Central Murray FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobody called Bell a gun! Was refering to his mate.
Carey and Grant: Apperently Cohuna have signed another gun in Nathan Zerafa has a massive name in the Western Region Football LEague and Essendon District Football LEague. Is a good friend of Jon Bells apparently.

he might not be referring to bell but i dont know any others good players they could be referring to!

to say belly is not a gun is a complete understatement he goes out every week giving cohuna 110 % and will easily win their bnf

I didn't say that Bell wasn't a gun.Simply just stated that nobody had refered to him as a gun in that particular quote.Would be suprised if he didn't win the B & F at Kangas.

to say belly is not a gun is a complete understatement he goes out every week giving cohuna 110 % and will easily win their bnf

proves my point , that how good cohuna is !!! very average !! when are they ever going to attract big name players , they should have some power by being closer to melbourne than other teams , rather than fringe players in not so:) strong comps

proves my point , that how good cohuna is !!! very average !! when are they ever going to attract big name players , they should have some power by being closer to melbourne than other teams , rather than fringe players in not so:) strong comps

It is very hard to attract people to small country towns.However i'm sure that every club is out & about trying to recruit for next year.And just for the record Bell is a highly rated player in this league

I would have thought the Essendon District Football League was a fairly strong comp. Not a bad league to draw players from if you can get them

I would have thought the Essendon District Football League was a fairly strong comp. Not a bad league to draw players from if you can get them

I play in the EDFL and your right it is a very strong league. Dont be surprised if a few more players from this league sign up to cohuna and surrounds to play in a warmer climate and experience country footy

Cohuna is still a fair distance from Melb it's not like we're Gisborne....

pretty ill informed comments. Sounds as though you have some "history" with Belly but i think you've come on the wrong forum to sink the boot in as he's pretty well respected on here.

I'd rather The Herald Sun anyway....

Cohuna is still a fair distance from Melb it's not like we're Gisborne....

pretty ill informed comments. Sounds as though you have some "history" with Belly but i think you've come on the wrong forum to sink the boot in as he's pretty well respected on here.

I'd rather The Herald Sun anyway....

dont know the guy personally mate !! i ve lived in cohuna inthe past and would like to see the club go well and start recruiting wisely and get their side back into finals

Cohuna will be hoping he is a gun.Fairly sure he signed.
Any chance of the kangas getting ross hipwell back to the club, very aggressive skilfull flanker.
When was the last time the kangas played finals footy? When they first entered the league they were strong in all 3 grades of footy and they did recruit high profile players yet still couldnt get the elusive flag perhaps they have to throw everything at the bow & arch to coach them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carey and Grant: Apperently Cohuna have signed another gun in Nathan Zerafa has a massive name in the Western Region Football LEague and Essendon District Football LEague. Is a good friend of Jon Bells apparently.

he might not be referring to bell but i dont know any others good players they could be referring to!

You are a tool mate!! The Cohuna sides I have witnessed this year have plenty of guns, the problem is they are never all firing at once. When they have a little more experiance under their belts as a side, they will be a very strong side. Sure Cohuna could throw the cash around like many other clubs and buy themselves a flag but where does that get them in the future when their young up and comers are ditched for Melbourne players?? Country clubs need the support from the community to field sides and if the sides are made up of outsiders it won't be long till the town turns their backs on the club. Hammond, Chrichton's, Spring, Grove, Trigg, Arthur, Bickerton, Bruns, Bell, Easton and Bradley all are extremely skillfull, tough players that give 110% each and every game. This list would give their heart and souls for this team and their town and you know what thats really what footy is about.
Good Luck Kangas on 2009.:D

Any chance of the kangas getting ross hipwell back to the club, very aggressive skilfull flanker.
When was the last time the kangas played finals footy? When they first entered the league they were strong in all 3 grades of footy and they did recruit high profile players yet still couldnt get the elusive flag perhaps they have to throw everything at the bow & arch to coach them

Every club recruits players & only one club wins that elusive flag every year.There is more than one club in the comp that hasn't won a flag.Would be good 2 see Ross Hipwell back in playing at one of the local clubs

