Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

You need to stop listening to the victorian media because west coast have rarely prioritised west australian talent, go back and look at our first round picks over the years. Nobody tipped Warner to be as good as he's become including Sydney who picked Stephens and Gould ahead of him in the same draft. We unfortunately didn't have the chance to take him as we traded our picks away that season for Tim Kelly which in hindsight hasn't quite worked out the way we would've liked but was an understandable decision the year after winning a flag.
And we took Serong & Young before matching a bid on henry way before expected. There was absolutely nothing left to pick him with in then end.

I just did a very quick look at West Coast's current list and you seem to have at least 20 players on your list from WA. Nothing wrong with that, but it definitely implies West Coast prioritises drafting from Western Australia.
Since 2013 we've taken 3 West Australian and 5 victorian first round picks, they pick best available first and foremost and later in the draft if talent between 2 players is perceived as more or less even they pick the home grown talent, just as most other clubs do. Certainly no outright WA bias as Jon Ralph, Tom Morris or Sam Mcclure would have you believe.

Either way, Chad wasn't available to us as we'd just won a flag and traded our picks for a guy who just finished top 5 in the brownlow, unfortunately the rest of the midfield were plagued with injury as soon as he arrived so we never got to see it at full flight. Failing to pick him wasn't some clear as day massive oversight or Sydney would've taken him with one of their first 2 picks they used on duds instead.

Fremantle and West Coast both prioritise Western Australian talent if they can. I still can't quite believe they both missed Warner.

This shit again

I can’t believe you picked Stephens over young AND serong….
But mostly …
I can’t believe Sydney picked 3*times before selecting Warner themselves,
yet here we are

*Btw how many of those players still on your list?

Shai Bolton is like Des Headland, looks good in a premiership team but actually an average player. That's why he went pick 29 in a weak draft. He is already 26 and declining in output, a new team would potentially get 140 games of similar level at a very high price in terms of salary. You can take that, or 2 chances (9, 10/15) of selecting young players with unpredictable quality, who may play 300 or 0 be better or worse, and cost less in terms of salary. I like Richmonds choice to attempt to trade this contracted player, so logically I would not like my clubs choice if it is the other side of the trade.

explain how me posting on bigfooty pushes up his price
Human mind adjusts to exposed inputs, public opinion is a remote form of exposing ideas to the cognitive centres that actually make the call.
Wow

This average player would be in your best 3 players

Shai Bolton is like Des Headland, looks good in a premiership team but actually an average player. That's why he went pick 29 in a weak draft. He is already 26 and declining in output, a new team would potentially get 140 games of similar level at a very high price in terms of salary. You can take that, or 2 chances (9, 10/15) of selecting young players with unpredictable quality, who may play 300 or 0 be better or worse, and cost less in terms of salary. I like Richmonds choice to attempt to trade this contracted player, so logically I would not like my clubs choice if it is the other side of the trade.

explain how me posting on bigfooty pushes up his price
Human mind adjusts to exposed inputs, public opinion is a remote form of exposing ideas to the cognitive centres that actually make the call.
Des Headland had Bipartite Patella and Fremantle didn't do their due diligence.

His output was always going to decline, and performances was all over the shop due to pain in his knees.

Bolton is better in a better team, but I would say most people are.

Devil in the details, what you pay in salary cap and trade assets.

That is true unfortunately
He can decline to his hearts delight going foward for all i care but he has been sensational for Richmond last 5 years when we needed him to be.

I remember 4-5 years ago there was a Shai Bolton thread where we were being told by WA supporters he was only worth a 3rd rounder. Wish i could work out how to bring that thread up again.

Would be some really funny reading

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back