Preview Changes and Preview Thread vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hardly describe 17 goals in 10 games as 'electrifying form' but that is portadelaidefc.com.au for you. With the electrified Francis Evans and Jed McEntee sitting on the pine waiting to be unleashed Collingwood must be quaking in their boots. I would prefer Williams or Narkle to either of those guys.
Agreed Pieman 17 goals in 5 games in what the sanfl comp has become is handy, but hardly `electrifying!'

I suspect Williams needs a rest, but I too thought Narkle had shown enough in his games for the Power to be at the front of the queue to replace either of DBJ or McEntee.

In the end its a choice between Jones and Williams. Jones is more explosive. Williams has had the better year. Its much of a muchness really.

I reckon Williams, if not sub, comes back in either next week or the week after

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maynard is the one who brings the footsteps. Wouldn't be surprised if some of your players won't sleep well tonight seeing the footage of him against Freo.
Yes they're all very scared of your big tough enforcer. I bet your dad could beat up my dad too.

Hopefully Willie Rioli reminds big strong tough Maynard of his pathetic defensive effort to get blocked by a small forward and allow Dom Sheed to take the mark and kick the match winning goal in the 2018 grand final.

lol. The point is that Maynard shouldn't be on that list of players. You're so cool though.
Why shouldn't he? The point was to be listing Collingwood's running defenders.

Its Daicos that shouldn't have been listed since he's playing more midfield than chip-scabbing across half back in the second half of the season.

I have to say the Williams omission was a big surprise. Heā€™s either sore, or is becoming too unaccountable down back allowing his direct opponent to much space. You canā€™t fault him on his decision making, composure & skills, oh well.

If we can beat them, they'll have lost to Melbourne, Brisbane and Port - some narrative may form.

Wasn't it interesting how it only took one loss for us, and it was suddenly like the previous 13 weeks never happened. All the talk is Collingwood, Collingwood, Collingwood....

"No team can withstand their fast-scoring quarter ..."

Yeah, interesting, I can think of another team that's also been having blitz-quarters on a regular basis.

Jones and Williams are the same height. Probably true that Jones plays taller. Certainly I like having Burton in with our undersized defense even if his form has been down or he is carrying something.
Jones plays taller but more importantly he plays faster. I think weā€™ll need the speed this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back