Chad M

Remove this Banner Ad

Morrison's days in the midfield are over. His knee just can't deal with that sort of workload. I think a fit Chad Morrison is in our best 22 … probably on the half back flank.

This a tough decision for Worsfold - Does he give Morrison a go or throw one of the young kids (Waters, Staker etc) in to that role? I think he might go with one of the young kids. That means Morrison will have to play well in the WAFL and wait for his chance.

I wish him all the best ... don't forget he was rated almost as highly as Ben Cousins before he did his knee.

And I would rather see Morrison in the team than Kasey Green.

I tend to think that the standard positions are to a large extent history now. What we have is one or two leading forwards and one or two half forwards, the others are pushed into midfield. At times we see nobody at all in the 50 !!!!
It's all about flexibility and rotation I think although match ups are critical.

Originally posted by The Goods

Please

What does this bloke have to do to earn the respect of the fans at his club?

Kasey has pretty much cemented a place in the backline in the last couple of seasons with some solid efforts. Fortunately it hasnt gone unnoticed by the coaching staff.

Originally posted by Thrawn666
Please

What does this bloke have to do to earn the respect of the fans at his club?

Kasey has pretty much cemented a place in the backline in the last couple of seasons with some solid efforts. Fortunately it hasnt gone unnoticed by the coaching staff.

Agreed.. his effort on Medhurst in Derby I this year was one of the best individual efforts by a defender of ours this year.

I wouldn't say Kasey Green has cemented his place in the side.

If something better came along, he'd be quickly enough back to WAFL.

Don't get me wrong, I like him, he's an ok player who could turn into a solid player, but he's still borderline best 22 in my book.

But hey, proove me wrong Kase..

Originally posted by Black JuJu
I wouldn't say Kasey Green has cemented his place in the side.

If something better came along, he'd be quickly enough back to WAFL.

Don't get me wrong, I like him, he's an ok player who could turn into a solid player, but he's still borderline best 22 in my book.

But hey, proove me wrong Kase..

100% agreement BJJ

Originally posted by The Goods

Kasey Green?! What about Kane Munro?!!!!!
How that guy stays in the squad let alone gets a game is totally beyond me!

Originally posted by EagleEyed
Kasey Green?! What about Kane Munro?!!!!!
How that guy stays in the squad let alone gets a game is totally beyond me!

There's a difference between being in the squad and being in the starting 22 (obviously).

FWIW I don't believe Munro is good enough to be in the squad.

The commentary about Green I think relates to his place in the starting 22 and on that basis, that's where I agree with BJJ.

Originally posted by Exeter
There's a difference between being in the squad and being in the starting 22 (obviously).

FWIW I don't believe Munro is good enough to be in the squad.

The commentary about Green I think relates to his place in the starting 22 and on that basis, that's where I agree with BJJ.

Second that! :)

Third that on Munro. He must be sending Woosha and the selection committee some damn nice Christmas presents each year.

Kasey Green has grown on me a lot in 2003. As Cometti said, it's not easy being green. He is very much a confidence player.

According to the Sunday Times, Judd, Kerr, McDougall, Selwood and Kane "The Munny Man" Munro have all bulked up noticeably over the Pre Season. Chick has also added some bulk and quite a few of the Eagles are notching up personal bests in the sprints and endurance.

Also read somewhere that Green and Collica were going great guns on the training track and standing out.

Anyone going to the intra-club matches on the 6th and 13th?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by West Coast Stre
According to the Sunday Times, Judd, Kerr, McDougall, Selwood and Kane "The Munny Man" Munro have all bulked up noticeably over the Pre Season. Chick has also added some bulk and quite a few of the Eagles are notching up personal bests in the sprints and endurance.

Also read somewhere that Green and Collica were going great guns on the training track and standing out.

Thats good news. I honestly believe that the stronger and quicker we are the better were going to perform. In our former glory days of the early 90s we were the biggest and quickest team going around. I believe that if were to get back to the top of the mountain were going to have to get bigger and quicker again. If thats were were headed then its great news!

Originally posted by carlyp
Thats good news. I honestly believe that the stronger and quicker we are the better were going to perform. In our former glory days of the early 90s we were the biggest and quickest team going around. I believe that if were to get back to the top of the mountain were going to have to get bigger and quicker again. If thats were were headed then its great news!

True Carls, but in those days when Matt Barber was our weights coach, the other clubs at the time were not so much onto the weights as us. Now all the other clubs have followed suit.

Problem was, in those days we were trendsetters waiting for the AFL to catch up to us, nowadays, we are just part of the pack.

Matt Barber ??? wasn't he in the paper recently ??? giving kids little pills or something :eek:
and how is slappo's heart these days :D

Originally posted by Goldenblue
True Carls, but in those days when Matt Barber was our weights coach, the other clubs at the time were not so much onto the weights as us. Now all the other clubs have followed suit.

Problem was, in those days we were trendsetters waiting for the AFL to catch up to us, nowadays, we are just part of the pack.

Well we have to become trendsetters again. We have to travel the four corners of the globe and find something thats going to put us ahead of the pack again!

Yawn, I just cant wait for school to go back!
I don't go to school

He must still be in dockerland mode.
Nope... I don't represent Dockerland

Must be. Whatever it is, I don't like it. He's a Jackass!
jackass?? that's the nicest thing said to me all week

:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Chad M

Remove this Banner Ad

Back