Chad Cornes is a gun...

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I may be biased, but if I were picking a team, the first guy in would be Chad, purely for his consistency.

Franklin, Kerr, Brown and Judd may all be better on any given day. But Chad for me is more consistent.

And for one, everyone hates him, cause no doubt he's killed their team at some point in time with some match saving mark or tackle.

I think he is without doubt the most versatile player in the comp (next is Pavlich). He can player every position on the ground.

And one game last year, he tagged J Hird (in great form) and completely shut him out of the game.

Yeah he's a gun.. One of the few that Port actually have
S Burgoyne
Lade
K Cornes
Tredrea
P Burgoyne
Pearce (in form)
Wilson
Boak
Motlop
Ebert

Do you actually realise Chad hasn't won a B&F? proves how many guns are at the Power doesnt it?

One thing I have noticed this year in particular is his footskills. I've literally said get ____ed out loud a few times with the way he hits targets.

Absolute gun and have been going to make a thread on it for a few weeks.

I know their good...

But it's contested Marks, running into the pack taking a mark over the top to save the Power in sooooo many moments throughout his career it ain't funny.

Also theirs a tackle against the 'Pies last year in the wet at the 'G that goes down as the best I've seen.

Dragged a player down who was running away with 1 hand while on the ground when Collingwood were on a run.

Why doesn't this bloke get more credit. I rate this guy up there in the top 4 or 5 players in the competition but all you hear is Pav this, or Brown that.

Anyone else agree that Cornes is as good as those guys, maybe better?

H2F not happy when you are serious as you are one of ,if not the funniest poster on BF,but for the sake of this thread alone...100% agree with you..he may not have won a B&F but he is certainly Port's MVP.

H2F not happy when you are serious as you are one of ,if not the funniest poster on BF,but for the sake of this thread alone...100% agree with you..he may not have won a B&F but he is certainly Port's MVP.

Thanks mate.... This has been niggling at me for a few weeks so threw it up. Glad I am not totally delusional as I have him right up there at the pointy end of most valuable players in the comp...

S Burgoyne
Lade
K Cornes
Tredrea
P Burgoyne
Pearce (in form)
Wilson
Boak
Motlop
Ebert

Do you actually realise Chad hasn't won a B&F? proves how many guns are at the Power doesnt it?

Top comedy value, when I saw motlop I was almost in tears. Funniest post I've read in a while.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Top comedy value, when I saw motlop I was almost in tears. Funniest post I've read in a while.:thumbsu::thumbsu:
Whats the matter? they kicked more goals then any Crows player could ;)

Trust a Dumb arse Crows fan to come here

Jealous Bastards, you could have had both Cornes and S Burgoyne.

Shame you sacked Graham a year early preventing easy access for that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who makes AA is a gun.
But seriously- Wilson as a gun? Maybe the water pistol I won at Galactic Circus. Be reasonable.
Number 1 player as voted by the fans in the Power's history

Yeah I'd say that about makes him a gun.

Beating Wangas, Tredrea, Primus, R James, J Francou, C Cornes etc etc

Roger James. Wasn't he a star in big games? Was sad his body failed on him.
Yep, good ol' fashioned footballer that could be overlooked in today's day and age of drafting athletes.

He kept us in the match in the 2004 Prelim in the 1st qtr, I can't remember exactly but I think he had maybe all but one of the Power's 10-15 first possesions.

Freak.

He also played some amazing games against the Lions.

And all this with his knee being up shit creek.

Whats the matter? they kicked more goals then any Crows player could ;)

Trust a Dumb arse Crows fan to come here

Jealous Bastards, you could have had both Cornes and S Burgoyne.

Shame you sacked Graham a year early preventing easy access for that!
Sorry mate but Tredrea aint what he used to be and I think his best is past him

Wilson-Solid player but gun ... come on

Boak-Sorry who?

Motlop-Heartless gimp

Ebert-Shown to be a lacking this season but he might turn it around but still not even close to a gun.

Mate I appreciate your passion for your club but you are starting to look a little stupid.

No doubt. C Cornes should be captain instead of Tredrea who is past it and is taking up a spot in the Power's 22 each week, much to the angst of his more deserving teammates.

usp45compact.jpg

He's a gun player but he goose-stepped himself off my Christmas card list. :)

Something about the Cornes clan is hard to stomach. Maybe it's a VIC/SA thing - I dunno.

I just don't like them. :D

Pity the umpires paid him peanuts in thr Brownlow Medal last year (only got 13 votes if memory serves), He should have got at least 20+ votes!

A great player, decent sort of bloke and a lovely singing voice at the Hyde Park Tavern when he's relaxing off season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chad Cornes is a gun...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back