You are a tool mate!! The Cohuna sides I have witnessed this year have plenty of guns, the problem is they are never all firing at once. When they have a little more experiance under their belts as a side, they will be a very strong side. Sure Cohuna could throw the cash around like many other clubs and buy themselves a flag but where does that get them in the future when their young up and comers are ditched for Melbourne players?? Country clubs need the support from the community to field sides and if the sides are made up of outsiders it won't be long till the town turns their backs on the club. Hammond, Chrichton's, Spring, Grove, Trigg, Arthur, Bickerton, Bruns, Bell, Easton and Bradley all are extremely skillfull, tough players that give 110% each and every game. This list would give their heart and souls for this team and their town and you know what thats really what footy is about.

all sides have to recruit to win, its that simple...im not saying that a club should recruit an entire seniors side, like some have, but the opportunity to play with a handful of older more prized recruits will help bring the best out of any teams younger players...

I do agree with giving young kids a go instead of recruiting people into the club.However it is hard for small country towns to rely on locals for success.As a lot of clubs do recruit a lot of players so it makes it difficult to remain competitive in the competition.Unfortunately money has wrecked country football.To many people are playing for $$$$ & not for the love of the sport.

dont know the guy personally mate !! i ve lived in cohuna inthe past and would like to see the club go well and start recruiting wisely and get their side back into finals

I'm quite sure that when all clubs recruit they hope that they recruit quality footballers both on & off the field.However you don't now until they are at your club playing.It takes alot of hard work & time from volunteers to run a club & it's very easy to sit back & pass comment on what you think a club should do.

I'm quite sure that when all clubs recruit they hope that they recruit quality footballers both on & off the field.However you don't now until they are at your club playing.It takes alot of hard work & time from volunteers to run a club & it's very easy to sit back & pass comment on what you think a club should do.

is sean filo going to be down in history for being the first coach to lose 3 grand finals in a row , unlucky hey

hmmm.... if this cohuna team has plenty of guns, then what you call guns must be just players that just show glimpses of good football(because i havent seen many consistent good footballers out your way, guns win flags for ya). A gun should play well every week. if ya rate your team so highly why dont ya just worry about beating a team like worineen and not run ya coach off the bench when he is about 45.
But thats what country footy is about, isnt it?
you are gunna need alota luck mate in 2009

As far as i can tell, Cohuna dont have any guns. Using Tooleytang as an example, they have Ash Thompson, Ryan O'Sullivan, Lance Brown and Jarrod Arentz as their guns and this is the team that won last years flag (and thats in no way disrespecting the other players in the Tooleytang team.) Don't think Cohuna have anybody, Jon Bell included, that fall into the class of the above four players.

A "gun" player is someone who can win a game from their own boot every week, not just show flashes of good football every now and then. Considering you could count the number of games Cohuna have won this season on one hand, you could hardly say they have any guns.

Swan hill are a good side but i dont see them holding up the cup at the end of the year could only manage to beat cohuna by 8 goals and that was after a big last quarter they only had a 3 goal lead going into the last change

Swan Hill had 4 quality players missing on saturday. Its a big call to discount a side that has a spine like swan hill.

is sean filo going to be down in history for being the first coach to lose 3 grand finals in a row , unlucky hey

Well it's possible time will tell.There are plenty of clubs that spend big $$$$$$ and don't come away with the flag.You don't know unless you try.

As far as i can tell, Cohuna dont have any guns. Using Tooleytang as an example, they have Ash Thompson, Ryan O'Sullivan, Lance Brown and Jarrod Arentz as their guns and this is the team that won last years flag (and thats in no way disrespecting the other players in the Tooleytang team.) Don't think Cohuna have anybody, Jon Bell included, that fall into the class of the above four players.

A "gun" player is someone who can win a game from their own boot every week, not just show flashes of good football every now and then. Considering you could count the number of games Cohuna have won this season on one hand, you could hardly say they have any guns.

Last time i checked football was a team sport! How much do they pay them.........Lance Brown a gun ......not! Yes Jarod Arrentz can win a game off his own boot but he stiil needs someone to get it to him!

Last time i checked football was a team sport! How much do they pay them.........Lance Brown a gun ......not! Yes Jarod Arrentz can win a game off his own boot but he stiil needs someone to get it to him!

You are an absolute idiot Auskick. Anyone who has watched or played CMFL footy over the last 10 years will tell that Lance is one of the best the league has seen in that time. 2 league b & f's says to me that the man is an out and out gun. The best player that i have played with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back