Preview Changes and pre-match discussion vs West Coast, Sunday 10 August 4:40 (Patersons)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 25, 2011
The Home of Football
AFL Club
Collingwood
With WC's win yesterday this suddenly becomes a huge match, with their finals hopes still hanging alive by a thread, while we can just about shore up a spot with a win given games against Brisbane and GWS to come. Another Sunday 4.40 game :rolleyes:

No idea about the changes, although Ball, Young, Thomas, Toovey and Kennedy will be pushing for a recall.

Fire away.

Outs: Maccaffer, White
Ins: Ball, Grundy

No point in tagging anyone from west coast

Grundy needs to come in to support Witts. Grundy's tank isn't that good but neither is Nic Nat's

ughhhhhh another sunday 4.40 game.

In: Grundy, Ball, Kennedy
Out: White, Martin, Blair

Shuey?
Gaff's been in better form and crumbles under a tag.

Outs: Maccaffer, White
Ins: Ball, Grundy

No point in tagging anyone from west coast

Grundy needs to come in to support Witts. Grundy's tank isn't that good but neither is Nic Nat's
I think you need to stop Shuey or Gaff. Both are stoppable but can destroy you if left alone as Adelaide found out. Otherwise Priddis is in AA form and is an absolute gun

ughhhhhh another sunday 4.40 game.

In: Grundy, Ball, Kennedy
Out: White, Martin, Blair

Shuey?

Lumumba can tag him if we need. I forgot martin didn't have a possession so Kennedy or Thomas will probably come in as the sub.

In: Grundy, Ball, Kennedy/Thomas
Out: White, Maccaffer, Martin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin didn't register a stat so will struggle.

Anyone know what minute mark he came on? I thought he would have started considering he played 3/4 last week....

Like I posted in the other thread, I would make just the two changes for this week and I would bring in Toovey and Sinclair and drop Langdon and Martin.

Langdon was dropped for this game and wouldn't have been playing unless Seedsman got injured so I think he will make way for Toovey this week. Maybe even Williams could be the one that makes way for Toovey.

I was pretty impressed with Ben Sinclair in the reserves and look pretty good for the first three quarters I saw him play.

No way you could drop Langdon. He had a bad 5 minutes in the 2nd but overall was very solid and saved us with rushed behinds, peeling off when necessary to kill the contest and even pushed up and provided run. For continuity sake knowing we won't go deep in September he needs to play every game for confidence going into next season as he will only get better. Martin will go. Ball will come in.

In: Toovey (if fit), Grundy, Young
Out: Willams or Langdon, White, Martin

Martin came on at 3/4 time - didn't touch the ball for a full quarter. Im a big fan of this guy at VFL level but thats two below average performances. Clinton Young blitzed the VFL yesterday and I think would make a big impact as sub player.

I think White could work on his game more freely in VFL. He was ok today but Grundy has worked for his chance.

Im surprised people are calling for the dropping of Blair. I thought he was put in two good games in a row. His pressure and intensity was fantastic.

Ball was outstanding in VFL - I favour Young for run in the west.

Def keep Caff in unless injured

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes and pre-match discussion vs West Coast, Sunday 10 August 4:40 (Patersons)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back