GROUND ENCOURAGED BY THEIR SAVAGE SUPPORTER BASE. FROM ALL ACCOUNTS ARE HOLDING THEIR OWN WITH WHAT JUNIORS THEY HAVE. THEY ARE GUARANTEED TO CREATE AN UPSET EACH YEAR.
cheers]

all i got to say is go tigers. Now theres a team thats playing with heart. I know most of the boys. they know they havnt got the greatest team going around but there battlers. 2 in a row boys!!! keep up the good work!!!

CLIFTON WANNABE said:
Which Club Do You Rate As Having The Worst Supporter Base For Sledging And Abuse Over The Fence? Have Witnessed Some Shockers Over The Last Few Weeks, Do People Have Nothing Better To Do With Their Time .
id say kerang, ferals full of grog in front of the can bar, can get let me say rowdy and dont mind a bit of flat out abuse to ALL

CLIFTON WANNABE said:

Wouldn't be Swan Hill. They have no supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back