Central Murray FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ill drink to that goBears!! Interleauge is a joke,. The coaches and selectors pick there favourites and most blokes use it as a reason to get away and have the weekend off. A split round would help the issue.

chooken said:
ill drink to that goBears!! Interleauge is a joke,. The coaches and selectors pick there favourites and most blokes use it as a reason to get away and have the weekend off. A split round would help the issue.

Definitely need something to happen, one weekend off for the entire season just isnt good enough. Dont think its the coaches or selectors fault, nor the players for that manner, scrap the whole concept i say

iamfooty said:
Aaron ***** is his name. Goes very well. No doubt that Kieran Treacy is the best defender going around and his Bombers and interleague team-mate Ryan Prendergast would also be in the top 5. Both have been the key behind LG's mini revival and both played in the key possies for CMFL
NO doubt about treacy. Good honest backman. Prendergast no where near. Great runner off half back but He plays the same game as prympke. They wouldnt have manned up in there career. One of the top full forwards would tear them to bits!!!

GoBears said:
Definitely need something to happen, one weekend off for the entire season just isnt good enough. Dont think its the coaches or selectors fault, nor the players for that manner, scrap the whole concept i say
Yeah theres deffinately ways to fix it. Nah not the selectors or coaches fault, but i do think that when it comes to picking there squad they go to much on past reputation than current form. Current form will win u games, Nothing in the past can help you.

FROGDOG17 said:
And what a F&*kwit you are sockit sounds like you are about 3 years old. Swan Hill and Tyntynder mark their own lines ya w a n k. And FOOTY02 i definately agree with what your saying, it would involve lots of time and effort. Out of town clubs have those options.......what have the in town clubs got? Fundraising and functions, raffles e.t.c. Tyntynder had to find ways to make money so they spent money years ago on their lights and made them good enough to start the night series which is a great money spinner for them. e t c. I do agree with you, again i'm just saying that they to do hundreds of hours to keep their club on track. Steve Matthews singing anything has got nothing to do with handouts!:)

CL,

if tyntynder calls this hard work then they have got something coming, they are just the necessary things that need to be done to keep a footy club going. its the bigger things that make the club successful. all footy clubs have raffles etc but only the hard workers get out to the bunkers and paddocks and fruit blocks, it can be done. your right, they dont have many supporters

clifton's lookalike said:
What team do you play for that doesn't get the ground mowed by council chooken?
I dont play in this leauge anymore but i can gaurantee you that woora dosnt. And youl will find that i think only swan hill and tyntynder do

GoBears said:
Brad Carroll best forward, Warrick Campbell goes well & the bloke from Koondrook name escapes me, takes marks good player

I have done a little research on the forwards=
B. Carroll 93 goals in 11 games = 8.45 goals per game
J. Arentz 79 goals in 9 games = 8.78 goals per game

So on the stats I will run with Arentz as best forward, just.

I have been around to a few different games this year and seen most teams play and the best backmen would have to be out of Treacy, Pohlner and O'Sullivan. Although Treacy has been towelled by Arentz and Carroll this year (12 and 15 goals respectively), but performed well against Holt and Pumpa and has been named in the best most weeks.

chooken said:
I dont play in this leauge anymore but i can gaurantee you that woora dosnt. And youl will find that i think only swan hill and tyntynder do

know a fair bit about the league and have a fair bit to say about it for someone who's not involved in it any more. ex woorinen player? i was 99% sure that all teams in the council had there ovals serviced by the council unless the ovals were privately owned then the clubs would have to mow there own. i could be wrong but i will do my homework and apologise if i'm wrong

My Shout said:

I have been around to a few different games this year and seen most teams play and the best backmen would have to be out of Treacy, Pohlner and O'Sullivan. Although Treacy has been towelled by Arentz and Carroll this year (12 and 15 goals respectively), but performed well against Holt and Pumpa and has been named in the best most weeks.

Who are the best midfielders in the league this year??

