Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask yourself what Caleb Serong's career would look like playing a season less of football. That's Chad Warner. First round draft picks extend their contracts on roughly 350-400 a season initially - that is what I expect Serong was on. Not a guy drafted in the 30s who wasn't a regular yet.

They are not comparable because Serong had a prime role in the side basically full time from the start of his first season, Chad had to work his way in and only stepped up into the player he is now after, or you could argue about the time, that he signed an extension last.

Sydney are getting great value out of him. That's why he gave the money signal when he kicked a goal a month ago, it's why this is about money now.
So how much is Nick Daicos earning this year? Practically the best player in the AFL yet according to your post he is on $350-400k, both this year AND next year? As a third and fourth year player.

So how much is Nick Daicos earning this year? Practically the best player in the AFL yet according to your post he is on $350-400k, both this year AND next year? As a third and fourth year player.

No, you've entirely mistaken when I said.

Now you're comparing Nick Daicos' first two years with Chad Warner, you've managed to find the two guys who won the rising star by playing key roles nearly immediately and are comparing them to a guy who didn't play a lot of football in his first couple of years compared to Serong and Daicos.

Chad Warner at the end of the year he resigned isn't even the guy who signed the deal, let alone the following season where he stepped up or this year where he has gone to a new level.

First round/early draft picks generally sign a 350-400k extension for two years.

Warner wasn't even one of those. Daicos wasn't one in that bracket either, that's why he's paid even more.

Do you really think that mid 2022 Chad Warner was Nick Daicos or Serong level?? No way. His form has exploded since.

Anybody who believes Chad is on less than $700k a year is delusional and irrelevant to what he signed his extension for his salary would have been bumped up significantly for 2023/24

2022 Bob Skilton Medal

1. Callum Mills - 662 votes
2. Chad Warner - 606
3. James Rowbottom - 544
4. Luke Parker - 530
5. Isaac Heeney - 529

No team lets this type of performance go un rewarded

Anybody who believes Chad is on less than $700k a year is delusional and irrelevant to what he signed his extension for his salary would have been bumped up significantly for 2023/24

2022 Bob Skilton Medal

1. Callum Mills - 662 votes
2. Chad Warner - 606
3. James Rowbottom - 544
4. Luke Parker - 530
5. Isaac Heeney - 529

No team lets this type of performance go un rewarded
That seems more delusional to me, why do Sydney have to bump up his contract because he started playing better? They don't magically have money sitting around to give to people outplaying the contract they agreed to

That seems more delusional to me, why do Sydney have to bump up his contract because he started playing better? They don't magically have money sitting around to give to people outplaying the contract they agreed to
not really teams have bonuses related to B & F , Goals , Brownlow etc and if they can they will bump his salary to reflect their performances.

Pretty sure clubs do attach bonus payments to B&F finishes and such.

Also games played.

They get a base salary plus performance bonuses.

And I post this scroll down and its been posted already.....:$

Pretty sure clubs do attach bonus payments to B&F finishes and such.

Also games played.

They get a base salary plus performance bonuses.

And I post this scroll down and its been posted already.....:$
not really teams have bonuses related to B & F , Goals , Brownlow etc and if they can they will bump his salary to reflect their performances.
Sure, doesn't mean he's adding 300k+ of bonuses, that would be nuts. Hard to operate a cap with that much in the air. There is no way having signed a contract in mid 2022 that he is on 700k

Sure, doesn't mean he's adding 300k+ of bonuses, that would be nuts. Hard to operate a cap with that much in the air. There is no way having signed a contract in mid 2022 that he is on 700k
The fact is we dont know what he is on

There is no reason why they wouldnt bump him up to reward him for his outstanding year/s
To have him on low salary would be cutting their own throat for future dealings

Do you really think that mid 2022 Chad Warner was Nick Daicos or Serong level?? No way. His form has exploded since.
Chad Warner was named in the 2022 All Australian Squad of 44. You are talking like he was an obscure nobody at that stage. That’s not correct at all. He was the best swans player on the field in the 2022 grand final. Everyone was talking about him back then. I remember listening to the likes of Damo Barrett even back the spruiking him as a star.
You are trying to tell me that 2 or 3 years after that he’s still only earning $350 to 400k? Not buying it for one second. Sydney aren’t that stupid

Chad Warner was named in the 2022 All Australian Squad of 44. You are talking like he was an obscure nobody at that stage. That’s not correct at all. He was the best swans player on the field in the 2022 grand final. Everyone was talking about him back then. I remember listening to the likes of Damo Barrett even back the spruiking him as a star.
You are trying to tell me that 2 or 3 years after that he’s still only earning $350 to 400k? Not buying it for one second. Sydney aren’t that stupid
I looked it up, THE_GUN And Obeanie1 are probably closer than I thought. His 2022 sig was announced around the time he was named in AA squad. Still not going to say 700K but probably between that and 500k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course they do. Because there will be players coming out of contract who have under performed and they will offer less.

Or players like Tom Mitchell who Horse never liked so they offered him a massive pay cut then pretended to be upset when they "only" got pick 14 for him.

No, you've entirely mistaken when I said.

Now you're comparing Nick Daicos' first two years with Chad Warner, you've managed to find the two guys who won the rising star by playing key roles nearly immediately and are comparing them to a guy who didn't play a lot of football in his first couple of years compared to Serong and Daicos.

Chad Warner at the end of the year he resigned isn't even the guy who signed the deal, let alone the following season where he stepped up or this year where he has gone to a new level.

First round/early draft picks generally sign a 350-400k extension for two years.

Warner wasn't even one of those. Daicos wasn't one in that bracket either, that's why he's paid even more.

Warner extended his rookie contract in April 2021 after being nominated for the Rising Star in his 5th match and playing an important role in our start to the 2021 season.

He then extended his April 2021 contract in August 2023 when he was pushing towards a Top 2 finish in a team that made a Grand Final a month later.

He extended twice in less than 18 months based on his form at the time being one of the best players at our club. Suggesting he is on 350k is far off the mark.

I would say that Warner is on around $650k minimum at the swans this year, and probably over 700.
I don’t care where he was picked in the draft 5 years ago.
His form since the absolutely supersedes that and he is being paid accordingly.
He isn’t taking $300k unders each year just because he was pick 37 in the national draft five years ago.

Not saying it id isn’t massaged a bit, but TPP payments just can’t be extended Willie nilly.

These sort of things remind me of Scottie Pippen…signed a contract worth 5 million or something, then was a top ten layer and couldn’t renegotiate.

Contracts give security for both parties and the compromise is you don’t always get what you want when circumstances change

Warner to West Coast
Reid to a Victorian Club
Lots of goodies to Sydney

An example using my club but all clubs could do it

Warner to West Coast
Reid to Essendon
Tsatas, #17 (or whatever our first becomes) and a future first to Sydney
“Lots of goodies” is doing a lot of heavy lifting here in this example 😂

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Warner is in Perth this weekend staying at the Crown with his partner. He'll catch up with his parents while over here and rumored to be taking another football related meeting with one of the WA clubs. Peter Sumich has added fuel to the fire stating Freo are picking up the tab for his stay at the Crown.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Warner is in Perth this weekend staying at the Crown with his partner. He'll catch up with his parents while over here and rumored to be taking another football related meeting with one of the WA clubs. Peter Sumich has added fuel to the fire stating Freo are picking up the tab for his stay at the Crown.

Think that may go against a whole slew of rules if true

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back