Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 16 vs. St Kilda, MCG Sunday 04/07 @ 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost at the selection table again !
Harvey playing the veterans thinking they can maintain his game plan.
The problem is that it's the same sh#t game plan. Cant wait to see the back of him.
Keane should be CHB and Madgen the Sub at best
Kelly should have replaced Cox as the 3rd tall
Sier brought in as the big bodied inside mid allowing Crisp to strengthen the back line with Moore and Howe out.
Keane and Sier especially need to be played a block of games to either earn a new contract or be traded out.
Ruscoe;s inclusion is ludicrous. Keane. Tohill Wilson all played better games in the VFL
Yes he looks better as a defender, that's because he's godawful as a forward
My Bench - Daicos Murphy Poulter Macrae
Not developing as much youth as possible in a losing season is yet another example of Collingwoods criminal list mismanagement
JUST PLAY EM !
Bloody OATH

JUST PLAY THEM

FFS

I don’t think he has the quality to become a top line player. Could well be playing local footy next year.
Hopefully he has been doing an apprenticeship/traineeship and has a trade. Still a lot to look forward to in the local community, and set himself up in business.

He would start in every team’s midfield - he has been butchered by Buckley and now Harvey
His 2018 form was exceptional and he hasn’t been given a good go since
This is my view too. He was excellent in 18 — then we fell for the ludicrous impulse to bring back Beams and it was obvious immediately that Sier would be the sacrifice. A fiasco.

Nonsense. Whenever he plays AFL, posters who have written him off then praise him for his skills and contribution, then malign him when he doesn't play football or plays VFL. He was among the VFL teams best few players last week, yet can't get an AFL game ahead of some absolute rubbish players who wouldn't even make the list at the better clubs. We hardly have such an embarrassment of riches in the midfield that we can trade him for a late 2nd or 3rd round pick. I reckon there would be some clubs salivating at the opportunity to pick him up cheaply. This club simply has no idea when it comes to player recruitment or list management.
He’s an average player mate. Sorry you can’t see that.

Brown should go back to the VFL to find from, he’s been the sub too much.

He should just retire , gifted games his whole sad playing career at Collingwood. Him , Madgen, Cox, are putrid footballers , and we are where we are due to gifting these suburban footballers games after games with all their below par skill sets and output to make the grade at this level when they do not warrant team selection, pathetic Club at the moment, glad Wrighty is back to get it right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nonsense. Whenever he plays AFL, posters who have written him off then praise him for his skills and contribution, then malign him when he doesn't play football or plays VFL. He was among the VFL teams best few players last week, yet can't get an AFL game ahead of some absolute rubbish players who wouldn't even make the list at the better clubs. We hardly have such an embarrassment of riches in the midfield that we can trade him for a late 2nd or 3rd round pick. I reckon there would be some clubs salivating at the opportunity to pick him up cheaply. This club simply has no idea when it comes to player recruitment or list management.
Have you tried the Starward yet? I’m about to blast into outer space 🥃

Attachments

• DBCDEA2C-34B8-4A2A-BB4E-B96FB558D6BC.jpeg
    DBCDEA2C-34B8-4A2A-BB4E-B96FB558D6BC.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
Baffling that Cox is still in clearly ive seen enough of Harvey from one game to know hes ******* clueless.

If i was Max Lynch i would be ******* furious Jarrod Witts all over again.

We can only hope! Time to be blunt Lynch is a ruckman that’s it end of story. Grundy is a ruckman that’s it end of story. One is signed until 2027 and the other is much better off dominating at VFL level. Harvey et al are playing that one well because playing Lynch as a forward won’t help him or us. I’m actually concerned about the prospect of us retaining Lynch and attempting to play him in the same team as Grundy and Cameron.

Cox though is on thin ice. We looked better in attack with the three talls, IMO, with the way we moved the ball. The thing is I’d rather an 8 possession no scoreboard impact game from a guy that might be there in 2 years time over an 8 possession no scoreboard impact game from Cox. Basically it’s a Cox v McMahon/ Kelly debate. Lynch only enters the discussion if Grundy goes down.

I was so impressed with Sier's 2018 season I thought he'd come top 10 in the Brownlow in either 2019 or 2020. Unfortunately for various reasons he hasn't been a regular and I think his papers are now likely stamped.

this team selection is ridiculous. No forward pressure last week yet Cox is retained. Madgen conceded how many goals last week? Retained.

I get we may not have the cattle but at least play someone new like Ginnivan who might be able to apply some form of pressure
Yet the next opinion will be ' please play some one that can kick a goal bugger fwd pressure '...
Of course what you want across the, say, 9 guys that will role through fwd 50 is some aerial threats, pressure, goal sense and ability to make some space.
We dont have that mix and much less so without Beau.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back