Champs Lg Champions League 2024/25 (League Phase) - On Stan

Champions League

Remove this Banner Ad

Some monster saves from Martinez. Particularly the one right at the end.

Finishing top 8 will still be very difficult but at least an outside chance of doing it. Definitely in a very good position to finish top 24 though and I guess (conceivably) the higher Villa finish the better the chance of facing a beatable opponent in the 9-24 knockout stage.

Some monster saves from Martinez. Particularly the one right at the end.

Finishing top 8 will still be very difficult but at least an outside chance of doing it. Definitely in a very good position to finish top 24 though and I guess (conceivably) the higher Villa finish the better the chance of facing a beatable opponent in the 9-24 knockout stage.

Good times as a Villa fan indeed.

Good to see your boy Gauci getting a run in the League Cup. Hopefully he is the one to take over from Martinez in a few years time.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Emery is such a top manager. Considering the depths that Villa fell to in the past, the supporters would be on cloud 9 at the minute.
Yeah was chalk and cheese difference to what they looked like under Gerrard.

Emery is such a top manager. Considering the depths that Villa fell to in the past, the supporters would be on cloud 9 at the minute.
Absolutely we are, I remember celebrating finishing 17th in 2020 because we avoided being relegated. So I'm enjoying this for all it's worth

Don't rate this new format. Feels like an assortment of games against a bunch of random teams.

If they wanted another 4 teams just go for 6 groups of 6 with top 2 going through to R16 along with 4 best 3rd placed teams. Thats 10 games each in group stage.

Don't rate this new format. Feels like an assortment of games against a bunch of random teams.

If they wanted another 4 teams just go for 6 groups of 6 with top 2 going through to R16 along with 4 best 3rd placed teams. Thats 10 games each in group stage.
Dont be jealous of Villa’s European dominance. Just embrace it.

The English Real Madrid.

Yeah I dont like the new format.

I used to like groups where you would play the same team home and away. Now it just random teams from Europe, some we will play at home, some away. Then hope to finish top 8.

It's dumb.

Not to mention the amount of dead rubbers there are going to be soon.

I don’t mind not having groups as the old format felt stale seeing the same teams play each other twice what felt like every year. It doesn’t feel like there’s enough jeopardy at this stage though with well over half the teams getting through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Champs Lg Champions League 2024/25 (League Phase) - On Stan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back