Ch 7 GF coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Today's coverage was superb IMO.

SO good to have Dennis and Bruce back in the box on the big day. They actually tell you whats happening and don't do what the flogs at 10 do such as "Bateman.... now Hodge.... finds Crawford...etc, etc"

I actually think that is a real skill to call like they do cos you have to think on your feet and call as its going. Any moron can rattle off names of people.

The song was a shame, but I knew it would be on during the news. It was just really poor timing I guess. If it got to that time and they hadn't formed the circle yet they wouldn't wait.

The only thing that disappointed me was that they went to an ad break before the presentation. From memory they never used to do that, then ten started doing it and it always gave me the shits.

But all in all a fantastic broadcast and it was great to see Seven with the GF again.

i thought their commentry was good, and the pre game interview with cousins was great, but some of their camera work was dismal. there were many times where they were too zoomed in and you could only see about 4 players in the shot, or the camera was on somethine else while the play was going on, and i sit there yelling at the tv to show the play. One example of this is when they showed the hawks player (not sure who, sorry) was on crutches in the last. They kept bloody showing him when the play was on!

Why don't they show the lead up games? Why are we subjected to Olivia Newton John flogging Nintendo Wiis when there are dudes running around playing footy?

Why don't they show the lead up games? Why are we subjected to Olivia Newton John flogging Nintendo Wiis when there are dudes running around playing footy?
What leadup games? The Under 16s? :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good
Commentating- All excellent. Even the Ox wasnt cringeworthy today. Funniest call was from Dennis "Young to Crawford, now theres a contradiction =D"

Fewer ads during the game= Was it just me, or didnt they have as many ads today, staying with the game after a goal etc. Or maybe I am not right on this, since I did have a few drinks xD

Marathon- Good after the poor coverage of the 89 GF, which was poorly done. Heap of Ads, just showed highlights here and there, instead of showing long passages of play.

The Bad
Skipping the song- Some of my mates, and Dad are hawks supporters, they were livid they skipped it, a few beer cans were thrown at the tv screen where I was, and a few more around Australia I can assure you.

Anything after the Marathon and before the bounce- Typical 7, Advertising blitz, cross-show promotions, uninteresting dribble, and horrible 7 hosts (Hamish and Andrew , Im looking at you)

Audio- May of just being my local station, but where I was watching, The Audio would cut out for a couple of seconds, every 5 or so minutes. Very annoying.

Overall a 7/10. Not superb, would of been done slightly better on 10 I assume( except for the All-Stars commentary team, just take Ox out =D),but Sevens best effort of the year. Still the Seven we have had to put up with all year reared its ugly head in the morning and at the end of the game.

The AFL need to compel 10 to stop doing the 5 minute warning, with the threat of losing the right to cover finals if they don't.

I prefer the five minute warning, especially if the game is close. If anything the AFL should compel Se7en to use it, not Ten to abandon it.

That was the news
The Grand Final is al most people care abut in Victoria today. delay the news, catch up by cutting a few ad breaks short and everyones happy.

7 can get fu*ked IMO, they stuffed the gams up, now this lucky or me I've got a MCC membership so I'll just go from now on.

Well I didn't see any major stuff ups today.
They showed them singing the song, You only had to wait 20 mins. Most of the news was on the footy anyway. Geez, lighten up! I'm just thankful to be able to watch footy on the telly for FREE.

Next year, what might be better is to have the news at 6.30 rather then 6. Gives more time for player interviews post game, game recaps etc. It was a bit awkward at the end and Bruce didn't even have time to give a proper hooroo.

Appalling, especially the amount of adds, especially the adds promoting their crap programs.

Best part was we knew how much time was left in the last quarter - no 5 minute warning. The AFL need to compel 10 to stop doing the 5 minute warning, with the threat of losing the right to cover finals if they don't.

Nah the 5 minute warning works in some situations. Like the '06 GF. At that boundary throw in it wouldn't have had so much suspense if we knew their was only a second or two left. But yesterday when the result was just about gone with 5 to go I don't mind seeing the time to go. I like it how Ch7 have countdown and Ch10 have 5 minute warnings. A bit of contrast during the year.

Great coverage Channel 7!!! Sure they missed the song, but hey-all you ask for is a good coverage of the match. Clean broadcast. Commentators were all in fine form, Ricky O only butchered a few words, camera angles were all pretty good although no need for a helicopter. In all their best coverage of the year and the best coverage of all games this year.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

YES!!!!! I was at the game yesterday, and all the people around us were talking about that damn f'n helicopter, it drowned out the crowd noise to a degree, the atmosphere suffered a lil bit for it.

I prefer the five minute warning, especially if the game is close. If anything the AFL should compel Se7en to use it, not Ten to abandon it.

I agree whole heartedly with this. I love the warning.

There was a "Ricky O moment" in the 2nd quarter I believe.

Ricky- "Still no sign of Chance Bateman down here!!! He hasn't come out of the rooms."
Cut to a shot of chance Bateman about to go on the ground through the interchange gate.

Had to laugh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ch 7 GF coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Back