Champs Lg Champions League 2024/25 (Qualifying Rounds) - On Stan

Champions League

Remove this Banner Ad

Forgot about the new format. How does it work again?

Always shocked to see how early these fixtures start.
I think it's a 36 team table in the group.

You get 10 games to make sure you finish in the top 24 for the knockout rounds.

If you finish top 8 you get a bye. 9th-24th placed teams battle to get into the round of 16 with the top 8.

I think it's a 36 team table in the group.

You get 10 games to make sure you finish in the top 24 for the knockout rounds.

If you finish top 8 you get a bye. 9th-24th placed teams battle to get into the round of 16 with the top 8.
I just dont get how there are 36 team "league" but you only play 10 other teams. The draw and who plays who is gonna make a lot of difference. Looks like they are going for the stupid and unfair AFL system.

What was wrong with the existing set up?
36 team league where each team plays 9 other teams is not a balanced draw. Are the fixtures divided into seeding etc. Sounds a bit of a fixturing nightmare.

Groups where everyone plays each other twice with seeded pots is the most logical way to create a balanced draw.

36 team league where each team plays 9 other teams is not a balanced draw. Are the fixtures divided into seeding etc. Sounds a bit of a fixturing nightmare.

Groups where everyone plays each other twice with seeded pots is the most logical way to create a balanced draw.
How does this answer his question?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is what all the top managers are whinging about.

Funny how it's the domestic cup replays that get scrapped but adding lucrative CL games has them all suspiciously quiet.
And lucrative is one thing, but as someone said earlier, towards the end of the 10 games there is gonna be A LOT of dead rubbers. Pointless new change but hey money talks.

Which is what all the top managers are whinging about.

Funny how it's the domestic cup replays that get scrapped but adding lucrative CL games has them all suspiciously quiet.
Yeah this is what a lot of people said when the replays were scrapped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back