Champion Data Stats.. Cloke not elite?

Remove this Banner Ad

Irrelevent what his kicking accuracy was, kicking accuracy does not win games, goals do. If he only kicked 100 goals in a year from a million shots, would you be happy with that? I would.

Ah who you arguing with? I think Cloke is the best KPF in the game and think it's a joke he isn't "ranked elite".

Did you read my last line in the post you quoted?

Regardless of this the system is flawed, as Cloke finished 1st and 2nd in every major relevant KPF stat bar tackling.

I don't overly care much about these rankings and categories and what not.

I think what we can all agree on... Cloke does need to kick straighter.

Some (very) rough napkin maths suggests that if Cloke last year kicked with the same accuracy as Roughead (not including non scoring shots)... 67% accuracy would have meant ~80 goals for Cloke. Obviously he would have easily won the Coleman, but just imagine that extra impact on game!

Imagine if he scored goals with all his oobs, he had 20+ for the season.:eek:

I don't consider Cloke elite simply because there's a major flaw in his game which if he gets right would make him super elite! You can't consider a forward who struggles to kick a goal from dead in front elite no matter how good he is in all other facets. I hope he gets it right because he'd be so much more damaging but after this many years in the system it takes a lot of optimism to think he will. I have it though don't worry

Champion data is on the record as declaring disposal efficiency as the most important stat in AFL. It makes sense then that they wouldn't rate Cloke that highly.

Anyone can see how good he is, but he could be even better if he kicked straight. He would still be in the top ten for forwards though.

Champion data is on the record as declaring disposal efficiency as the most important stat in AFL. It makes sense then that they wouldn't rate Cloke that highly.

Anyone can see how good he is, but he could be even better if he kicked straight. He would still be in the top ten for forwards though.

Yet there disposal efficiency stat up until recently has been an absolute joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Champion Data Stats.. Cloke not elite?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back