Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 16 vs. St Kilda, MCG Sunday 04/07 @ 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried the Starward yet? I’m about to blast into outer space 🥃
Had been waiting for a cheap deal given I am a little wary of the sweet taste many report. DM have an online special. I will be restocking in a couple of days so will reassess the situation. If you were blasting into outer space some hours back, I hate to think where you are at now.

Sier wouldn’t get a game in most other teams, particularly the top ten.
Exactly!
However, I'm hoping the delusion of a few members here is shared by recruiters of other clubs. Because if this 'mythical' player is a walk up start in the midfield of all these afl clubs, then a serious bidding war should erupt. We may even receive a 1st round pick!

I felt that way in 2019, maybe even last year. Fact is the bloke is trending to play for us longer than Ben Kinnear did for even less output. Eventually you’ve just got to cut the cord, much like Scharenberg, Broomhead and co before him
How many times did we hear how much better Scharenberg was than Langdon even after his return from 3 recos? Again the club 'had no idea' not playing him each week. Where were all the clubs when he was delisted?

Had been waiting for a cheap deal given I am a little wary of the sweet taste many report. DM have an online special. I will be restocking in a couple of days so will reassess the situation. If you were blasting into outer space some hours back, I hate to think where you are at now.
I’m in The Abyss. No sound, no sight, just complete silence.

It seems pretty obvious we are not tall enough in the backline & too tall/lacking mobility in the F50.

These selections are made worse by how unreliable Madgen and Cox's performances have generally been for too long.

It's blindingly obvious that they are not long-term solutions for a rebuilding team.

There are reasonable alternatives playing decent footy in the VFL that may well become decent long-term AFL players, given experience playing at the level.

What am I missing?

Last edited:
Baffling that Cox is still in clearly ive seen enough of Harvey from one game to know hes ******* clueless.

If i was Max Lynch i would be ******* furious Jarrod Witts all over again.
100% correct, Lynch,s non selection annoys me the most Cox has had enough chances and both Cameron and Lynch should be picked before him, I was happy enough to give Harvey a go but Cox 2 weeks in a row Harvey needs to go asap.

100% correct, Lynch,s non selection annoys me the most Cox has had enough chances and both Cameron and Lynch should be picked before him, I was happy enough to give Harvey a go but Cox 2 weeks in a row Harvey needs to go asap.
Where would play Lynch?, he has Grundy and cameron ahead of him and he can't play anywhere but ruck and he has has played one average game against Gawn who just had a shocker that day and his previous 2 games where embarassing. We must have the dumbest supporters in the league. Next you'll want lynch sighed up for the next 5 years

Where would play Lynch?, he has Grundy and cameron ahead of him and he can't play anywhere but ruck and he has has played one average game against Gawn who just had a shocker that day and his previous 2 games where embarassing. We must have the dumbest supporters in the league. Next you'll want lynch sighed up for the next 5 years
When you say ‘shocker’ do you mean Gawn lost his ability to jump?

Or maybe he was caught off guard that a guy playing his 3rd or 4th game wasn’t a walkover; particularly in the centre square.

Umm, umm, umm, how many ummms in 7 minute's can u count
I stopped after the 3x “obviously “ in the first minute
If it’s so obvious, either don’t say it or don’t have a presser

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had a 30 sec purple patch on the weekend re.
F*** Gimpy John Lennon wrote a song called "iMadgen" for a reason re. He is bringing world peace in a time of need re. Gotta spread the love, give peace a chance, and throw some more beatles lyrics out there too re. Love your comedy too re. But you owe me a new laptop, because I chuckled my coffee all over the keyboard. Share half the gorilla when Coxy kicks snags the first, and we are square re.

F*** Gimpy John Lennon wrote a song called "iMadgen" for a reason re. He is bringing world peace in a time of need re. Gotta spread the love, give peace a chance, and throw some more beatles lyrics out there too re. Love your comedy too re. But you owe me a new laptop, because I chuckled my coffee all over the keyboard. Share half the gorilla when Coxy kicks snags the first, and we are square re.
‘Imagine’ was a solo work, hugely overrated song.
‘Yesterday’ for Bucks
‘Nowhere Man’ for Harvey
‘Here Comes the Sun’ for the rest of us

1625277521799.png

1625277585331.png

Collingwood V St Kilda

3:20 at the M.C.G.