My Shout said:

Yeah im agreeing with you there i reckon. I also like campbell, and beasy has held both blokes well. Carrol had kicked 5 in the first quarter when he went on to him thids year and kicked 8. dont think he played against tooleytang but last year held him to 3

austin_23 said:
CL,

if tyntynder calls this hard work then they have got something coming, they are just the necessary things that need to be done to keep a footy club going. its the bigger things that make the club successful. all footy clubs have raffles etc but only the hard workers get out to the bunkers and paddocks and fruit blocks, it can be done. your right, they dont have many supporters

yeah austin it took a lot of manpower and raffles to get enough money to pay for and actually get them lights set up, not to mention the cost of running them. like i have said i dont think there is a differnce between the clubs working hard there is probably a difference in manpower and manpower means $$$$

know a fair bit about the league and have a fair bit to say about it for someone who's not involved in it any more. ex woorinen player? i was 99% sure that all teams in the council had there ovals serviced by the council unless the ovals were privately owned then the clubs would have to mow there own. i could be wrong but i will do my homework and apologise if i'm wrong
But that is exactly what im saying. oora and lalbert and these clubs own there grounds because they dont have a choice. The in town clubs dont have to do a thing so why would they want to own them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

chooken said:
But that is exactly what im saying. oora and lalbert and these clubs own there grounds because they dont have a choice. The in town clubs dont have to do a thing so why would they want to own them?

those clubs would have paid next to nothing for them grounds and the rates for in town clubs to have their grounds maintained is sky high. i've had enough of this topic no-one is right or wrong, it's like stickin up for your family. blood is thicker than water

those clubs would have paid next to nothing for them grounds and the rates for in town clubs to have their grounds maintained is sky high. i've had enough of this topic no-one is right or wrong, it's like stickin up for your family. blood is thicker than water
sounds good mate. agree to disagree hey!! now did you say ya best backmen? and then midfeilder?

chooken said:
sounds good mate. agree to disagree hey!! now did you say ya best backmen? and then midfeilder?

Best backman for me would be either treacy or o'sullivan. I would probably lean towards o'sullivan can't remember him having a bag kicked on him (could be wrong). Best midfielder I would say young coates from Kerang has had a good year and Lance Brown doesn't lower his colors to often

chooken said:
Yeah im agreeing with you there i reckon. I also like campbell, and beasy has held both blokes well. Carrol had kicked 5 in the first quarter when he went on to him thids year and kicked 8. dont think he played against tooleytang but last year held him to 3

I couldn't imagine Todd Beasy holding Arentz too 3, unless he was playing in a wheel chair that day. Wasn't he the bloke Arentz belted the living suit case out of a couple of year ago?

o'sullivan is great backman.. no doubt and i am not sure if pohlner could stop some of the people that o'sullivan has stopped../ however. if you ever watch manang play. he is the key, the general.. sets it all up, very good mouth, very smart, very underated player..

Can anyone stop the great man carroll? 93 goals in 11 games? Not a bad feat only playing on 1 leg! Although have personally not seen him kick a goal in the wet! Big rain on saturday forecasted!!!

the gloved 1 said:
I hate to keep going on with this but it seems the 2 headedness isn't just prominent with the southern clubs it seems it is every club that isnt't swan hill & tyntynder.
Like I have said i'm not involved in a club but I do support footy. I go and watch every second week in town because of my circumsatnces it is easier for me to just go to in town games unless there is a terrific game scheduled not far away.
Both clubs from in and out of town would work there arses off! But here is the difference in town clubs probably require $60K - $80K a year in match payments to be competative and out of town clubs need upwards of $150K just to be a chance of playing finals.
This is not the in town clubs fault that they took the option many years ago to move into town because they knew they would be better off in the long run. Why don't one of you out of town clubs go to Murray Downs? Guaranteed best facilities in the league and an abundance of money from poker machines and you wouldn't have to do any work. You could be an IN TOWN CLUB.
The only reason there is hostility between the out of town clubs and in town clubs is because of success. And if you look at the history of the MMFL/CMFL the in town clubs aren't that successful but when they are that means they have worked hard for it. Maybe not as hard as out of town clubs but as hard as they have 2 to win a flag!

I dont think so arent they still in receivership .Murraydowns is in the Wakool shire just ask tooleybuc how much they get out of them

yeah austin it took a lot of manpower and raffles to get enough money to pay for and actually get them lights set up, not to mention the cost of running them. like i have said i dont think there is a differnce between the clubs working hard there is probably a difference in manpower and manpower means $$$$
Who has the manpower and the money?? Intown or Out??

super snooper said:
who are the underated players of the CMFL? Very good players that perhaps slip under the radar?

Here's a couple.......

Brett Pekin (Swan Hill)
Lee O'Meara (Lalbert)
Randy Munzel (Bombers)
Luke Crow (Woor)
Aaron ***** (K/B)
Travis Byrne (Balranald)
Nathan Pope (Cohuna)
Hayden Walters (Tooley)
Tim Styles (Tyntynder)
Adam Budjuso (Kerang)
Chris Knee (NNW United)