Cameron White
Usman Khwaja
Callum Ferguson
Tim Paine
Mitchell Johnson
Nathan Hauritz
Ryan Harris
Ben Hilfenhaus

Hussey to captain the side for the last test due to being the standot this series in batting order that has struggled...Reward him by letting him lead the side in the last test...Then White from then on in.

Shaun Marsh
Shane Watson
Usman Khwaja
Cameron White
Michael Clarke
Callum Ferguson
Tim Paine
Mitchell Johnson
Nathan Hauritz
Ryan Harris
Ben Hilfenhaus

If Clarke doesn't get dropped I will never watch cricket again. Pretty boy front runner who spends more time in front of the mirror than at the crease, bring him back to bully Zimbabwe.

Ponting to play his last game at Sydney when he announces his retirement at the end of the MCG test.

Hughes to go back to district cricket where he belongs.

In: Khwaja & Ferguson

Hussey to open and I will wait to see how the bowlers go before I judge them probably Siddle out for some useless spinner.

Watson
Hughes (needs to pull his head in and realise he has a full ****ing five days to play)
Khawaja
Clarke (c)
Hussey
Haddin
Smith
Johnson
Hauritz
Harris
Hilfenhaus

But expect no changes aside from Beer in and possibly Hughes out. Hughes should never have been dropped for the 3rd test in England. Talented but needs to show some patience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cosgrove
Watson
Khawaja
Ponting (C)
Hussey
Clarke
Haddin (K)
O'Keefe
Johnson
Harris
Copeland

Cosgrove is actually the most in-form opener we have. Khawaja should come in to take the number three spot. Ponting won't get dropped, but he can be pushed down the order. Can't see Clarke getting dropped either (despite his form). But Smith, IMHO, just looks all at see.

Maybe Hauritz instead of O'Keefe, given that the latter hasn't had much game time under his belt lately.

I suddenly feel ill. He would be the worst captain Australia has ever had.

Certainly not the person to lead the Test team through the inevitable period of rebuilding. Unfortunately the Aussie selectors made the mistake of anointing Clarke as Ponting's replacement way too early in his career & if we know one thing about Andrew Hilditch, he is way too stubborn to admit the error of his ways.

Clarke did lead our twenty20 side to the final having previously been shithouse (even tho on batting merit shouldnt be near the twenty20 side). He's a reasonable captain but he's gotta get his batting right.

If we lose this match I wouldnt make many changes, no harm giving Hughes and Smith another game then (whats the point in picking youth if they arent backed). If the series is still alive Katich in for Hughes if he's fit, Khawaja for Smith and Hauritz for Siddle/Hilf

Probably better to wait until the bowlers complete an innings before having any idea of the changes but at this stage unless we can clone Hussey we are well and truly f*cked.

If we win in Melb, play the following XI for Sydney:

Watson
Katich (if not fit- Maddinson, Cosgrove or Klinger)
Khawaja
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Haddin
O'Keefe
Johnson
Harris
Hilfenhaus

If series still alive we need to play our strongest batting line up to bat for two days.

Hughes out, Smith out, Siddle out.
Opener in, Khawaja in, O'Keefe in.

If we lose Melb, who cares?

But expect no changes aside from Beer in and possibly Hughes out. Hughes should never have been dropped for the 3rd test in England. Talented but needs to show some patience.

You're making me ill. He was dropped 18 months ago and that's why he looks like a tailender batting out there? Will everyone stop making excuses for this guy?

Also because of that decision we have Watson opening who has done far more for the side than Phil Hughes is ever likely to do.

Ponting to play his last match in Sydney (great career). I think the team needs a massive revamp, but when we play our next test series our team should read;

Katich
Cosgrove
Khawaja
Hussey (Captain)
Watson
Ferguson
Haddin (Vice Captain)

Then the bowling line up I have no idea. They are all trash. Johnson @8

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes For the sydney test

Remove this Banner Ad

Back