Recent form: Collingwood LLWWL St Kilda LWLLW

Head to Head Last 5 Games

Collingwood 12.9.81 St Kilda 5.7.37

Collingwood 17.10.112 St Kilda 10.11.71

St Kilda 10.12.72 Collingwood 15.10.100

Collingwood 7.13.55 St Kilda 9.15.69

St Kilda 18.11.119 Collingwood 14.6.90

Both team’s form has been patchy leading in to this encounter with both winning two of their last five games.

We can point to a wonderful win against League Leader’s Melbourne before losing a close match against Fremantle.

The Saints can say they defeated last year’s Premiers but the week before gave up a six goal lead to lose against last year’s wooden spooners.

Where will the game be won?

Grundy has found some form but will be up against Ryder and Marshall. I think Grundy will shade Ryder/Marshall but he will need some support. Darcy Cameron and Cox can help share the load and hopefully kick a few goals when spending time forward. The weather doesn’t look great for Sunday so there are concerns that we go in too top heavy. I’m not sure why we play Cox when this will surely be his last season with the Pies. St Kilda relished the opportunity to play against a top heavy Richmond forward line last week. I am hoping our smalls are ready to grab anything that comes to ground. I’m looking forward to Elliott and De Goey snagging a few. It would be good to see Sidey spend more time forward. He has been off the pace for a lot of the season so more time forward might be the answer. McCreery is a big loss. His intensity and ability to pressure and hurt the opposition will be missed.
The Saints forward line is capable of kicking a score and I can only hope we have them covered. Madgen is the concern for me. He is a trier but is often found out. I can’t see who he goes to. I would have loved to see Keane played.

The Coaches?

Both coaches will be coaching against each other for the first time with Harvey playing 383 games for the Saints winning 2 Brownlow Medals and 4 Best and Fairests. Denied the top coaching role at the Saints on three occasions, now is the time to prove to the football world the Saints made the wrong decision.
I would love to see some dare in how we play the game. If we had played with the same intensity in the first 2 and a ½ quarters last week as we did in the last quarter we would be celebrating 3 wins in a row and while finals might still have been out of the question we would have put ourselves in the mix.

Adams will be better for the run. He is the heart and soul of the club and will surely be the next Pies captain. I love his intensity. It’s good to see Hoskin-Elliott played on the wing and I am hoping Quaynor, Noble and Maynard go for a run off half back.

Result

I am trying to be positive and am tipping a Pies win by 15 points BUT with finals still in sight I think the Sainters will put the pressure on. Really all I want to see is entertaining attacking football that gives me some hope for the future.

Do you think Cox should be playing instead of Lynch because I have I have seen nothing all season to support that view, 1st game I will give you was not the best 2nd was better and 3rd promising, still it was against Gawn who had a shocker according to you.

We have a small survey of 3 games each of which were an improvement on his previous game of which the same cannot be said of Cox who was S--- at the start of the season and remains so now across all Cox,s games all season whether AFL or VFL

Tell me why Lynch cannot played elsewhere instead of the usual platitudes after all you are obviously 1 of the bright Collingwood fans and you are the 1 mentioning a 5yr deal not me.

It is wonderful that we again face not being able to sit in our own reserved seats, even though the crowd will likely be tiny.
It’s pretty easy to answer this. With a limit on the crowd seating will need to be spread to fill each section of the ground. It makes sense for the spectacle and for social distancing

To achieve that we can’t sit in the seats we were allocated on the basis of full capacity. Not possible to do and ensure the crowd is spread out

It’s pretty easy to answer this. With a limit on the crowd seating will need to be spread to fill each section of the ground. It makes sense for the spectacle and for social distancing

To achieve that we can’t sit in the seats we were allocated on the basis of full capacity. Not possible to do and ensure the crowd is spread out

Going by what happeneing in other States I can't see us going back to that anytime soon Sadly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back